1198 users online (206 members and 992 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

Two cases in one. A kidnapped and STILL MISSING infant and one STILL unidentified abandoned toddler!|

Who is Paul Fronczak? Where is the original Paul Fronczak? and Who is the still unidentified "Scott McKinley"?

April 26 1964 is supposed Paul Joseph Fronczak's birthday, but he's just learned that he has no idea when he was actually born, that his parents aren't really his parents, and that he hasn't a clue where he's from or who he is.

A boy was born at Chicago's Michael Reese Hospital, the son of Chester and Dora Fronczak. One day later, a woman dressed as a nurse walked into the mother's hospital room and said the baby needed to be examined by a doctor. Dora handed him over.

A frantic, desperate manhunt was launched by police.

In July 1965, a boy in a stroller was abandoned outside a store in Newark, N.J. Child welfare authorities named him Scott McKinley. FBI agents examined him at the orphanage, looked at his skin, bones, blood and his ears. They mistakenly determine that he is the missing infant Paul Fronczak.

June 1966 - After traveling to Newark, New Jersey, Chester and Dora Fronczak took possession of Scott McKinley, believing him to be their infant stolen from the hospital.

2012 - DNA testing proves that Paul/Scott is not the biological child of the Fronczak's. "I haven't told them," Paul Fronczak said. "I want to do it right. There are no do-over's on this one." *edit to add that he has now told them- see the facebook page to learn how he handled this difficult task.

Article:
    http://www.8newsnow.com/story/220800...emains-mystery

Timeline with MANY PHOTOS, including the infant, the abandoned unidentified toddler and the Kidnapper:
    http://www.8newsnow.com/category/263101/paul-joseph-fronczak

Click here to Help Solve The Case, Share a Tip and Learn More on our Facebook Page - the I-Team 8 news facebook page.
    Last edited by Marie; 04-29-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Fascinating!
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Yes, this is some case!!! It was on Coast 2 Coast last night, I didn't hear it all but went online and read the article.

wow, lot of twists and turns. If this were a Lifetime movie I would say the plot was too far fetched about the time the discovery that he was NOT the original Paul happened.

Truth truly is stranger than fiction sometimes.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Mind boggling! Just WOW!
    I hope he can be identified and reunited with his real parents and the real Paul can be found alive.
    First thing would be to check to see if there were any missing baby boys from 1964-65, but what if the found boy was really abandoned by his parents and never reported missing?
    Imagine how many other cases could be solved by checking someone's DNA?

Maybe they can take DNA from Paul and the Fronczaks and see if there's a match in any databases (criminal or not)? They could possibly find some family members in there. It's been 50+ years; something could've happened in that time that landed a relative or someone in a national database.

There are also groups like 23andMe that'll take your DNA and, besides finding out your ethnic/racial backgrounds and any genetic conditions, will see if you have any family members you don't know about. They're a bit expensive but maybe one would be nice enough to do it for free considering the circumstances?

It might not work, but there has to be SOMEONE. If not the Fronczak baby or Paul's parents themselves, a relative who can point you in the right direction or maybe tell you what happened.

It's worth a try.

I did a fast scan through our Missing in the 60's and found two files on missing boys. William Ebenezer Jones and Jamie Bordenkircher.
    Looking at their pictures, it could be either of them, but I'm not very good at this. I was looking at the ears and the lighter colored hair.
    I know it's an outside chance, but if someone could put the pictures of the boys and the man side by side, it may help.
    Here are the links:

NJ NJ - William Ebenezer Jones, 3, Vineland, 17 Dec 1962 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    CA CA - Jamie Bordenkircher, 2, North Lake Tahoe, 12 June 1965 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 09:09 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    I did a fast scan through our Missing in the 60's and found two files on missing boys. William Ebenezer Jones and Jamie Bordenkircher.
    Looking at their pictures, it could be either of them, but I'm not very good at this. I was looking at the ears and the lighter colored hair.
    I know it's an outside chance, but if someone could put the pictures of the boys and the man side by side, it may help.
    Here are the links:

NJ NJ - William Ebenezer Jones, 3, Vineland, 17 Dec 1962 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    CA CA - Jamie Bordenkircher, 2, North Lake Tahoe, 12 June 1965 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    WOW! What a story! With regards to the URL:

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/220800...emains-mystery.

I got a look at "Paul's" baby picture, and did think of the Billy Jones case. Billy was kidnapped from his yard in December of 1962, while his Mother who was preparing lunch went into a bedroom to check on her other son. The little toddler's sister said the man gave her a plastic flower and had taken Billy. It would be interesting to see where in New Jersey back in 1965 "Paul" was found in relation to where the Jones' lived in 1962. I think the family still lived in the same house in 1965. Also not too good at picture ID's, but I think "Paul" looks more like Billy Jones than Jamie Bordenkircher.

Satch
    Last edited by Satch; 05-10-2013 at 04:21 PM.

DNA Test Reveals Nevada Man Is Not Who He Thought He Was

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...hought-he-was/

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — Imagine not knowing your real name, or who your birth parents are, or even your age. For one man, this is reality.

Paul Fronczak has had two names during his life, neither is his own.

“I don’t know why, but it really started consuming my thoughts, like ‘who am I?’” he told CBS 2 investigative reporter Tamara Leitner.

The mystery began at the since-demolished Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago in 1964. Chester and Dora Fronczak had given birth to a baby boy named Paul Joseph Fronczak.

The rest of the story at link....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

I am sure he has put his DNA into family reference sample registries. He is also eligible to have his DNA put into CODIS, I am pretty certain. The FBI was involved in his case, so they should be willing to do it for him.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I am sad for this man. I hope that he gets the answers that he needs.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Holy Canoli! I used to work at Michael Reese Hospital back in the day - I had no idea there had ever been a newborn kidnapping there!

So now we have a new 'Missing Baby' case AND a 'Unidentified Person (Living)' to investigate. If I was at home on my own computer, I'd start these two threads.

New technology offers some promising clues. The genealogy site ancestry.com has collected a new DNA swab from Paul and offered to match his information to a database of 700,000 genetic markers across the world.

Paul's biological parents might not be included in the database, but a distant cousin could be - and that could lead Paul to finally learning who he was born as and why he was left in a stroller on a street corner.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2V7FMKTFn
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Since the I-Team's stories about the Fronczak's unusual case aired last month, it's been a bit of a whirlwind for Paul. Ideas and suggestions have poured in from the public to the webpage devoted to his mystery. A second, more extensive DNA test was conducted, but the results are not yet complete. And, the case came to the attention of ancestry.com, an online DNA and genealogy site with a massive data base. Experts there agreed to administer a third DNA test.

"It's a beta test that checks for 700,000 markers and I had to fill, it felt like a gallon, but it was avail of DNA spit," Paul said.

Leaders at ancestry.com have told Paul that if he has any blood relatives left alive, they are going to find them.
    http://www.8newsnow.com/story/222757...k-missing-baby

The website for him

Who is Paul Fronczak?
    https://www.facebook.com/WhoIsPaulFronczak?fref=ts
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast