1131 users online (231 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

PA - Husband charged in cyanide poisoning death of Dr. Autumn Klein

Police are investigating after ‘toxic levels of cyanide’ were found in her bloodstream of a well-respected Pennsylvania doctor who died suddenly at her home last month.

Autumn Marie Klein, 41, collapsed at her Oakland, Pennsylvania home and died on April 20 at UPMC Presbyterian, where she also headed the women's neurology department and was an assistant professor of neurology, obstetrics and gynecology.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oodstream.html
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 11-30-2014 at 12:50 AM.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    This is AWFUL!!!

Highly-respected doctor and 'fantastic mother' dies with cyanide in her blood... as the poison is found in her husband's lab

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bands-lab.html

"Dr. Cyril H. Wecht, a former Allegheny County coroner, said his private forensic practice has been contacted to look into Klein's death. Wecht would not say who contacted him or when."

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...uspicio/nXd2m/

KDKA Investigators have also learned that Dr. Ferrante has hired prominent attorney, and former U.S. Attorney General J. Alan Johnson.

Sources also tell KDKA’s Marty Griffin that her husband has hired forensic pathologist Cyril H. Wecht.

LE has a subpoena for lab were husband worked, it has cyanide. The couple was trying for a second child.

My guess is he has a girlfriend and didn't want another baby with her.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/...poenas-issued/

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Highly-respected doctor and 'fantastic mother' dies with cyanide in her blood... as the poison is found in her husband's lab

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bands-lab.html
    Incredibly intelligent woman! I think the husband is also very very intelligent and wouldn't chose this method of murder, unless he wanted to be suspected straight away. RIP Autumn

There is new info in this link. Interview with Autumn's mother. She was supposed to stay at the couple's home and babysit grand daughter while they went to a convention the next day. Also strange way husband told daughter about mother's illness, and how he asked talked with other doctors about wife's case but not using her name.

I think he didn't want to go to conference. Husband maybe smart but he may lack common sense. Also probably thought no one would believe that the highly respected Dr could kill his wife.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...system-686074/

Lois Klein said investigators assured her that her daughter’s death was not suicide, because she could not have remained conscious with that level of cyanide in her body, but she hasn’t heard an explanation for what did happen.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion..._in_pittsburgh

Mr. Uroj Khan ( a lottery winner) was recently died from cyanide poisoning.
    There was no autopsy done initially, and only after his sibling complained he was tested for poisons.
    In this case, it appears autopsy was done and poison found. But whoever might have poisoned her maybe counted on autopsy not being done, or poison not looked for?
    Last edited by jjenny; 05-03-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    There is new info in this link. Interview with Autumn's mother. She was supposed to stay at the couple's home and babysit grand daughter while they went to a convention the next day. Also strange way husband told daughter about mother's illness, and how he asked talked with other doctors about wife's case but not using her name.

I think he didn't want to go to conference. Husband maybe smart but he may lack common sense. Also probably thought no one would believe that the highly respected Dr could kill his wife.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...system-686074/
    Instead, Ms. Klein said she received a call from Mr. Ferrante close to midnight April 17 saying that her daughter, who had returned home from her lab between 11 and 11:30 p.m. that night, had collapsed and was en route to the hospital. The three of them were the only ones inside the house, she said he told her.

"He called in a panic and said something had happened to Autumn," Ms. Klein said. "The hospital did not tell us anything. I don't know that anybody has told us what happened to her. There were some assumptions, I guess you would call them."

...Ms. Klein said Mr. Ferrante told her that at one point he began presenting her daughter's case to medical colleagues without telling them whose it was and asking for their opinions. One person suggested the possibility that Dr. Klein's brain could have had a "massive electrical surge," Ms. Klein said.
    Uh, I don't know... does this all seem a little weird? To commit suicide the wife would have had to take the poison right after she got home. Is there a 911 call - I'd like to hear it.

And, I'll give him some slack but the hubby seems a bit weird in the last paragraph. The woman has also already been cremated.

Body was cremated.
    Was the autopsy done? I wonder what led them to check her blood for poisons.
    There are still no arrests in Uroj Khan's death despite cyanide being found in him.
    Just my opinion

It intrigues me that the UK's Daily Mail seems to be the source of many of these stories.

Will we find that her husband had a hand in this to some degree? (Did he want her gone...or were either of them having an affair, and someone saw her as "in the way"? Or perhaps he just didn't want any more kids. He already had 2 older (adult?) kids, and the little girl.)

This story is not just in daily mail.

"The medical examiner's office has reportedly issued subpoenas to the university to gain insight into the movement of chemicals, including cyanide, in and out of the lab. CBS Pittsburgh reports search warrants are specifically being used to obtain cyanide from the lab where Ferrante works."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ide-poisoning/
    Just my opinion

Cyanide is a quick acting poison. So it had to have been given to her in short proximity to her collapse.
    Did she take it orally? Was it injected? Inhaled?
    With the body cremated, how are they going to find that out?
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Cyanide is a quick acting poison. So it had to have been given to her in short proximity to her collapse.
    Did she take it orally? Was it injected? Inhaled?
    With the body cremated, how are they going to find that out?

I tried to research how quickly Cyanide works, but probably gave up too soon - it does depend on the method and, of course, the amount!

If it can't be a suicide (as is says above) and it was a very large dose that acts quickly, then who else could have given it to her but her husband since that would probably mean it was between ~ 11:30 - midnight when it was administered?

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast