747 users online (109 members and 638 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Your review of the prosecution closing:

Voters
499. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!! (like five stars great!)

389 77.96%
  • pretty great! (it was great but I would have added some stuff)

83 16.63%
  • It was good.

11 2.20%
  • It was okay.

7 1.40%
  • It was not so good.

8 1.60%
  • Other.

1 0.20%

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

closing argument poll: how did the prosecution do?

Last edited by KateB; 05-17-2015 at 01:14 PM. Reason: repair url tags.

Amazing.. I learned things I did not know and the CDs' sealed PREMEDITATION for me!
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    Amazing.. I learned things I did not know and the CDs' sealed PREMEDITATION for me!
    why take them with you if you are going to Utah to meet a new BFF in a rental car (no red please.. white so it does not stick out)

A++++ already, and he's not even done! Yes, the CD thing really was a "wow" moment for me, too.
    Caylee Marie Anthony Travis Alexander: Never forgotten

Juan weaving to his close!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    What is your opinion on the prosecution's closing argument?
    The gas cans and the CDs, don't cha know! M1 PM... Slam dunk.

He is doing Juanderful and he is not done yet. Love how he is tearing apart her testibaloney slice by slice. The man certainly has no signs of memory problems. Amazing and spellbinding.
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    — C.S. Lewis

Cool

Awesome!!! Just loved it when he mention WaMu believing in the Law of Attraction.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Continually stating, "It's not HER FAULT." Can get in the juror's heads even though that's obviously not Juan's intent.

I heard a little wavering in his voice those first few sentences. Then he launched into "But, It's not her fault." over and over again. I think this was a bad move.

Subliminal suggestion could take over and they begin to wonder about all that.

Also, I think he's a bit rambling,

He needs to change his pitch and tone. It's a fact that people will tend to tune you out after a while if you are in the same urgent pitch like that through out. He needs to bring it down a notch just like a fine piece of music and then build on the important parts.

I would like to see him NAIL HOME the premeditation and the lying.

She admits herself on the stand she's lying.

Can we have a 6 star option please? Juan is absolute master of his craft.

Perfection, Juan is amazing. He has lived and breathed this case since he got it, and it shows. What may push him even harder, is his compassion for Travis's family, friends also, but the family first and foremost. I swear I see his brother's face when I close my eyes. When they put the camera on him, his face says it all and, you've got to feel his pain. That's the hardest part for me.

I am not going to vote in the poll until after he is done, but so far he has been JUANderful.

I love that he is saying ' it is NOT her fault, nothing is ever her fault.'

I love it, because that is the essence of the defense case. It is not her fault that he was a cheater and a pedophile, not her fault shr dropped the camera and he lunged at her...

not her fault she shot him, she thought it wasnt loaded, she didnt even mean to pull the trigger,...

...not her fault he didnt die, so she had to stab him all over and in the back too.

..not her fault she cannot remember anything..
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

JM is doing a superb job laying it all out for the jurors giving them a veritable road map to a first degree murder conviction.

“Do you not know that there comes a midnight hour when every one has to throw off his mask? Do you believe that life will always let itself be mocked? Do you think you can slip away a little before midnight in order to avoid this? Or are you not terrified by it?" - Soren Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by IBsleuthin View Post
    Continually stating, "It's not HER FAULT." Can get in the juror's heads even though that's obviously not Juan's intent.

I heard a little wavering in his voice those first few sentences. Then he launched into "But, It's not her fault." over and over again. I think this was a bad move.

Subliminal suggestion could take over and they begin to wonder about all that.

Also, I think he's a bit rambling,

He needs to change his pitch and tone. It's a fact that people will tend to tune you out after a while if you are in the same urgent pitch like that through out. He needs to bring it down a notch just like a fine piece of music and then build on the important parts.

I would like to see him NAIL HOME the premeditation and the lying.

She admits herself on the stand she's lying.
    BBM I respectfully disagree. If there is one thing on earth that just peeves me off to no flippin' end is people who play the "not my fault" card all the blasted time. IIRC her past relationship break-ups were never "her fault". Please...sorry, not intended at you, it just makes my blood boil since I'd had to deal with it from 2 grown children until I just could not hear them any longer.
    ozzie

"It's only fitting that this individual, who craves the limelight, now faces the light of truth" - Juan Martinez 5/2/2013

I have to admit that the first 5 minutes, I was so nervous...but it's only because it takes me a little while to get into Juan's rhythm. His style is so unique, and Beth Karras was right about how he does not move in a linear way. But...that is what make's him so fun to watch! I am very impressed!!! And he adds just enough sarcasm to remind everyone about what a truly manipulative YET ordinary woman Jodi Arias is...just another person using sex to get her way.

What I can't get over is Ms. Wilmott. I have never seen a defense attorney be so rude and disrespectful in a court room...and I remember the Melendez brothers blonde attorney (Leslie something?) massaging their shoulders all through trial.

Ms. W looks like a 2nd grader who is having a temper tantrum. jmho...hope I don't get sent to the corner or a time out for that observation.

Quote Originally Posted by bamacurious View Post
    I have to admit that the first 5 minutes, I was so nervous...but it's only because it takes me a little while to get into Juan's rhythm. His style is so unique, and Beth Karras was right about how he does not move in a linear way. But...that is what make's him so fun to watch! I am very impressed!!! And he adds just enough sarcasm to remind everyone about what a truly manipulative YET ordinary woman Jodi Arias is...just another person using sex to get her way.

What I can't get over is Ms. Wilmott. I have never seen a defense attorney be so rude and disrespectful in a court room...and I remember the Melendez brothers blonde attorney (Leslie something?) massaging their shoulders all through trial.

Ms. W looks like a 2nd grader who is having a temper tantrum. jmho...hope I don't get sent to the corner or a time out for that observation.
    I too was a bit concerned with the non linear approach but he is actually showing the patterns in JA behavior. He has kept my attention and is really connecting the dots for the jury. The Priceline connection was priceless!
    Last edited by Donatella; 05-02-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: additional info

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast