IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Two cases in one. A kidnapped and STILL MISSING infant and one STILL unidentified abandoned toddler!|

Who is Paul Fronczak? Where is the original Paul Fronczak? and Who is the still unidentified "Scott McKinley"?

April 26 1964 is supposed Paul Joseph Fronczak's birthday, but he's just learned that he has no idea when he was actually born, that his parents aren't really his parents, and that he hasn't a clue where he's from or who he is.

A boy was born at Chicago's Michael Reese Hospital, the son of Chester and Dora Fronczak. One day later, a woman dressed as a nurse walked into the mother's hospital room and said the baby needed to be examined by a doctor. Dora handed him over.

A frantic, desperate manhunt was launched by police.

In July 1965, a boy in a stroller was abandoned outside a store in Newark, N.J. Child welfare authorities named him Scott McKinley. FBI agents examined him at the orphanage, looked at his skin, bones, blood and his ears. They mistakenly determine that he is the missing infant Paul Fronczak.

June 1966 - After traveling to Newark, New Jersey, Chester and Dora Fronczak took possession of Scott McKinley, believing him to be their infant stolen from the hospital.

2012 - DNA testing proves that Paul/Scott is not the biological child of the Fronczak's. "I haven't told them," Paul Fronczak said. "I want to do it right. There are no do-over's on this one." *edit to add that he has now told them- see the facebook page to learn how he handled this difficult task.

Article:
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/22080031/i-team-henderson-mans-true-identify-remains-mystery

Timeline with MANY PHOTOS, including the infant, the abandoned unidentified toddler and the Kidnapper:
http://www.8newsnow.com/category/263101/paul-joseph-fronczak

Click here to Help Solve The Case, Share a Tip and Learn More on our Facebook Page - the I-Team 8 news facebook page.

Yes, this is some case!!! It was on Coast 2 Coast last night, I didn't hear it all but went online and read the article.

wow, lot of twists and turns. If this were a Lifetime movie I would say the plot was too far fetched about the time the discovery that he was NOT the original Paul happened.

Truth truly is stranger than fiction sometimes.

Mind boggling! Just WOW!
I hope he can be identified and reunited with his real parents and the real Paul can be found alive.
First thing would be to check to see if there were any missing baby boys from 1964-65, but what if the found boy was really abandoned by his parents and never reported missing?
Imagine how many other cases could be solved by checking someone's DNA?

Maybe they can take DNA from Paul and the Fronczaks and see if there's a match in any databases (criminal or not)? They could possibly find some family members in there. It's been 50+ years; something could've happened in that time that landed a relative or someone in a national database.

There are also groups like 23andMe that'll take your DNA and, besides finding out your ethnic/racial backgrounds and any genetic conditions, will see if you have any family members you don't know about. They're a bit expensive but maybe one would be nice enough to do it for free considering the circumstances?

It might not work, but there has to be SOMEONE. If not the Fronczak baby or Paul's parents themselves, a relative who can point you in the right direction or maybe tell you what happened.

It's worth a try.

I did a fast scan through our Missing in the 60's and found two files on missing boys. William Ebenezer Jones and Jamie Bordenkircher.
Looking at their pictures, it could be either of them, but I'm not very good at this. I was looking at the ears and the lighter colored hair.
I know it's an outside chance, but if someone could put the pictures of the boys and the man side by side, it may help.
Here are the links:

NJ NJ - William Ebenezer Jones, 3, Vineland, 17 Dec 1962 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
CA CA - Jamie Bordenkircher, 2, North Lake Tahoe, 12 June 1965 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I did a fast scan through our Missing in the 60's and found two files on missing boys. William Ebenezer Jones and Jamie Bordenkircher.
Looking at their pictures, it could be either of them, but I'm not very good at this. I was looking at the ears and the lighter colored hair.
I know it's an outside chance, but if someone could put the pictures of the boys and the man side by side, it may help.
Here are the links:

NJ NJ - William Ebenezer Jones, 3, Vineland, 17 Dec 1962 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
CA CA - Jamie Bordenkircher, 2, North Lake Tahoe, 12 June 1965 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WOW! What a story! With regards to the URL:

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/22080031/i-team-henderson-mans-true-identify-remains-mystery.

I got a look at "Paul's" baby picture, and did think of the Billy Jones case. Billy was kidnapped from his yard in December of 1962, while his Mother who was preparing lunch went into a bedroom to check on her other son. The little toddler's sister said the man gave her a plastic flower and had taken Billy. It would be interesting to see where in New Jersey back in 1965 "Paul" was found in relation to where the Jones' lived in 1962. I think the family still lived in the same house in 1965. Also not too good at picture ID's, but I think "Paul" looks more like Billy Jones than Jamie Bordenkircher.

Satch

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05...eals-nevada-man-is-not-who-he-thought-he-was/

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — Imagine not knowing your real name, or who your birth parents are, or even your age. For one man, this is reality.

Paul Fronczak has had two names during his life, neither is his own.

“I don’t know why, but it really started consuming my thoughts, like ‘who am I?’” he told CBS 2 investigative reporter Tamara Leitner.

The mystery began at the since-demolished Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago in 1964. Chester and Dora Fronczak had given birth to a baby boy named Paul Joseph Fronczak.

The rest of the story at link....

I am sure he has put his DNA into family reference sample registries. He is also eligible to have his DNA put into CODIS, I am pretty certain. The FBI was involved in his case, so they should be willing to do it for him.

I am sad for this man. :( I hope that he gets the answers that he needs.

Holy Canoli! I used to work at Michael Reese Hospital back in the day - I had no idea there had ever been a newborn kidnapping there!

So now we have a new 'Missing Baby' case AND a 'Unidentified Person (Living)' to investigate. If I was at home on my own computer, I'd start these two threads.

New technology offers some promising clues. The genealogy site ancestry.com has collected a new DNA swab from Paul and offered to match his information to a database of 700,000 genetic markers across the world.

Paul's biological parents might not be included in the database, but a distant cousin could be - and that could lead Paul to finally learning who he was born as and why he was left in a stroller on a street corner.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-thought-baby-taken-1964.html#ixzz2V7FMKTFn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Since the I-Team's stories about the Fronczak's unusual case aired last month, it's been a bit of a whirlwind for Paul. Ideas and suggestions have poured in from the public to the webpage devoted to his mystery. A second, more extensive DNA test was conducted, but the results are not yet complete. And, the case came to the attention of ancestry.com, an online DNA and genealogy site with a massive data base. Experts there agreed to administer a third DNA test.

"It's a beta test that checks for 700,000 markers and I had to fill, it felt like a gallon, but it was avail of DNA spit," Paul said.

Leaders at ancestry.com have told Paul that if he has any blood relatives left alive, they are going to find them.
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/22275768/i-team-fronczak-missing-baby

The website for him

Who is Paul Fronczak?
https://www.facebook.com/WhoIsPaulFronczak?fref=ts

Not to forget that his adoptive parents now face the renewed anguish over what happened to their real son. Is anything done by FBI on that front as well?

I dislike the use of the word "real." They are not his biological parents, but they raised him. How does it make them not their "real" parents? He was abandoned, presumably by his relatives. How does that make them his "real" parents?

I wonder if there is any good evidence to even re-open that case? Would the Fronczaks have to appeal to the FBI to open their file on the case?

I wonder if there is any good evidence to even re-open that case? Would the Fronczaks have to appeal to the FBI to open their file on the case?

Well, obviously since this man is not their biological child, then their biological child is still missing. So I presume that is all the evidence needed to reopen the case.
There is a good change their biological child is alive, since he was kidnapped as a baby by a female. So, in those type of cases, likely the woman wanted a child to raise.
So the biological child could very well be alive and is out there somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back