781 users online (136 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

Disabled dog finds strength to greet Air Force owner home from Afghanistan

A one-year-old pit-bull mix called Emma struggles daily with a bone-wasting disease that has severely limited her movement - but even that couldn’t stop her when her owner recently returned from a tour of duty.
    Emma is one of three dogs that belong to Melissa Swanson and her husband, who is an airman who has recently been servicing a six-month stretch in Afghanistan.
    As this heart-warming video shows, while the other dogs, Mikey and Jesse, race to greet their owner, Emma is left trailing in third place. However that doesn't prevent her from moving as quickly as she can with only her front paws to propel her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2RzPX4Tl1

I'll admit it I cried at this story I am disabled and this dog is an inspiration to me. What a lovely dog. Aren't animals wonderful.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62GMklEKAtU"]Airman comes home to handicapped dog from 6 month deployment! - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you wfgodot for posting the video. What is your lovely dog called?
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Thank you wfgodot for posting the video. What is your lovely dog called?
    That is Bobbles, the fifth of the Boston terriers I've had over most of a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    That is Bobbles, the fifth of the Boston terriers I've had over most of a lifetime.
    That's a great name wfgodot very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    That's a great name wfgodot very unique.
    Thank you. It's sort of a bookend for a female Boston I had - Boodles. My life's love, that one.