NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next witness, another state patrol office (don't know how to the fancy screengrabs!)

States witness, Christopher Baker, NC Highway Patrol
Employed by Durham PD on April 26, 2005

There you go... the dogs where locked up and calm when this officer approached them in the crates, in the garage. I'm pretty sure the dogs were in the crates the whole time.

ETA: So in listing everything that they did from the time they got home from work/running errands until he left for the game, he never mentioned the dogs? No one asked him about the dogs? Had the dogs been locked up all day or did they lock them up when the Church guy came over? I am eerily curious about the dogs.

States witness, Lisa Sealy, neighbor of the Abaroa's
In months prior heard arguments in the neighborhood

Break time until 4:20pm

I think she was a great character witness myself. I hope she holds up on cross. If there is one, that is...

Wow! This trial is moving right along. What did neighbour lady testify about?

She often heard the dogs barking during the day... maybe at deer.

She heard three different times when Raven and Janet were having very loud fights. Lot's of loud cursing (Raven) but couldn't make out any details.

She saw an incident where Raven was driving out of the driveway with Janet holding on to the hood of the car and when she stopped to see if everything was ok, they both looked at here and said, "Yeah, everything is fine."

ETA: IMO she did a good job not letting the defense hang her up on her testimony.

She heard the Abaroa's arguing and once saw Raven driving with Janet hanging on the hood.

States witness, Mona Gauthier, neighbor of the Abaroa's

Quick aside. they seemed to live in a neighborhood with folks considerably older than them. I wonder if Janet ever felt lonely and lacking neighbors her age - young mommas to talk to and stuff.

Signed, the old lady in her building (that's me LOL, my neighbors are mostly undergraduates)

States witness, Leo Farmer, neighbor to the Abaroa's

Quick aside. they seemed to live in a neighborhood with folks considerably older than them. I wonder if Janet ever felt lonely and lacking neighbors her age - young mommas to talk to and stuff.

Signed, the old lady in her building (that's me LOL, my neighbors are mostly undergraduates)

During the time I was in contact with Janet's family, her sisters or her mom did mention Janet being lonely. New neighborhood, new Ward, new baby, etc., plus Raven and her were separated around this time frame and there were all the issues with Raven embezzling from the company they worked for. I'm of the opinion that she probably was quite lonely at times.

ETA: plus she was pretty far away from the rest of her family at the time.

States witness, Vince Bynum, retired
Homicide detective with Durham PD back in 2005

11th witness called by the state for the day

Dangit.... done for the day. See you all at 9:30 am (their time).

Court dismissed for the day, due back tomorrow at 9:30am

TigerBalm, you are doing a great job posting screen shots of the witnesses. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member