NH - Game investigated after man loses life savings at carnival Tubs of Fun ball-toss

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Man loses life savings on carnival game (yahoo.com)
A New Hampshire man who thought he had a decent ball toss says he lost his life savings playing a carnival game he claims was rigged.

Henry Gribbohm told WBZ-TV that he was attempting to win an Xbox Kinect at the Manchester carnival when things went awry.

The 30-year-old from Epsom, N.H., was playing a game called Tubs of Fun in which contestants toss balls into a tub, but the balls kept popping out.

“It’s not possible that it wasn’t rigged,” Gribbohm said. “You just get caught up in the whole ‘I’ve got to win my money back.’”
---
Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.
---
more, with a video, at the link above

All carnival games are probably rigged but who in their right mind would spend $2,600 on it! I personally don't think he would ever win a lawsuit if he filed one.

All carnival games are probably rigged but who in their right mind would spend $2,600 on it! I personally don't think he would ever win a lawsuit if he filed one.

He will if he can prove they were cheating.

A fool and his money.......

Gribbohm lost $300, WBZ-TV reports, "went home to get $2,300 more and soon lost all of that as well."

Fools and their money are soon parted.

I'm sorry but I think if that's how he chose to use his life savings the carnival probably does better things with that money.

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect Nike+ Bundle: Video Games

Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect Nike+ Bundle
by Microsoft

List Price: $299.99
Price: $299.00 & FREE Shipping.

Probably too late for me to file suit on that carny "claw" game where the mechanical arm reels out and one drops the "claw" on a small object of interest - viz., a gleaming silver wrist watch worth probably two dollars (BIG MONEY IN 1966!) - but never can quite grasp said small object, even after repeated machinations and cursing.

I did win a stuffed giraffe once, albeit sans dreadlocks, shooting hoops on a crooked rim. Perhaps I looked especially litigious and they just gave me the thing to send me on my way.

Probably too late for me to file suit on that carny "claw" game where the mechanical arm reels out and one drops the "claw" on a small object of interest - viz., a gleaming silver wrist watch worth probably two dollars (BIG MONEY IN 1966!) - but never can quite grasp said small object, even after repeated machinations and cursing.

I did win a stuffed giraffe once, albeit sans dreadlocks, shooting hoops on a crooked rim. Perhaps I looked especially litigious and they just gave me the thing to send me on my way.

That just made me laugh :)

As much as this guy is quite the fool. I find it horrible that they can get away with rigging games. That's why we do not play any games at fairs. The balls you pay for cost more the the prizes hanging above. If they really wanted to be fair, have a age limit and fix the games. I don't know anyone in their right mine that would go home and get more money to try and win your money back :/ Guy almost looks like a guy I saw in Market Basket today, he was blowing smoke about it being Tuesday, I felt bad for his wife for what ever he was fuming about.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

I'm sorry but I think if that's how he chose to use his life savings the carnival probably does better things with that money.

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect Nike+ Bundle: Video Games

Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect Nike+ Bundle
by Microsoft

List Price: $299.99
Price: $299.00 & FREE Shipping.

Exactly. I rather just buy the Xbox than try to win it. If you buy it, you are guaranteed to get save that there is some problems with shipping if you order it.

The quote all he got was a "Banana with dreadlocks" had me rolling.

To me, he kinda lost all credibility when the news showed him toting this HUGE stuffed banana with dreadlocks all over town. Dude, drop the Rastafarian banana, although I do admit it is an eyecatching sidekick.

I'm sure that was it.

Apparently not all the balls popped out, otherwise how did he win the banana?

Comedy website offering to replace life savings of father who spent everything on a 'rigged' carnival game and only won a giant dread-locked banana

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nival-game-won-giant-dread-locked-banana.html

'For every Facebook 'Like' this post gets, we'll put 10 cents toward the cost of Henry's stuffed banana, and if we get to 26,000 Likes, we'll offer to buy Henry's banana for $2,600. If this post gets over 30,000 Likes, we'll offer to buy Henry's banana AND pay for the Xbox Kinect that he was originally trying to win,' the site wrote to Facebook."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back