1280 users online (237 members and 1043 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    Too many links to terrorist activity to be benign. He has to be involved with some other group. How many lone terrorist are there that are so radicalized, travel to areas of terrorism, twice removed from other terrorists, etc?? Not just some lone nut job

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
    I have to agree. And naturally I am now wondering if the train plot is connected OR if Murderer #1 has had contact with the train people before.

Will we ever get real answers? I wonder about that, too.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    So, DT and mom both don't know the full name of Misha and where he is? Or won't tell?
    And frankly, whatever info DT gives about Times Square or whatever other plans they had....I'd take with 100 grains of salt because he has no incentive to tell the truth and this story could be a diversion from something else that's going to happen.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Suddenly, I have a song stuck in my head: Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings - "Rat in a Cage."

Wonder if this family is beginning to feel like there is nowhere left to hide?
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Do you have a link?
    Here you go

Republican Rep. Bob Goodlatte of Virginia, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, told CNN on Wednesday that he believed a breakdown in communication occurred between the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees border control, and the FBI.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told legislators on Tuesday that Tsarnaev's departure for Russia in January 2012 pinged "the system," but Goodlatte said that information apparently never made it to the FBI.

"They were not apparently sharing that information," he said. "So the FBI, according to what we now understand, did not know that he was in Russia for six months and and did not follow up on his return. So all of these things lead to more questions about what needs to be done to make sure that these types of things don't happen in the future."
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/24/politi...sia/index.html
    Love is blind...
    Don't fall so in love with your theory you're blind to it's flaws

Quote Originally Posted by noodled1 View Post
    They have not released the video, I got the feeling it's a dash board cam type thing. I'm sure it's out of respect to the fallen officer and also like the video of #2 setting down his backpack it's being held as evidence
    “I’m not sure if we have any witnesses,” Cambridge police spokesman Dan Riviello said. “There was a surveillance camera at MIT that captured some information.”

The footage from that camera shows the Tsarnaev brothers approaching Collier’s cruiser from behind, he said. Police assigned to investigate Collier’s death have not interviewed Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, he said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...o1K/story.html
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Not sure if this has been posted, but for those Uncle Ruslan fans (and others as well), I thought you'd appreciate it. Although the title says 'Muslims', it can apply to any group, organization, or community. A very good read.

bbm

Muslims have a problem. Uncle Ruslan may have the answer.

....“Uncle Ruslan” proved that folks can handle nuance. “It was wild, dramatic, angry, over-the-top,” wrote Washington Post blogger Alexandra Petri. She added: “People like Uncle Ruslan remind us that it’s the apples, not the barrel.

She concluded: “Thank you. This was a moment we all needed.”....

....To me, the answer lies inside a culture shift where we honestly acknowledge the radicalization problems within our communities—so that no Uncle Ruslan has to step outside his home, confessing to something gone very, very wrong.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...tml?tid=pm_pop
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    Sorry have no link for that. Wondering if someone else here had heard anything about that or has some thoughts.
    Nobody knows who Misha is. Ghost, no digital footprint which means he's either very scary or not very good at self promotion in the modern age
    Love is blind...

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    Too many links to terrorist activity to be benign. He has to be involved with some other group. How many lone terrorist are there that are so radicalized, travel to areas of terrorism, twice removed from other terrorists, etc?? Not just some lone nut job

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I don't know... I think there's a good chance there are more people involved in this than TT and DT, but his being "twice removed" from known terrorists doesn't strike me as a smoking gun. We know that TT had become radical; it stands to reason that he would have had some interaction with other people with similar views, some of whom would also be involved in terrorism. I don't think it is enough to assume that this bombing was linked to a larger group.

Frankly, once we start playing six degrees of separation, even totally innocent people can wind up pretty close to some unsavory people. I live in Cambridge. I'm sure if I polled my acquaintances, I'd learn that I have connections to people who know DT, or at least people who know people who know him.

Nobody knows who Misha is. Ghost, no digital footprint which means he's either very scary or not very good at self promotion in the modern age
    Or that is not his name.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
    Here's the thing for me: Russia's Federal Security Service asked the FBI to look into Tamerlan Tsarnaev back in 2011. From this article:

The FBI opened an investigation of Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2011 at the behest of Russian officials who expressed concern that he was becoming radicalized and could be planning an attack in Russia.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...66e_story.html

What I want to know is why Russian officials were concerned back in 2011 that Tamerlan was becoming radicalized & could have been planning an attack in Russia?

Putin may or not be posturing now, but I'm curious as to why Tamerlan was in Russia's crosshairs 2 years ago. I think there's much more to this backstory on Tamerlan & his family. Hopefully, trustworthy information will come out soon, explaining why Russia was suspicious of Tamerlan. He attracted their attention for a reason, IMO.

As it turns out, their concerns weren't unfounded, except that the terrorist attack occurred on US soil, and not Russian soil.
    Nice link thanks...

The problem is the Russians don't play fair, we may never know why TT was on their radar.. they ask for help and supply zero information up front then don't respond to requests for more...

The Russians provided information that included "two possible dates of birth, his name and a possible name variant as well," the intelligence official added.

The amount of information the Russians provided is at the center of a critical look at whether the government missed signals of a man described as emerging jihadist who may have been further radicalized overseas.

The FBI investigated Tsarnaev based on the initial information from the Russians before concluding he was not a threat.

A senior U.S. official with direct knowledge of the information says "the issue with Russia is that the initial information was extremely thin."

The Russians believed he was "becoming radicalized."

"There were no details, no examples, no threads to pull," the source said. "Because of the rather light nature of the information we did go back to them and asked can you tell us more. We never heard back."

"They did not give a case report back when the United States inquired," said another source with knowledge of the investigation.

Officials have said that the FBI investigation went as far as it could based on the vague information.

"I think we did everything within our legal authority to vet this individual. When all was said and done there was nothing to link him to terrorism," a law enforcement official said.
    http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/0...official-says/
    Love is blind...

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    “I’m not sure if we have any witnesses,” Cambridge police spokesman Dan Riviello said. “There was a surveillance camera at MIT that captured some information.”

The footage from that camera shows the Tsarnaev brothers approaching Collier’s cruiser from behind, he said. Police assigned to investigate Collier’s death have not interviewed Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, he said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...o1K/story.html
    That's it! thanks I looked all over for that thing...

"Webslueths the only place you end up with 8 tabs open on your browser and still can't find what you're looking for"...lol
    Love is blind...

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Or that is not his name.

A guy on CNN the other night did a who's Misha piece... Said they used every from of identity finder and search on social sites etc etc etc.. every resource CNN had it's disposal and came up empty

for myself, the little research I found on the name is it's short for Mikail

But more importantly it's a euphemism for the Russian word bear "medved"
    to some saying the name medved is taboo so they use "misha" instead... they feel if you say medved then you'll call out the beast and it will attack...

taken in the context we learned of the name misha it seems the mystery gets bigger...

now that i've said medved 4 times i'm going to go lock my doors
    Love is blind...

Nice link thanks...

The problem is the Russians don't play fair, we may never know why TT was on their radar.. they ask for help and supply zero information up front then don't respond to requests for more...

FBI should have been able to investigate what he was doing in US once he came back. Sounds like they didn't even bother or didn't even know he came back because the alert expired. Why are these alerts set to expire so quickly? It doesn't make any sense.
    Just my opinion

Nice link thanks...

The Russians provided information that included "two possible dates of birth, his name and a possible name variant as well," the intelligence official added.

The amount of information the Russians provided is at the center of a critical look at whether the government missed signals of a man described as emerging jihadist who may have been further radicalized overseas.

The FBI investigated Tsarnaev based on the initial information from the Russians before concluding he was not a threat.

A senior U.S. official with direct knowledge of the information says "the issue with Russia is that the initial information was extremely thin."

The Russians believed he was "becoming radicalized."

"There were no details, no examples, no threads to pull," the source said. "Because of the rather light nature of the information we did go back to them and asked can you tell us more. We never heard back."

"They did not give a case report back when the United States inquired," said another source with knowledge of the investigation.

Officials have said that the FBI investigation went as far as it could based on the vague information.

"I think we did everything within our legal authority to vet this individual. When all was said and done there was nothing to link him to terrorism," a law enforcement official said.

I wish the unnamed sources would have been indentified. His/her names may have been withheld due to security reasons, but I always like to know my sources, so that I can determine (for myself) if they're credible or not. A 'senior US official with direct knowledge of the information' may or may not be be trying to cover his/her own ass, and/or the so-called sources may or may not be credible sources. IDK

I can't help but wonder why the Russian Federal Security Service would have contacted the FBI 2 years ago requesting an investigation into Tamerlan Tsarnaev (of all people) unless there was a reason. I say 'of all people', because 2 years ago, who was Tamerlan, except a 24 year old dead-beat college drop-out Russian immigrant father?

Today, 2 years later, Tamerlan Tsarnaev is a deceased alleged terrorist.

I need to know why Russia was suspicious of him back in 2011, so much so that they wanted the FBI to look into him.

If Russia's Federal Security Service has more information on Tamerlan Tsarnaev and/or anyone else who may have influenced him (including possibly his family members), they need to share it with the FBI.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Goodness gracious - a new thread!

TY Bessie for carrying over the last few posts from the previous thread. I woulda been totally lost otherwise.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast