PA PA - Uniontown, WhtFem 30-45, UP16509, in big rig accident, cigs, keychain, clothes, jewelry, May'86

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The article on this is subscription only, and the available info provides nothing as to vital stats. But there is a very clear postmortem of the victim.

3FB780FC-5315-4D22-84F5-23DB71AC71A6.jpeg
DBA4C31F-3623-4F5F-9872-1CFA45557D8C.jpeg
51735caa7e2db.image.jpg

5176f9dda9a3c.image.jpg

Police seek answers about woman's life, death

POLICE SEEK ANSWERS ABOUT WOMAN'S IDENTITY:
On May 2, 1986, Joseph Daniel Richards of East Anollee, GA ... a commercial truck driver for Wilkinson Trucking of Commerce, GA, was involved in an accident in which he sustained fatal injuries and died soon after. Upon moving the semi-truck after the accident, the female in this photo was found deceased under the trailer. The only items found on the woman were a key chain, a pack of cigarettes and the clothes she wore ... nothing else to identify her. Mr. Richards' family could not identify her, and no one ever came forward about a missing person. PLEASE SHARE THIS PHOTO ... ESPECIALLY THROUGHOUT THE GEORGIA to PENNSYLVANIA AREAS ... IN HOPES SOMEONE CAN IDENTIFY HER. If anyone knows her identity ... please contact Trooper John Marshall at the Uniontown Pennsylvania State Police 724.439.7111
PLEASE SHARE THIS FAR AND WIDE IN THE HOPES SOMEONE CAN IDENTIFY HER FROM 1986.
<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of October 12, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 86 Uniontown Jane Doe.jpg
    86 Uniontown Jane Doe.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,742
  • eisel_elizabeth5.jpg
    eisel_elizabeth5.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,661
While the UID and Elizabeth look remarkable similar I think poor Elizabeth was likely killed by her ex husband/half brother :(

I have never heard about this (but when it happened I was only 11 years old) I live about 15 miles from where this accident happened. I hope she will be identified soon.

While the UID and Elizabeth look remarkable similar I think poor Elizabeth was likely killed by her ex husband/half brother :(

I agree that they look similar, but like you I think she was dead long before this accident happened. Her husband/brother seems to have disappeared another woman from Mississippi. Thankfully hes is in jail now and will never see the outside world again.

Was she a passenger or a pedestrian?

I think they were saying she was a passenger. But the fact that she was under the truck, as opposed to inside the truck, would suggest that she was a bystander.

Well, if she was found under the trailer it sounds like she was a very very unlucky pedestrian. However, as she was not local then circumstances favor her being a passenger in the truck, however she ended up under there.

This is my home turf, never heard of the case before as I was out of town for a number of years, including that time.

If her possessions were inside of the truck, that would indicate that she was a passenger.

I don't know that to be the case, though.

If her possessions were inside of the truck, that would indicate that she was a passenger.

Didn't seem to be possessions outside either, except what was on her body! This is a weird one, could be either way. Maybe they will share more info on this case, as it was clearly an accident and there is no criminal case to compromise.

That's strange. How did she go from inside to the outside? Could she have jumped out? She looks remarkable for a car accident victim.

Unbelted people can be ejected from a vehicle and it can end up on top of them. Not to be graphic but it is usually a closed coffin in that case. She does look pretty good for that to have happened.

Here is an interesting possibility;

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=331.0

Faith Ann Willis. Missing from Fairmont , WV, August 1985 (not far from Uniontown). Check out the hairline and the eyebrows, and consider that this UID was found under a semi trailer. Faith Ann Willis was only 4'9", but we have no vitals for the UID for comparison and she is not on NamUS.

Didn't seem to be possessions outside either, except what was on her body! This is a weird one, could be either way. Maybe they will share more info on this case, as it was clearly an accident and there is no criminal case to compromise.

Another possibility - pure speculation - is that there might have been cigarette butts inside the truck of the same brand as those found on her body.

There are a lot of things LE could look at to determine whether she had been inside of the truck.

No indication of where the truck had come from of where it was going?
Or does this trucking company just deliver in the local area - not long distance deliveries?

No indication of where the truck had come from of where it was going?
Or does this trucking company just deliver in the local area - not long distance deliveries?

The company and driver were from roughly 750 miles away, probably passing through. They never released much info on this case. It would be useful to know the destination of the truck, which might also have been the destination of the woman if she was hitching a ride.

This story did not receive wide coverage, so family may have never heard about the accident.

I can't figure for the life of me how someone could be ejected from the cab and end up with the trailer on top of her.

Moderator - can you please remove "Unionville" from the tags? This is definitely Uniontown.

Wow tamar, that video gave me a newer and much wider perspective on what can happen in a vehicle accident. It certainly could explain what happened here.

Thanks!

Magnum, this video might be an indicator how it is possible. While the video is scary (definitely not for the weak of heart) it is not graphic, and the guy is miraculously uninjured. Luckiest Truck Driver in Russia - YouTube

Yep, could happen.
I spoke to someone (not with LE) who said that the thought is that she hitched a ride with the driver at a truck stop somewhere. There is not much possibility that she is local.

Since this is in my area and I have done what I could with Mr. Bones (DNA has been or will soon be taken from living relatives of PMB), I think I'll concentrate on this case.

If we knew where the truck was coming from and going to we might map truck stops along the way to get started.

Anyone want to take a guess at her ethnic background? Asian? Hispanic? African-American? Part of one or more of the above?
Having isotope testing done to determine where she grew up would be great but is probably not going to happen.

Nancy M. has written a profile for this Jane Doe, complete with information about where the truck was headed, vitals, etc. According to her update today on the Facebook page for her Pennsylvania Missing Persons website, she found the additional information on newspaperarchive.com:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back