1321 users online (267 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

911 hangup call

what is the general opinion of everyone here on the hangup call from the ramsey house just days before the murder? this is an undisputed fact, correct? while it could mean a number of different things, i think that it has the potential to be a very telling clue. the possibilities are endless, but i would think that the police should have gone to great lengths to explore this...

a few possible explanations...
    1-a completely irrelevant accident
    2-problems in the house leading up to xmas
    3-perhaps the events of xmas 96 were planned ahead of time, and the ramseys almost went through with it just days earlier.

these are just some basic, obvious POSSIBLE explanations. not sure what i think (as is often the case!), but i'm not aware of how this was addressed by the police and/or the ramseys...

Or maybe what (reportedly) Fleet White thought is correct? He thought he might have accidentally dialed 911 while trying to get meds or something like that for his mother.

The Ramsey's had multiple phone lines in their home. I heard, but don't know if it's true, that at least 2 of those lines were "business" lines. Where I work you used to have to dial a 9 to get an outside line....we had a lot of accidental 911 calls when we tried to call out to other area codes.

Unless someone comes forward with the truth I don't think we'll ever know what really happened in that house that week....

Aren't the police supposed to check out EVERY single 911 call? Did the police go to the Ramseys' home when this call was made?

Yes, and Susan "the pitbull" Stine answered the door and told the cops there was no problem or something like that.

The police had called back the number and recieved no answer and that's why they went to the house.

FW's Mother Was Partying, They Say

This has been discussed for years, so I can't remember exactly where I read that FW's mother wasn't really hospitalized.

Not accusing him or anyone, but I've always felt JonBenet was calling 911, some time after she'd been molested by someone at the party, was allegedly found by McSanta's wife, crying, said she didn't feel pretty. I really think she was spunky enough to make the call because none of the adults were taking care of her in any way. Evidently she was caught "in time" before her message went through to police by the hastily concocted story about meds for poor old sick mom.

JonBenet told her friend Megan Kostelnik and Megan's mom that Santa promised her an extra visit after Christmas.

I've always been suspicious of that Mrs. McSanta story. It's too abrupt. What did she do - find a child crying because she "Didn't feel pretty" and just keep on walking? Any normal adult would have stopped and talked to the child. Especially a woman. There is something wrong there.

I think it's more likely JonBenet was still mad about having to wear a dress to the party and that was what she was complaining about. Mrs McS heard this and didn't place much importance on it. ST (or was it Schiller?) heard it from Mrs McS and chopped off the explanation for JonBenet's upset so it would sound more ominous.

JonBenet being upset about having to wear a dress....

JonBenet being upset because Patsy wanted her to wear the red turtleneck...
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

Quote Originally Posted by Toltec
    JonBenet being upset about having to wear a dress....

JonBenet being upset because Patsy wanted her to wear the red turtleneck...
    JonBenet being upset because Patsy would not let her walk up into the Christmas Star on Flagstaff Mountain just because JonBenet was wearing velvet shoes.
    "That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." -- Anne Elk

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1
    This has been discussed for years, so I can't remember exactly where I read that FW's mother wasn't really hospitalized.

Not accusing him or anyone, but I've always felt JonBenet was calling 911, some time after she'd been molested by someone at the party, was allegedly found by McSanta's wife, crying, said she didn't feel pretty. I really think she was spunky enough to make the call because none of the adults were taking care of her in any way. Evidently she was caught "in time" before her message went through to police by the hastily concocted story about meds for poor old sick mom.

JonBenet told her friend Megan Kostelnik and Megan's mom that Santa promised her an extra visit after Christmas.
    I think it was JonBenet too who made that hang up call, children dial 911 all the time, I remember my 5 year old niece called 911 because she was angry at her mother about something. JonBenet could have called 911 and then got caught by adult who took the phone from her hung up.
    Aunt Pam: JonBenet why don't you put your shoes on? JonBenet: Because I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1

Why do you feel that way?
    Why do you think her parents wouldn't care?
    Why would a six year old relate "feeling pretty" to unwanted sexual contact?
    I would think they would only relate the word "pretty" to apperance.

Quote Originally Posted by why_nutt
    JonBenet being upset because Patsy would not let her walk up into the Christmas Star on Flagstaff Mountain just because JonBenet was wearing velvet shoes.
    Exactly WhyNutt....seems like JonBenet was becoming her own person and Patsy couldn't or wouldn't let go.

With all the stress of Christmas and two vacations back-to-back plus the pageant led up to Patsy's mind shutting down.

When one is under tremendous stress both physical and psychological then the mind has a sort of release valve that takes over....and the fact that either bedwetting or molestation that occured that night made Patsy snap.
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

I have always found this earlier 911 call curious. Does anyone know
    anything about the circumstances of this earlier 911 call? Could this call
    actually be evidence that something was amiss in this household? I find it
    intresting that this call was made when the same group of friends who the Ramseys saw the night JBR was murdered were present.

mjak

Quote Originally Posted by mjak
    I have always found this earlier 911 call curious. Does anyone know
    anything about the circumstances of this earlier 911 call? Could this call
    actually be evidence that something was amiss in this household? I find it
    intresting that this call was made when the same group of friends who the Ramseys saw the night JBR was murdered were present.

mjak
    Could it be that a certain close friend decided to make a first move on a certain little girl and was threated with a 911 call by a certain close relative who was not about to start that stuff again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zman
    Why would a six year old relate "feeling pretty" to unwanted sexual contact?
    I would think they would only relate the word "pretty" to apperance.
    Unless her molestor constantly made reference to how "pretty" she was...she would definitely associate both then.

Quote Originally Posted by solidarity
    Unless her molestor constantly made reference to how "pretty" she was...she would definitely associate both then.
    That would have made JonBenet want to be considered less pretty, therefore less desirable to the molester. If that was the case, then I doubt she would have been crying about the molester thinking she's less pretty. That's part of the reason children regress in toilet behavior when being molested...soiling themselves comes from feelings of being out of control of self and unconsciously wanting to be less appealing to the abuser.

Wait a minute...did Zman just acknowledge that JonBenet might have been molested? Wow.