closing argument poll: how did the prosecution do?

Your review of the prosecution closing:

• Great!! (like five stars great!)

Votes: 389 78.0%
  • pretty great! (it was great but I would have added some stuff)

Votes: 83 16.6%
  • It was good.

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • It was not so good.

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Amazing.. I learned things I did not know and the CDs' sealed PREMEDITATION for me!

Amazing.. I learned things I did not know and the CDs' sealed PREMEDITATION for me!

why take them with you if you are going to Utah to meet a new BFF in a rental car (no red please.. white so it does not stick out):rockon:

A++++ already, and he's not even done! Yes, the CD thing really was a "wow" moment for me, too.

He is doing Juanderful and he is not done yet. Love how he is tearing apart her testibaloney slice by slice. The man certainly has no signs of memory problems. Amazing and spellbinding.

Awesome!!!:rockon: Just loved it when he mention WaMu believing in the Law of Attraction.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::drumroll:

Continually stating, "It's not HER FAULT." Can get in the juror's heads even though that's obviously not Juan's intent.

I heard a little wavering in his voice those first few sentences. Then he launched into "But, It's not her fault." over and over again. I think this was a bad move.

Subliminal suggestion could take over and they begin to wonder about all that.

Also, I think he's a bit rambling,

He needs to change his pitch and tone. It's a fact that people will tend to tune you out after a while if you are in the same urgent pitch like that through out. He needs to bring it down a notch just like a fine piece of music and then build on the important parts.

I would like to see him NAIL HOME the premeditation and the lying.

She admits herself on the stand she's lying.

Can we have a 6 star option please? Juan is absolute master of his craft.

Perfection, Juan is amazing. He has lived and breathed this case since he got it, and it shows. What may push him even harder, is his compassion for Travis's family, friends also, but the family first and foremost. I swear I see his brother's face when I close my eyes. When they put the camera on him, his face says it all and, you've got to feel his pain. That's the hardest part for me.

I am not going to vote in the poll until after he is done, but so far he has been JUANderful.

I love that he is saying ' it is NOT her fault, nothing is ever her fault.'

I love it, because that is the essence of the defense case. It is not her fault that he was a cheater and a pedophile, not her fault shr dropped the camera and he lunged at her...

not her fault she shot him, she thought it wasnt loaded, she didnt even mean to pull the trigger,...

...not her fault he didnt die, so she had to stab him all over and in the back too.

..not her fault she cannot remember anything..

JM is doing a superb job laying it all out for the jurors giving them a veritable road map to a first degree murder conviction.

Continually stating, "It's not HER FAULT." Can get in the juror's heads even though that's obviously not Juan's intent.

I heard a little wavering in his voice those first few sentences. Then he launched into "But, It's not her fault." over and over again. I think this was a bad move.

Subliminal suggestion could take over and they begin to wonder about all that.

Also, I think he's a bit rambling,

He needs to change his pitch and tone. It's a fact that people will tend to tune you out after a while if you are in the same urgent pitch like that through out. He needs to bring it down a notch just like a fine piece of music and then build on the important parts.

I would like to see him NAIL HOME the premeditation and the lying.

She admits herself on the stand she's lying.

BBM I respectfully disagree. If there is one thing on earth that just peeves me off to no flippin' end is people who play the "not my fault" card all the blasted time. IIRC her past relationship break-ups were never "her fault". Please...sorry, not intended at you, it just makes my blood boil since I'd had to deal with it from 2 grown children until I just could not hear them any longer.

I have to admit that the first 5 minutes, I was so nervous...but it's only because it takes me a little while to get into Juan's rhythm. His style is so unique, and Beth Karras was right about how he does not move in a linear way. But...that is what make's him so fun to watch! I am very impressed!!! And he adds just enough sarcasm to remind everyone about what a truly manipulative YET ordinary woman Jodi Arias is...just another person using sex to get her way.

What I can't get over is Ms. Wilmott. I have never seen a defense attorney be so rude and disrespectful in a court room...and I remember the Melendez brothers blonde attorney (Leslie something?) massaging their shoulders all through trial.

Ms. W looks like a 2nd grader who is having a temper tantrum. jmho...hope I don't get sent to the corner or a time out for that observation. :facepalm:

I have to admit that the first 5 minutes, I was so nervous...but it's only because it takes me a little while to get into Juan's rhythm. His style is so unique, and Beth Karras was right about how he does not move in a linear way. But...that is what make's him so fun to watch! I am very impressed!!! And he adds just enough sarcasm to remind everyone about what a truly manipulative YET ordinary woman Jodi Arias is...just another person using sex to get her way.

What I can't get over is Ms. Wilmott. I have never seen a defense attorney be so rude and disrespectful in a court room...and I remember the Melendez brothers blonde attorney (Leslie something?) massaging their shoulders all through trial.

Ms. W looks like a 2nd grader who is having a temper tantrum. jmho...hope I don't get sent to the corner or a time out for that observation. :facepalm:

I too was a bit concerned with the non linear approach but he is actually showing the patterns in JA behavior. He has kept my attention and is really connecting the dots for the jury. The Priceline connection was priceless!

I too was a bit concerned with the non linear approach but he is actually showing the patterns in JA behavior. He has kept my attention and is really connecting the dots for the jury. The Priceline connection was priceless!

I loved the dangerous screw driver bearing "hoards of skateboarders" roaming the parking lot of Starbuck's (drinking strawberry Frappuccino's...) beware!!!:scared::scared::floorlaugh:

A++++ already, and he's not even done! Yes, the CD thing really was a "wow" moment for me, too.

Yeah, I hadn't even given those CD's that much thought. Glad that Juan did so the jury can think about it.

BBM I respectfully disagree. If there is one thing on earth that just peeves me off to no flippin' end is people who play the "not my fault" card all the blasted time. IIRC her past relationship break-ups were never "her fault". Please...sorry, not intended at you, it just makes my blood boil since I'd had to deal with it from 2 grown children until I just could not hear them any longer.

I appreciate your response! I also have great disdain for people who continually state it's not their fault.

The point of my post is that there may be a juror that doesn't quite listen to what he's saying and just get's that in their head...It's not her fault.

You need only to see the look on Wilmott's face at the 2:45 PM break to know how brilliant Juan's closing arguments have been. BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back