917 users online (176 members and 741 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Beautiful Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee
    I just read/listen to the piece from last night and can't wait for the one tonight and tomorrow night.

I just wanted to say a couple of things here, 21 sex offenders--I would suggest that in that they are saying that living in that area alone there is 21 Offenders.

I just did a search of the area I live in, and just in my area there are 31 records. Yes that's right 31 in just one county.

Here is the link to the TBI registry http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/sex_ofend...nder_reg.shtml

I am very thankful that there are now fresh eyes looking at this.

I hate to say this, but it seems that in the State I live in, the only cooperation there is between agencies it seems is if it has to do with drugs/money.

For instance, a murder in a small county next to me, well, the case has been given to the TBI because of ties of the victim and LLE. Or the case of a young girl who returned after disappearing and 5 years later she shows up at someones house and the LLE is taking credit for it, like they have been searching for her all this time. It really doesn't work this way.

I firmly believe, that there are some in LE that truly do care, but due to lack of funds, personnel, and back log of cases, they just put things on hold until they get the next lead. Which is truly sad.

Last edited by KateB; 05-25-2015 at 09:15 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Thanks for the blurb, wfgodot. It is completely disgusting that CB would receive death threats and I hope those folks were found and prosecuted.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Imo, The info being released by WSMV-TV Channel 4, Nashville TN, is very revealing and will tie up some loose ends in our minds once completed.. Wish this info had been aired two years ago when it was fresh in the minds of possible witnesses.. Guess, you can't unring a bell, but hopefully lessons were learned by investigators and ms media, in future abductions..

Imo, the tracking of her cell phone will not only verify the route of travel, but will also indicate any gaps/stopovers by the perp.

Imo, the perp held up/staged in the forest. Imo, this would prolly be in the 5 forks area where her lunch box or where the duct tape with blonde hair was located. It would be plausible that the perp held up at this location due to passing or hearing the sirens of incoming LE/1st responders. He wasn't expecting the abduction to be witnessed or the screams being heard, or the immediate police response, imo..

Please please let this be it. Please let them find her.

That whole video made me bawl.

Welcome to Tennessee for Sheilas 'team'!!! We want to welcome all of you!!
    RIP Megan Sharpton, you can rest now. We'll be your voice.

So....do we think TBI also has done the "ping map trail" research and accessed the RSO's at The World's Largest Coonhunt info, or is this all new to the case? I'm inclined to believe TBI has had it, been there, done that - but has not released the info due to their being rather opaque in their investigative strategies regarding Holly's case. I've not been a notable supporter of TBI efforts but it is hard for me to believe they didn't do due diligence on either of these matters.

Bama ... on the shores of the Crimson Tide
    FYI to all that do not live in the WSMV viewing area and are not able to view the episodes on their televisions ...

WSMV streams their daily broadcast live on their website (www.wsmv.com) and on their mobile apps (which are free at the itunes app store) at 6pm and 10pm CST. When they are not on air you will see a live Doppler radar screen which will change with they go live.

So thankful to see new information. Praying this is something that will help us find Holly.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

I would like, at some point, Channel 4 to comment upon their report - seems to have been taken down on their site but other MSM reference it online still - regarding the purse found recently:
    WSMV-TV in Nashville is reporting that officials say Bobo's driver license, a camera, a promise ring, and a key chain with a big H were inside the purse.
    http://www.wbir.com/news/article/265...of-Bobos-purse

Interesting read, imo...

http://www.wsmv.com/story/16690408/l...ld-case-murder

Local woman fights to solve friend's cold case murder

Snipped & BBM- Read More..

The Brentwood mom, a serial entrepreneur, was going to step out and do something she knew would stun her family.

She was going to become a private investigator.

"I wanted to make sure they got this guy," she said. "The problem was I wasn't a police officer or law enforcement. I had to be a private investigator for them to even look at the case."

So, Wysocki set out to obtain her private eye license and take on a 20-year-old cold case that is 700 miles away. And police don't want to help her.

Wysocki called again, this time as a licensed private investigator, armed with questions such as how well preserved was the DNA from the autopsy and what about old leads or could she meet with old suspects.

"It was closed. They had no intention of opening this case. They were not even going to look at it. So when I called 1 to 500 times, it was clear I wasn't going away," she said.

After hundreds of calls and conversations over a four period, police finally set up a meeting with an investigator.

"I will never forget what he said to me. He said, 'some cases are not meant to be solved and this is one of them. You need to back off.' And I thought at that moment I am not backing off," Wysocki said.

Finally, Dallas police reopened the case, and Wysocki demanded they test the DNA, even offering to pay for it.

Police relented and tested the DNA.

And they found a perfect match in five-time convicted serial rapist Donald Bess.

Sheila Wysocki finally put a face to the murder that haunted her.

"I felt like the room was full of evil. I never experienced something so big and horrible in my life, and I thought that was last person she saw. He was a beast of a man, and it just broke my heart," Wysocki said.

Bess was found guilty of Angie Samote's murder and sentenced to death.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I would like, at some point, Channel 4 to comment upon their report - seems to have been taken down on their site but other MSM reference it online still - regarding the purse found recently:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/265...of-Bobos-purse
    Wait, WHAT?

I thought that was debunked?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Wait, WHAT?

I thought that was debunked?
    In effect it has been as the purse was not identified as Holly's. But WSMV - who are bringing us the three-part look at the case - has, I think, failed to comment on its original report, or where that info came from. Tends to detract from current reports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=jRVu7Z4ew0A

TONIGHT ON CHANNEL 4 NEWS AT 6:00 - HOLLY'S BROTHER - INSIDE THE INVESTIGATION

And here it is:

Holly Bobo's brother tells his side of the story for the first time (wsmv.com)
    ---
    "I slightly raised the blinds and looked out this window and saw Holly," Clint Bobo said. "It appeared to be Holly kneeling down and [Holly's boyfriend] Drew. They looked like they were kneeled down, facing each other in the garage, and they were talking back and forth. Holly sounded very upset and heated. He was doing much of the talking, and she would answer back and things like that. I couldn't make out hardly any of the words. The only words I could make out from here were Holly saying, 'No, why?'"

Clint Bobo said he figured Holly and her boyfriend Drew were breaking up.

At this time, Karen Bobo called home after she heard from a neighbor that there was a scream.

It's important to note that Clint Bobo didn't hear that scream, and Karen Bobo didn't tell her son there was a scream.

They were not on the same page.

"I said, 'Clint, that's not Drew. Get a gun and shoot him.' And I remember him saying, 'You want me to shoot Drew?' So I hung the phone up again, and I think at that point I fell on the floor," Karen Bobo said.
    ---
    the rest and the video, at the link

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast