01-09-2013, 09:33 AM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2008
- sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
State rests rebuttal case- thread #164
Continue discussing the trial here:
Trial schedule for this week:
4/25/2013 9:30 Trial
thread # 49
timeline and media *no discussion* thread
Links to live media coverage:
timeline by poster rmt:
COURT DOCKET (click case history and enter Jodi Arias)
ask your legal questions here and our verified attorneys will give an answer:
Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
discuss the receipts and checks here:
Arias Trial; Compare the receipts and the monetary transactions - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
justice for Travis ribbon:
Travis "T-dogg" Alexander Memorial Video - YouTube
Travis Victor Alexander
July 28, 1977 - June 4, 2008
Summary of case and key dates:
Crime Scene Photographs:
Detective's Investigative Report:
BLOGS AND MYSPACE
Travis' blog: http://travisalexander.blogspot.com/
Travis' myspace: http://www.myspace.com/tvalexander
Defendants' blog: http://jodiarias.blogspot.com/
Defendants' myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jodiarias
Defendants' other myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jfineart
WS MEMBER RMT's TIMELINE
MARICOPA COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
Jodi Ann Arias DOB 7/1980
Public Access to Criminal Court Case Information
Case History, Case# CR2008-031021
Criminal Court Case History
Minute Entries, Case# CR2008031021
Clerk of the Superior Court Minute Entries
ABC15 Jodi Arias Murder Trial
ABCNews Jodi Arias
CNN (HLN) show transcripts
FOX10News Jodi Arias Trial
HLNtv Jodi Arias
Huff Post Jodi Arias
KPHO Jodi Arias
Beth Karas InSession
In Memory of Travis Alexander
TRIAL LIVE STREAMING
Trial starts at 10:30am MST (GMT -7:00) (12:30pm EST)
Legal thread: leave a question and get an answer
timeline and media thread
1) Keep the religious debate off of the thread please.
2) Do NOT call names or otherwise bash the defense team.
3) NO OFF COLOR OR SEXUAL JOKES PLEASE- which would include sexual innuendo using the word 'skank' and restroom humor
4) if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)
Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-26-2016 at 08:56 AM. Reason: broken links
04-11-2013, 10:59 AM #2Former Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
Members, please read this article from USA Today and you will realize why we've had to be so strict on the name calling and disparaging remarks of the defense team's witnesses.
Could it be construed as witness intimidation? Regardless of the argument for or against free speech, Websleuths will not be responsible for giving the appearance of any organized effort to intimidate or tamper with any witness during any trial.
We ask that you please post responsibly.
Sue and Tricia
04-22-2013, 02:01 PM #3Former Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
It is fine to disagree with another member. It is NOT fine to tell them what they meant in a negative way. Just say "did you mean to say..............?" It alleviates the acceleration that ends up in Snarksville. Also, if you state something as a fact, be prepared to link up. That's why we have that rule - if we link to facts then there are less misunderstandings. :kimsterwink:
Also, watch for our verified professionals. They can help clear things up much of the time. And if you are a verified professional and it doesn't read that under your name, please let one of the admins know and we'll fix it for you.
No more snark. If I see any more, there will be stunning involved.
Also, if you are going to talk about the sexual aspects of the testimony, keep it on the trial and don't embellish the information. If you do, it's an automatic time out. We've warned you guys about that one for weeks now.
04-27-2013, 07:40 PM #4
State rests rebuttal case- thread #164
Continue discussion here...
04-27-2013, 07:46 PM #5Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
- Wyandotte, Michigan
04-27-2013, 07:48 PM #6
2nd? That's a first!Everything is my opinion, unless I tell you it's not.
04-27-2013, 08:02 PM #7
First page woot!
On a more serious note. I'll give d. Freeman a pass since I heard about his tragedy.~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here
04-27-2013, 08:03 PM #8
So is Spanx another name for 'girdle'.My prayers are for the innocent.
04-27-2013, 08:03 PM #9
Dan Freeman's sister totally creeped me out. Like "Children of the Corn".
Really weird. IMO
04-27-2013, 08:04 PM #10
My oldest brother was murdered by hisself and I know it f#*^s with you for a while.~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here
04-27-2013, 08:05 PM #11
04-27-2013, 08:05 PM #12
Carried this over from the other thread. Posted # 1550 from last thread by Nhic.
Thank You Nhic!
What’s Wrong With Dr. Geffner?
Though Dr. Geffner has some pretty hefty credentials he also has some serious issues having been impeached in some court cases. Check it out:
1. His background is impressive, he is the Founder and President of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute in San Diego, California. He has been a researcher and consultant for 28 years and has presented over 450 key note speeches.
2. Now the bad news- for him: (This info is from a comment made by ‘Nancy B’ on the ‘My Crime Time’ blog). Regarding the Case of Cyndie O’Rourke v. James O’Rourke the court found Dr. Geffner to be nothing more than a ‘hired gun’ for the Mother in this case. This was a divorce/custody case where the Father prevailed. Apparently the MMPI test found ‘maladaptive personality traits’ in the Mother and Dr. Geffner challenged the use of the MMPI test and even went on to recommend that the Mother file ethics complaints against the other mental health professionals in the case.He felt he was the expert and the others were out of their expertise. (Nancy B. shares a link for info. on the ‘My Crime Time’ blog). This indicates to me he will most likely imply the MMPI test is not valid in this case and Dr. Demarte doesn’t have the credentials that he does and her opinion is therefore inadequate.
3. Dr. Geffner testified that he no longer treats patients but devotes all his time to consulting work related to his specialty. He has been an expert witness in a number of cases in different jurisdictions. Though he has testified in a great number of cases he stated that he did not remember very much about the facts of those cases.
4. In a Texas case; Clark v. Collins, 956 F.2d 68 (5th Circuit 1992) the court found that Dr. Geffner’s affidavit lacked credibility, in part because it was based on hearsay information supplied by the defendant’s attorney with no independent verification. (Sound like any defense attorneys we know who believe everything their client says?)
5. The court also excluded the Dr.’s testimony in Hawaii v. French, 129 P.3d 581 (Hawaii 2006) involving allegations of child sexual abuse.
6. In State v. Supulvado, 655 So.2d 623 (La. App. 1995) the court limited most of his testimony as he relied mostly on the information supplied by the defendant and he testified about effects of brain damage on emotional functioning though he is not a medical doctor.
7. So I dug a little more and found this:
Strickland v. Washington, 466 U.S. 668, 687, 104 S.Ct. 2052, 2064, 80 L.Ed.2d 674 (1984). “[C]ounsel is strongly presumed to have rendered adequate assistance and made all significant decisions in the exercise of reasonable professional judgment. Id. at 690, 104 S.Ct. at 2066.
22 The state trial court found that Dr. Geffner’s affidavit lacked credibility for three reasons: (1) the evaluation, which makes conclusions as to Clark’s conduct in 1987, was conducted five years later, in 1992; (2) Dr. Geffner did not review the court records or a transcript of the trial testimony; and (3) Dr. Geffner relied upon records from Clark’s childhood in Pennsylvania, with no records since 1976, and upon hearsay information supplied by Clark’s attorneys, with no independent verification of the information, and interviews with Clark. The state court further found that, even if credible, Dr. Geffner’s affidavit does not support a conclusion that Clark was either incompetent or insane at the time of the murders, or that he did not act deliberately within the meaning of the first special issue.
8. Oh, and did I mention he was an editor for Alyce LaViolette?
Should be a field day for Mr. Martinez!
04-27-2013, 08:08 PM #13
04-27-2013, 08:09 PM #14
04-27-2013, 08:09 PM #15
It's gonna be a long day Wednesday. That's alot of material for Juan to discredit Dr. G
By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi AriasReplies: 1601Last Post: 04-27-2013, 08:00 PM
By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi AriasReplies: 1992Last Post: 01-25-2013, 10:03 AM
By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi AriasReplies: 2098Last Post: 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi AriasReplies: 1697Last Post: 01-19-2013, 12:12 PM
By beach in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years oldReplies: 2561Last Post: 07-04-2011, 12:15 PM