1341 users online (326 members and 1015 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

I have never started a thread before. PLEASE put this in the appropriate place! Thanks!

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/04...9-prompts.html

Quote Originally Posted by Helenstreet View Post
    I have never started a thread before. PLEASE put this in the appropriate place! Thanks!

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/04...9-prompts.html
    Wow....not much information on this. I wish they had some kind of description of the intruder. Were the kids home alone? Oh my, very sad indeed.

Multiple law enforcement agencies combed the area Saturday afternoon for a suspect believed to be armed and dangerous, described as a white or Latino male, with longer gray hair, 6 feet tall with a muscular build, last seen wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and blue pants.
    Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/04/27/269...#storylink=cpy

I just saw this on the 11pm news and rushed here knowing my sleuthers would be on it!

I can't find any info in any of the articles I've read regarding what time this happened and where the parents were.

9 Year Old Killed Today in Valley Springs. Homicide Investigation Underway

Posted by: John_Hamilton on 04/27/2013 04:26 PM
    Valley Springs, CA...The Calaveras County Sheriff and District Attorney’s Office are currently investigating the homicide of a nine year old child at a residence on Rippon Road in Valley Springs. Multiple law enforcement agencies are currently searching the area for a suspect described as a White or Hispanic male, with longer gray hair, six foot tall, muscular build, last seen wearing a black long sleeved shirt and blue pants. This suspect is considered armed and dangerous. Residents in the area are being advised via Reverse 911 and Nixle mass notification systems to lock their doors and report suspicious activity. If you see someone in the area matching the suspect’s description, report it immediately to the Sheriff’s Office and call 9-1-1.

Update as of 9:17pm...We just checked in with the Calaveras County Sheriff's Department and there is no additional information at this time. Officers from multiple agencies are still conducting an extensive search...

This is an active investigation with a search of the area and neighborhood canvassing underway. There is no further information at this time and more information will be provided at 8 pm tonight.

Editors Note: From all of us at ThePineTree.net our thoughts and prayers are with the family and those affected at this time
    ================================================== ==

http://thepinetree.net/index.php?mod...title=announce

This is so surprising. I know this area well. It is a small bedroom community, mostly full of cabins for winter sports and summer golf and hiking etc. It is near Bear Valley.

It is such a small little town.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

This is the same area those two crazy meth freak killers placed their victims in various wells. Does anyone remember their names? One is on Death Row.

Dispatchers said the call came in to the Sheriff’s Office about noon.

One of the law enforcement officers told her there was a robbery down the street, that a 12-year-old boy who lived there chased the robber off, and when he returned to the house, he found his 9-year-old sister stabbed. The girl was fatally injured, but details were not available at 8 p.m. Saturday about whether she died at the scene or was taken to a hospital.
    http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Lo...-murder-update

One of the law enforcement officers told her there was a robbery down the street, that a 12-year-old boy who lived there chased the robber off, and when he returned to the house, he found his 9-year-old sister stabbed. The girl was fatally injured, but details were not available at 8 p.m. Saturday about whether she died at the scene or was taken to a hospital.========================================= ========

I don't get this. How does a 12 yr old boy ' chase a robber off?' The intruder is described as a grown man who is armed and dangerous. How did a 12 yr old chase him away?

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    This is the same area those two crazy meth freak killers placed their victims in various wells. Does anyone remember their names? One is on Death Row.
    The "Speed Freak Killers". My close friend lives in Valley Springs, and she happened to be at the hospital today when they brought the little girl in. She knows the road the home is located on well, and it is very strange that this happened there.

Loren Herzog & Wesley Shermantine.....

One of the law enforcement officers told her there was a robbery down the street, that a 12-year-old boy who lived there chased the robber off, and when he returned to the house, he found his 9-year-old sister stabbed. The girl was fatally injured, but details were not available at 8 p.m. Saturday about whether she died at the scene or was taken to a hospital.========================================= ========

I don't get this. How does a 12 yr old boy ' chase a robber off?' The intruder is described as a grown man who is armed and dangerous. How did a 12 yr old chase him away?
    EXACTLY. I have a feeling that we will eventually find out that there is much more to this story than we are now hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Loren Herzog & Wesley Shermantine.....
    October 16, 1985

On October 16, 1985, Chevy told her friends that she was skipping school to spend the day in the mountains in Valley Springs, California with a male friend. The last anyone saw of her was when she was getting into a red pickup truck at school.

Chevelle "Chevy" Wheeler was 16 years old when she went missing outside of the Franklin High School in Stockton, California in 1985. Stockton investigators believe that she was likely among one of the first victims of serial killers Wesley Shermantine Jr. and Leron Herzog, later known as the "Speed Freak Killers".
    http://crime.about.com/od/missing/ss...le-wheeler.htm

Search for man who killed 9-year-old girl in California

Search is on for man who killed 9-year-old girl in Rancho Calaveras
    Authorities: Suspect is armed, dangerous

UPDATED 7:08 PM PDT Apr 27, 2013

RANCHO CALAVERAS, Calif. (KCRA) —Authorities are searching near Rancho Calaveras for a man they said killed a 9-year-old girl at a house on Rippon Road in Calaveras County.

Police said a 12-year-old boy encountered an intruder in his home, and the man ran away.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/search-on-f...#ixzz2RlJe5cEX

How scary!

Not much information...

Where are/were the parents?

Were the kids at home by themselves when the intruder came in?

Was the victim a target... or was this a random act of violence?

So many questions...

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast