MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusPawprint

Moderately-known member
Reaction score
Suspect sketch

attachment.php

http://fox17online.com/2013/04/27/norton-shores-police-looking-for-missing-woman/#axzz2Rh8KOqEk
jessica-heeringa.jpg

"NORTON SHORES, Mich- The Norton Shores Police Department is investigating a missing person which occurred in late evening hours of April 26, 2013 at the Exxon Mobil gas station located at 1196 E. Sternberg Rd. Around 11:15 p.m. Norton Shores Police officers were dispatched to the gas station on a suspicious activity report. Customers called 911 after entering the store to find no employees present. The employee scheduled to be working, Jessica Heeringa, was not able to be located.
Contact has been made with friends and family of 25 year old Jessica Heeringa but as of April 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm Jessica has not been located.
Jessica is described as a white female, 25 years old, 5’1 tall, approximately 110 lbs., blond shoulder length hair, and blue eyes. Jessica is also known to wear wired rim glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt saying “Sternberg Exxon”.
Anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity near the Exxon Mobil gas station is asked to contact Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463) or call 911."

936415_576999048987100_65449273_n.png

Thread #1

A few reminders...

We do not have any POI's or Suspects named in this case. We will not discuss anyone in this manner until or unless LE does name a POI or suspect.

We are a victim friendly site, the family (including the boyfriend) are victims. No bashing, sleuthing or talking about them in a suspicious manner.

Rumors are not allowed. If you are stating something as fact, link to it. You can discuss what is known in main stream media and from law enforcement.

You can speculate with what is known at this time only, no wild rumors or speculation.

Posting or discussing comments from FB or news pages are not allowed.You can suggest checking out the comments section or FB, but it is considered rumor and not discussible here.

Ima

Wow -- read this:

The wavy hair, square chin and distinctive way the man parts his hair, just may be enough detail in a police sketch to help nab the alleged Jessica Heeringa abductor.

Authorities sure hope so.

The sketch, released by the Norton Shores Police Department today, April 30, was developed after witnesses met with a second artist through the Michigan State Police, said Norton Shores Police Department Chief Dan Shaw.

"I feel very confident about the sketch," he said. "On a scale of one to 10 it's a 10."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/is_this_jessica_heeringas_abdu.html

This is from page 2 of this thread.

That is post #39, for those keeping track, and it references the FB of Jessica's sister where the co-worker says she turned around.

In post #99, it got garbled. One person quoted description of the van and iluvmua asked if was same "one" as drove to Meijer and returned. The "one" she meant was co-worker/witness, but the reply thought the "one" she meant was the van.....and so on and so on...super confusing...

Otto, I see in researching you've been here the whole time too---so much information flying around initially, right?!?! :)

I'm bringing my other post on garbled info over as it may help prevent future confusion:

The Cheese first noted that someone (later identified in MSM as co-worker) saw something in Post #114 with a link to MSM. The link still works and you can see it in the transcript if not watching the video.

Also, the post Otto used for the map with the Meijer was clarified and corrected by others several posts later, that it was the co-worker. I'll put those post numbers up as soon as I find them so people can have the actual references rather than what has come down the "telephone line" a thousand posts later.

Been watching this from the start......

ETA: To be clear, The Cheese first noted the MSM link that there was a witness. The Meijer rumor has nothing to do with anything The Cheese has posted and the Cheese didn't post it! Nor did Otto--it was already out there when Otto added to map. See my post on the FB post of co-worker below for the source of the Meijer information.

Norton Shores Police release sketch of man said to be 'person of interest' in Jessica Heeringa's disappearance

Author: Joanne Marie Hoopes

Published On: Apr 30 2013 04:04:20 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 30 2013 04:34:41 PM EDT

NORTON SHORES, Mich. -
Tuesday Norton Shores police released a sketch of a man they are searching for in connection to Jessica Heeringa's disappearance.

Police say the man in the sketch is a person of interest...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ase/-/1719418/19956920/-/15ltp5t/-/index.html

This article has some interesting tidbits.

4:43 PM, April 30, 2013

“This witness did not see a struggle,” Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said today. “She did not see somebody getting placed in the back of the van.”

“Our job is to find (Heeringa),” Shaw said. “Then we’ll solve the crime.”

Police also are analyzing spots found on the concrete outside the gas station that may be blood, Shaw said.

“If it is blood, then we’re going to have to test it for DNA,” he said.

bbm - kind of an odd statement.

http://www.freep.com/article/201304...-vanished-during-her-shift-late-Friday-night-

Police have noted that the time stamp in the surveillance video is incorrect. My question is how much is it off by? Knowing the exact time that the van passed the tavern is very important in limiting the time frame between the last transaction and when Ms. Heeringa was abducted, assuming that the van was involved.

And finally (sorry to blow up the new thread with these) the co-worker's FB is quoted in post #147.

I'm bringing my other post on garbled info over as it may help prevent future confusion:

The Cheese first noted that someone (later identified in MSM as co-worker) saw something in Post #114 with a link to MSM. The link still works and you can see it in the transcript if not watching the video.

Also, the post Otto used for the map with the Meijer was clarified and corrected by others several posts later, that it was the co-worker. I'll put those post numbers up as soon as I find them so people can have the actual references rather than what has come down the "telephone line" a thousand posts later.

Been watching this from the start......

It's the GMA feature on the Jessica Heeringa case:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/michigan-mother-vanishes-late-night-shift-gas-station-19060413

Thanks for posting this - I hadn't read the article.

Wow! LE certainly must have a lot of information that hasn't been reported in the media. Let's hope that the sketch will lead to some reliable tips so that Jessica can be found very soon. :please:

The article referenced quotes the police chief stating that the witness did not witness a struggle or witness anyone being placed in the back of the van. More confirmation that nobody witnessed a struggle or the suspect placing her in the van.

Here's what I posted in my post #114

From the transcript underneath the video

15 minutes that store would have been closed and she would have been on her way home. Reporter: Her last sell was at 11:00 p. M.

By 11:15 police received a call from the customer stating there was no employee at the gas station. They have distributed photos and flyers of the jessica. Among those leads, similar reports of a gray van that pulled up behind the gas station.

Someone supposedly had seen her walk out of the store with this guy, like there was no problem, but realized when they got to his van that there was a struggle that started. Hopefully, someone has seen her and can give us some leads so we can bring her home. Jessica's son is being cared for by thehis father.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ACTIVE SEARCH MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013

I wanted to post this again (from yesterday - 7:50 PM, Apr 29, 2013). I know there are other articles that say "a number of friends, family and people Jessica knows" have been ruled out... but this is the most detailed "list" I've seen.

Police have interviewed and cleared four people of interest, including the woman's fiance, another man she knew, a regular customer of hers and one other person, according to a source familiar with the police investigation. They underwent polygraph tests, and their alibis were checked out, the source said.

Anyone read about specific individuals being officially ruled out/cleared?

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/regional/254799/5/Police-Jessica-Heeringa-likely-knew-abductor

:waitasec: One report mentions a struggle while another does not.

Wonder how they are sure the sketch is a 10 of 10? Makes me think they may know who it is and are fishing...

Police have noted that the time stamp in the surveillance video is incorrect. My question is how much is it off by? Knowing the exact time that the van passed the tavern is very important in limiting the time frame between the last transaction and when Ms. Heeringa was abducted, assuming that the van was involved.

While combing through some video, I ran across a news article where they posted a picture of J's mom standing with the guy who offered a $500 reward for concrete information. His name has been in the media but this isn't about him. Under the picture, the caption states something like, 'SH and -A talking in the field nearby the gas station. SH's parents' silver van is parked nearby.' :eek:

We all know that silver vans are a dime a dozen but some media person wanted that detail publicized.
No conclusions, just information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member