1432 users online (279 members and 1153 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    JustK: I hear you about the instant gratification.

I guess I am just getting totally disgusted by continuing to hear a murderer referred to as "a kid". Nineteen and twenty-six are not "kids". Again this afternoon on CNN some "guest commentatator" referred to the two bombers as "these kids".

To me, this is a disservice to the victims of these two killers. And yes, I did contact CNN to express my opinion on this issue.

I believe we are going to end up finding out that Older Bomber was up to his eyebrows with militant radicals when he was over there in Dagestan and that Mama was urging him on.

Younger brother? A laid back pothead who thought it "might be kinda cool" tp mosey on down to the Boston Marathon with his radicalized nut-case older brother and place a couple of pressure cooker bombs? Well he didn't seem to be too laid back when he was throwing home-made grenades at the police or when he was running over his brother at 60-80 miles per hour, did he?

We are lucky, lucky, lucky these two were caught when they were.

The American wife who married Older Bomber after he had already slapped her around and was calling her a "prostitute" and a "slut", according to her friends? I will not be surprised at all if it turns out that she saw things -like 6 new pressure cookers sitting in that grimy apartment. And hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks.

Wife is working 70-80 hours a week while hubby sits home? But there is money for foreign trips for hubby and expensive shoes for her? Give me a break.

I HOPE the FBI leans on her!
    19 is a "kid" to me. I don't really care what others were doing at that age, and I'm not sure why it matters. This was a kid who killed - why is saying that he was young a "disservice" to the victims? He actually was young, it's just a fact. So was Adam Lanza. Some people want to have the very human response of feeling that it was tragic for someone so young to be filled with so much evil. Just because other people on the planet were married, in the military, or the parent of a 5 year old when they turned 19 doesn't make this young college kid murdering others any less of a tragedy to some people.

Well, I didn't have any kids before I was 28

The point is that many 19 -25 year olds, today, are either coddled, expect immediate gratification, or are not held accountable for their personal choices. I have a 26 year old who worked part-time, while graduating in four years with a degree in Social Work. My child was employed full-time at age 22, is 100% self-supported and that includes two pets.

We are just suggesting that it is time for more young adults to take more responsibility for themselves. At that age, with that much energy, there was no reason in the world that these two takers couldn't have jobs and go to school, too. It isn't that difficult. For, myself, at one point I had two part-time jobs and a full course load. What is so different now than from the year TT was born. (1986)

What the heck changed in the last 26 years?
    Last edited by Just K; 04-30-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

Older Bomber:

Came to US when 16 - 2003.

Graduated from high school at age 21 according to articles. - 2008
    (5 year time period. Working? Welfare? A hulking 21 year old who does not work?)

Community college but dropped out for boxing.

Won Regional Boxing Championship - 2009 (Working? Welfare? Domestic violence incident with girlfriend prior to wife. Uncle Ruslan last saw him and was concerned with his extreme Islamist views.)

Won Regional Boxing Championship - 2010 (Working? Welfare? Was not allowed to participate in country-wide championship matches due to no citizenship. And what delayed citizenship? Slapped wife-to-be, she married him anyways in June 2010.)

Daughter born - Late 2010- early 2011 (Working? Welfare)

Received welfare benefits - Sept 2011 through November 2012 (Per records released. Welfare benefits stopped due to increase in family income per records. The six months in Dagestan fell into this time period. Daughter would have still been very small - who leaves wife and very small child to go "visit with relatives and sit around and read books all day" as his father states?)

6 month visit to Dagestan - Feb - July 2012? Father already lived there. (Traveling on passport from Kyrgzystan per reports. Intention to obtain Russian passport but returned to USA prior to obtaining it due to imminent expiration of Kyrgyzstan passport. Had no valid passport at time of death.) Visited mosque on Friday nights with father, per father. Now turns out this was known militant mosque of several available.

June 2012 - Mother arrested for shoplifting/destruction of merchandise of $1600 worth of dresses and lingerie from Lord & Taylor. (Currently has outstanding warrant on these charges, which she states in TV interview is "not a problem". She also states that purchasing airline tickets for her and divorced husband to return to US is "not a problem".)

July 2012 - Older Bomber returns to USA, mother leaves USA for Dagestan (Is mother a US citizen? Relatives say she was "always going back to the US to visit her children". What kind of passport was she using?)

Other facts: Father claims Older Bomber spent his time during 6 month visit assisting him with "remodeling my apartment". Interview with neighbors in Dagestan say the work was to turn the first floor of the building into "a perfume shop" and that the father is known locally as "the perfume man". So father has the money to own a building to be remodeled into a shop AND he has the money to have a business AND he has the money for it not to be a problem to purchase two tickets from Dagestan to the US on short notice. And imagine, in the US he was supposedly working for $10/hour repairing cars.

Plus the father had "brain cancer" and has apparently survived it. Wonder what wonderful treatment he received in Dagestan for that "brain cancer"?

Is anything here starting to stink to high heavens to anyone but me?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Older Bomber:

Came to US when 16 - 2003.

Graduated from high school at age 21 according to articles. - 2008
    (5 year time period. Working? Welfare? A hulking 21 year old who does not work?)

Community college but dropped out for boxing.

Won Regional Boxing Championship - 2009 (Working? Welfare? Domestic violence incident with girlfriend prior to wife. Uncle Ruslan last saw him and was concerned with his extreme Islamist views.)

Won Regional Boxing Championship - 2010 (Working? Welfare? Was not allowed to participate in country-wide championship matches due to no citizenship. And what delayed citizenship? Slapped wife-to-be, she married him anyways in June 2010.)

Daughter born - Late 2010- early 2011 (Working? Welfare)

Received welfare benefits - Sept 2011 through November 2012 (Per records released. Welfare benefits stopped due to increase in family income per records. The six months in Dagestan fell into this time period. Daughter would have still been very small - who leaves wife and very small child to go "visit with relatives and sit around and read books all day" as his father states?)

6 month visit to Dagestan - Feb - July 2012? Father already lived there. (Traveling on passport from Kyrgzystan per reports. Intention to obtain Russian passport but returned to USA prior to obtaining it due to imminent expiration of Kyrgyzstan passport. Had no valid passport at time of death.) Visited mosque on Friday nights with father, per father. Now turns out this was known militant mosque of several available.

June 2012 - Mother arrested for shoplifting/destruction of merchandise of $1600 worth of dresses and lingerie from Lord & Taylor. (Currently has outstanding warrant on these charges, which she states in TV interview is "not a problem". She also states that purchasing airline tickets for her and divorced husband to return to US is "not a problem".)

July 2012 - Older Bomber returns to USA, mother leaves USA for Dagestan (Is mother a US citizen? Relatives say she was "always going back to the US to visit her children". What kind of passport was she using?)

Other facts: Father claims Older Bomber spent his time during 6 month visit assisting him with "remodeling my apartment". Interview with neighbors in Dagestan say the work was to turn the first floor of the building into "a perfume shop" and that the father is known locally as "the perfume man". So father has the money to own a building to be remodeled into a shop AND he has the money to have a business AND he has the money for it not to be a problem to purchase two tickets from Dagestan to the US on short notice. And imagine, in the US he was supposedly working for $10/hour repairing cars.

Plus the father had "brain cancer" and has apparently survived it. Wonder what wonderful treatment he received in Dagestan for that "brain cancer"?

Is anything here starting to stink to high heavens to anyone but me?
    OOPS, you left out the fact that the parents bought an apartment for the sole purpose of having a place for the children to stay when they visit. Wonder why the two lawyers aren't practicing law? Or are they? Or is either really a lawyer?

Can somebody give me a quick update? Any word from KRT's lawyers since the DNA testing yesterday/

Quote Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion View Post
    I did it for the first time in this thread, b/c I've quoted the post about the pressure cookers a couple times, now, and b/c it contains multiple quotes with links and responses, it's easier for me to post and repost that way. (When you click 'quote' it only quotes what YOU posted, not the question.) Not sure if/why others might do it.
    You can link any post from here even a closed thread by opening the number to the post (righthand top corner) in another window, copy the address then paste..looks like this: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody
    hope it helps!
    Last edited by KateB; 06-21-2015 at 01:42 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Thanks, Miziree!

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Well, I didn't have any kids before I was 28

The point is that many 19 -25 year olds, today, are either coddled, expect immediate gratification, or are not held accountable for their personal choices. I have a 26 year old who worked part-time, while graduating in four years with a degree in Social Work. My child was employed full-time at age 22, is 100% self-supported and that includes two pets.

We are just suggesting that it is time for more young adults to take more responsibility for themselves. At that age, with that much energy, there was no reason in the world that these two takers couldn't have jobs and go to school, too. It isn't that difficult. For, myself, at one point I had two part-time jobs and a full course load. What is so different now than from the year TT was born. (1986)

What the heck changed in the last 26 years?

While there may be coddled kids and takers in this day and age, I'm guessing there have been in every day and age. Only the economy was better 26 years ago, so the 'taking' maybe wasn't so necessary or obvious, perhaps. JMO, but I think it'd be wrong to characterize a whole generation of kids based on these two twerps.

Our own kids are 1) in college, or 2) gainfully employed and self-supporting since age 21. No financial coddling, though lotsa love. I worked several part time jobs in high school and all throughout college, and so did my spouse. It seems 'normal' to our kids to work, and they're also very frugal. Comes with watching their parents prefer sweat equity and thrift stores to throwing away wads of money at every turn. (This despite a growing income level over the years; it just makes sense.)
    Last edited by PoirotryInMotion; 04-30-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    ~ Fly with the wind. ~

OOPS, you left out the fact that the parents bought an apartment for the sole purpose of having a place for the children to stay when they visit. Wonder why the two lawyers aren't practicing law? Or are they? Or is either really a lawyer?
    Nope, rented, section 8, not bought.

As for them being lawyers. They certain;y are not in this country. He was a mechanic, she was a cosmetologist. In their country he, at one time worked for the prosecutors office, I believe, but was fired, something aboit being Chechnyan according to them. Recently, what has he been doing? Renovating their ground flore apt as a storefront for a perfume store. Gosh, i hope you don't need links for all that, LOL

ABC News: TT was in contact electronically with the Canadian, William Plotnikov...the other Russian (Canadian immigrant) boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post
    Nope, rented, section 8, not bought.

As for them being lawyers. They certain;y are not in this country. He was a mechanic, she was a cosmetologist. In their country he, at one time worked for the prosecutors office, I believe, but was fired, something aboit being Chechnyan according to them. Recently, what has he been doing? Renovating their ground flore apt as a storefront for a perfume store. Gosh, i hope you don't need links for all that, LOL
    No, in Daghestan...mother or father said they bought an apartment there (Daghestan) for when the boys visit their homeland.

No word I've heard yet on the DNA testing, Capri.

Here's one newish thing:

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 6h

Sources: Feds eye taking death penalty off table for Boston bomb suspect in exchange for attack details. http://on.cnn.com/14P5ylW
    ~ Fly with the wind. ~

No, in Daghestan...mother or father said they bought an apartment there (Daghestan) for when the boys visit their homeland.
    Ah, hadn't heard that. Did TT stay in the apt. while he was in Dag.?

Article re TT and KRT's marriage:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...vert-wife.html

The marriage certificate shows KRT had lived at a separate addy in Boston. I wonder why ZT's maiden name was provided as the mother's surname.

Really detailed article about TT's trip to Russia, his sudden departure, and his association with Plotnikov.

Russia had Elder Boston Suspect Under Surveillance http://shar.es/l2hBh via @sharethis #boston #suspect #bombing
    ~ Fly with the wind. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post
    Ah, hadn't heard that. Did TT stay in the apt. while he was in Dag.?
    I have a notation wrt AT and ZT having bought an apartment in Makhachkala, Dagestan. I don't have a date, but at the time the note was made, whatever my source was caused me to insert that detail into the timeline more around the years when AT and ZT got married. Could be when interviewed, the parents meant that they owned an apartment there for whenever family went to visit, not necessarily that it was a recent acquisition.

I don't know what i'll do about posting a timeline ... it's about 6 pages long, LOL. Will wait a bit and see if I/we can figure something out. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast