761 users online (113 members and 648 guests)  

Websleuths News

GA - Stephen Newsome, 20, Marietta, 10 Feb 2013

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/m...ebruary/nXdhM/

Stephen Newsome, an Arts of Cobb volunteer, was reportedly on his way to see someone about buying a motorcycle when he left his Franklin Road apartment on Feb. 10, Marietta police spokesman Officer David Baldwin said in the news release. He has not been seen since then, and has not contacted family, friends or co-workers.

The case is active, but foul play is not suspected, police said.

Authorities released two photos of Newsome, who is described as a 5-foot-6, 140-pound black male.

Anyone with information about Newsome’s whereabouts should call Detective Shane Merritt at 770-794-5324.
    Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future. - Oscar Wilde

Attitude ~ it's a little thing that makes a big difference.

I work in media in the general vicinity of Marietta, GA and reached out to the Marietta PD's PIO about putting Newsome in NamUs. Here is the reply I received on May 2.

"Thank you very much for the suggestion. I have passed that on to the detective working the case."

So far, he has not been put into the database.

I just wonder why it took almost three months from his disappearance for the police to go public with the fact that he is missing. Is that normal for a non Mattie's Call/Amber Alert situation?

EDIT: Here is Stephen's Facebook: Link
    Last edited by JOVE23; 05-03-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Stephen's Facebook - not much to see - http://www.facebook.com/Hhaok

He's had some troubles in the past, which may be why we're only hearing about it now
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Doing some snooping on his FB page, I have reason to believe he is in the Army. I wonder if that has anything to do with his disappearance?

Quote Originally Posted by JOVE23 View Post
    Doing some snooping on his FB page, I have reason to believe he is in the Army. I wonder if that has anything to do with his disappearance?
    you'll find more info if you google him, but I suspect he is no longer in the army. The missing reports only refer to him as a volunteer worker.

As he's a victim, I'm not going to bring his history over here but it might explain why it took time for them to go public.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

http://mdjonline.com/bookmark/246244...body-near-I-75
    February 21, 2014
    The Cobb medical examiner Friday issued a positive ID on those human remains, saying it was that of Stephen A. Newsome, 21, whose parents live in Texas.

“His parents really didn’t know his last location or anything,” said Sgt. Dana Pierce, spokesman for Cobb Police. “So, we haven’t been able to confirm or address where he was living.”

Newsome’s body has now been sent to the GBI crime lab for an autopsy, which could take weeks. Until that autopsy has been completed, the cause of death remains unknown.

The Marietta Police Department had put out a missing persons bulletin on Newsome in August 2013.