AZ AZ - Jason Saul, 17, Bullhead City, 15 Aug 1997

Fuuro

spicy user
Reaction score
So, I was on Charley Project one day and I stumbled across the profile of Jason William Noble Saul, a 17-year old teenager, missing in Arizona. His case was one of those "Few details are available" cases with the classification of Endangered Missing. I did a lot of digging around, and I found a newspaper article on the case. Apparently, Jason and a friend were in the desert looking for crystals when they became stranded in the middle of nowhere, and they both began to head towards the city on foot, which took them several hours (they started walking Thurs. at night, the friend made it to a hospital the next morning). Approx. 5 hours before the friend made it to the hospital, the two separated and Jason was never seen again. I have no idea why, but Jason is listed as leaving voluntarily (Endangered Runaway) on the Doe Network. Maybe they know more than I do? The only picture of Jason online is of when he was ten years old, and there is an AP of him to age 30, although he would be 33 today. Looking up his name on Google (Jason William Saul in quotes) brought me to a page (it was a pipl.com profile with an article attached with a link, but that link is broken) that claims a 17-year-old named Jason William Saul was murdered by a group of people, but there are no reputable news sources that say anything about that.

I searched UID cases on DN, but I didn't find anything promising at all.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...gZQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=OlYDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3905,1091805
http://doenetwork.org/cases/4348dmaz.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/saul_jason.html

I think it's really strange that there's not a recent picture of Jason back in 1997. Wasn't he in touch with his parents? Anybody else could have taken a picture of him as a teenager as well, I guess.

I know, he has got to have a yearboook photo or something somewhere. I have no idea if the outdated photograph is the only picture of the kid that LE has on file, which is kind of disturbing, considering how difficult it is to find people alive/ and (hopefully not) identify bodies as it is.

MOO

http://doenetwork.org/cases/833umaz.html
The Doe Network:
Case File 833UMAZ

Unidentified White, Asian or Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered in May 2005 in the vicinity of Stoneman Lake, Coconino County, Arizona
Estimated Date of Death: One to five years before discovery
State of Remains: Skeletal
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-28 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-5'4".
Dentals: Available
DNA: Not available
Case History
The skeletal remains were located in the vicinity of Stoneman Lake, in Coconino County, Arizona in May 2005.

The height matches up and the victim was found about 3-4 hrs. from where Jason went missing, but the age and estimated postmortem interval don't quite match up.

Have you submitted it to LE, Fuuro?

I'm wondering why there's nothing from his family, any news articles (besides that one Fuuro found) etc. online. It almost seems like nobody is missing Jason. There's not even a recent picture from when he went missing...I feel so sorry for that guy.

Have you submitted it to LE, Fuuro?

I'm wondering why there's nothing from his family, any news articles (besides that one Fuuro found) etc. online. It almost seems like nobody is missing Jason. There's not even a recent picture from when he went missing...I feel so sorry for that guy.

Sorry for the bizarrely late reply, life has been moving quicker than I can deal with lately and unfortunately, my 'net priorities have to take a backseat to real life ones... :jail:

And to answer your question, I haven't, because it seems as if Jason has no dental records or DNA available (which is really, really odd).
I'm starting to think that what we know is not the original case file, and there is literally no reliable information about this case that hasn't been linked in this thread. I have searched through page after page of Google and there is nothing coming up except for that person who thinks that Jason was murdered by someone named "Arron Welsh", and that story is just a small paragraph at the bottom of a pipl.com profile with a (unfortunately broken and inaccessible) link attached to it that goes into detail about the case. I've also been looking at obituaries, and I found one that lists someone named Jason Saul having survived his grandfather, who lived in Chandler, AZ. (couldn't recall where the link was)

To build on what I said earlier about the original case file somehow being lost, Jason is listed as an Endangered Runaway on DoeNet. That may not mean much, but I remember that Ima Jean Sanders was listed as an Endangered Runaway for reasons that weren't explained, and it actually turned out that she had a history of running away from home, although she was found deceased. I really don't think a person who was last seen in a dangerous area and is presumed to have gotten lost would have been listed as a runaway just because they had a history of running away. Maybe he called home or something or knew the desert really, really well and managed to get out. There has to be some irrefutable proof that Jason got out of the desert somehow if he's being listed as a runaway when it's otherwise obvious that he got lost in the desert.

:moo:

CProject Profile Updated:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/saul_jason.html
Jason William Noble Saul​

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 15, 1997 from Bullhead City, Arizona
Classification: Lost/Injured Missing
Date of Birth: April 22, 1980
Height and Weight: 5'4, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Jason has a tattoo of a cross on the web of his hand and a tattoo of his nickname "Lazy J" on his abdomen. His nicknames are Lazy J, J and 8 Ball.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black muscle shirt or tank top, blue shorts and tire-tread sandals.

Details of Disappearance

Jason and a seventeen-year-old friend, Kenford J. Farley, went out looking for crystals in the desert near Bullhead City, Arizona on August 14, 1997. Their orange 1977 Dodge van got stuck on a remote dirt road. The boys started walking towards town that evening, but split up after about a mile. Jason was last seen at 5:00 a.m. on August 15. Kenford walked into a hospital in Bullheard City at 9:00 a.m., but Jason apparently never made it and an extensive search of the area turned up no sign of him. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Mohave County Sheriff's Office
928-753-0753

Source Information
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
NamUs
The Havasu News-Herald

The classification has been changed to Lost/Injured Missing on Charley, but we still don't know why other websites like NAMUS and DoeNetwork list him as a runaway...

The fact there's only that one picture of him, from 7 years before his disappearance...Makes me sad every time I think of this case. Like nobody cares enough to submit a more recent photo and that teenage boy's remains were somewhere in the desert and are probably long gone. Lost boy.

The fact there's only that one picture of him, from 7 years before his disappearance...Makes me sad every time I think of this case. Like nobody cares enough to submit a more recent photo and that teenage boy's remains were somewhere in the desert and are probably long gone. Lost boy.

It's awful, and I feel the same way whenever I think about this case. There's so many odd circumstances in this case (the runaway thing, and the dangerously outdated pictures), but we know so little about the victim and the circumstances of the disappearance themselves. The sad thing is, there's a lot of other cases just like this one that either randomly assume the person ran away (Taranika Nichelle Raymond and Abdul'Nur Wilson) or they use an outdated photograph (Sherry Young, who couldn't be older than 5 in her photos and apparently disappeared from a bar despite being much younger than 21). There has to be something that we don't know about that justifies the fact that he is still listed as a runaway and why he has no recent photos available. I think we just got a very small part of a confusing story. Personally, I remember when I was younger, I went years without taking pictures for no reason other than I simply didn't like taking them. Maybe Jason felt the same way? Maybe there was a house fire or the pictures were lost during a move? Or he wasn't allowed to take them for some reason. The only reason I would list Jason as a runaway if I was LE is if he himself said that he was okay and wasn't coming back for whatever reason. I cannot, for the life of me, find any other reason to assume that a child who got stranded in a desert in incredibly hot August temperatures is perfectly fine and is hiding from and managed to evade police for almost 16 years. On another note, I have not been able to find any official news articles other than the one I put in the first post. I haven't found any threads in message boards/websites/anything from family members concerned for Jason's safety. It seems unrealistic, but maybe he has sent them birthday/holiday cards from an unknown location to tell them that he's okay or he's called once in a while.

If anyone knew Jason Saul when he was still around, please speak up!
We need more info to go on! :please:

7 days from now will make 16 years since Jason Saul was last seen. He would be 33-years-old today. If you know anything about him that is worth noting, post about it here, and if you might know where he is (dead or alive), please, call LE to let him rest in peace.

It has officially been 16 years since Jason Saul has been seen by anybody. There are still a lot of questions to be answered, and if you know anything, please post here or call LE. If anyone has an updated picture of Jason from 1997 or close, please post it here. And Jason, if you're reading this somehow, call LE and your family and tell them you're okay.

Let's cross our fingers that there will be an article released on his disappearance 16 years ago today. It's so sad how Jason has virtually no information available and the case leaves so many questions unanswered. Here's hoping for a resolution soon.

Thinking of Jason.

Jason_William_Noble_Saul_20130508105902_640_480.JPG

And to answer your question, I haven't, because it seems as if Jason has no dental records or DNA available (which is really, really odd).

I just checked and his DNA status is "Sample submitted- Tests complete".
No fingerprints and dentals available though.

Something I've thought about, his nicknames were Lazy J and 8 Ball. He even had "Lazy J" tattooed on his abdomen. Wondering if he could have been affiliated with any gangs. So the possibility he somehow made it out of the desert and got killed by a group of people (rivals?) (see Fuuro's first post on the top) might be a long shot but possible...

I just checked and his DNA status is "Sample submitted- Tests complete".
No fingerprints and dentals available though.

Something I've thought about, his nicknames were Lazy J and 8 Ball. He even had "Lazy J" tattooed on his abdomen. Wondering if he could have been affiliated with any gangs. So the possibility he somehow made it out of the desert and got killed by a group of people (rivals?) (see Fuuro's first post on the top) might be a long shot but possible...

8 ball can actually be used in gang-related context. An 8 ball is someone who claims Crip and Folk gangs, iirc (I really don't know much about gangs). 8 ball is also slang for 1/8 ounce of cocaine.

Also, the mysterious pipl.com article seemed to word the "murder" in a way that seems that it was gang related (they said that a man named Arron Welsh was the ringleader). The article also says that the case is an unsolved murder, not a missing persons case. It's possible that they were talking about someone completely different, since "Jason" is a common first name, "William" is a common middle name, and "Saul" isn't that rare of a last name.

It's worth noting, however, that Bullhead City has a crime rate about half of the national average (this was in 2011). Strangely, some years, it's slightly above. I'm not good with numbers (and common sense, for that matter) at all, so help me out here if I'm missing something.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Bullhead-City-Arizona.html

I wonder where his parents are (they probably are, since they would have to been born around the 40s-60s)? I have the strangest feeling that if Kenford Farley never went to the hospital, Jason would've never been reported missing. It almost seems as if he was unknown to virtually everyone. :(

The idea that he was gang related does explain a lot. Maybe he was living on the streets? That would explain the lack of dentals and the outdated pictures. If he WAS, in fact, in a gang and foul play was involved, it wouldn't be out of the usual for both sides to stay extremely quiet over it. As for being a "runaway", maybe he ran away from his original home, was living on the streets, and was discovered to be alive when he was reported missing again, although that seems like something that would probably be noted already. Maybe, within the period of time between when he left home and was reported missing, his parents far away and they could possibly not even know that he's missing.

Let's hope for a resolve soon. In a bit over a year, Jason would be missing for longer than he was around in the first place. Far too long for parents to not know where their child is.

8 ball can actually be used in gang-related context. An 8 ball is someone who claims Crip and Folk gangs, iirc (I really don't know much about gangs). 8 ball is also slang for 1/8 ounce of cocaine.

Also, the mysterious pipl.com article seemed to word the "murder" in a way that seems that it was gang related (they said that a man named Arron Welsh was the ringleader). The article also says that the case is an unsolved murder, not a missing persons case. It's possible that they were talking about someone completely different, since "Jason" is a common first name, "William" is a common middle name, and "Saul" isn't that rare of a last name.

It's worth noting, however, that Bullhead City has a crime rate about half of the national average (this was in 2011). Strangely, some years, it's slightly above. I'm not good with numbers (and common sense, for that matter) at all, so help me out here if I'm missing something.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Bullhead-City-Arizona.html

I wonder where his parents are (they probably are, since they would have to been born around the 40s-60s)? I have the strangest feeling that if Kenford Farley never went to the hospital, Jason would've never been reported missing. It almost seems as if he was unknown to virtually everyone. :(

The idea that he was gang related does explain a lot. Maybe he was living on the streets? That would explain the lack of dentals and the outdated pictures. If he WAS, in fact, in a gang and foul play was involved, it wouldn't be out of the usual for both sides to stay extremely quiet over it. As for being a "runaway", maybe he ran away from his original home, was living on the streets, and was discovered to be alive when he was reported missing again, although that seems like something that would probably be noted already. Maybe, within the period of time between when he left home and was reported missing, his parents far away and they could possibly not even know that he's missing.

Let's hope for a resolve soon. In a bit over a year, Jason would be missing for longer than he was around in the first place. Far too long for parents to not know where their child is.

Based on his nicknames it definitely sounds gang-related. I wonder how the guy who was in the desert with Jason died... Since he died at 21 I'd bet it was related to gang violence, drugs or perhaps both

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back