817 users online (138 members and 679 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MS - Stephen Emerick, 19, Lafayette County, 29 April 2013

http://www.wtva.com/news/local/story...gVBkDuHnA.cspx

LAFAYETTE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - WTVA.com has learned that there are just as many people on the scene on Thursday as on Wednesday to help search for a missing 19-year-old young man in Lafayette County around and on the Yocona River along Highway 328 in Taylor, Mississippi.

More at link above.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22132833/...ear-olds-truck

The Lafayette County Sheriff's Office said Stephen Emerick, 19, was last seen around 8 p.m. Monday. According to The Oxford Eagle, he just left his job at Ashley's Furniture early because he was feeling sick. He was reported missing late Tuesday night.

Emerick's truck was found with the ignition still on Wednesday morning in the woods near the Lafayette County and Yalobusha County line around the Yocona River area. Reports say his cell phone and wallet were inside the truck.

Search teams picked up their search Thursday for the 19-year-old who has been missing since he left work sick. Surveillance video caught him at two Walmart stores on the way home. His car was found by the Yocona River not far from his house on Tuesday.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22147526/...sing-n-ms-teen

Around 4:30 p.m., law enforcement said an apparent recognition of scent by a tracking dog earlier this afternoon in the search for Tyler Emerick may have been a false positive.

http://djournal.com/view/full_story/...stance=popular

Map of locations

A - Ashley Furniture Ercu MS - Left work sick Mon ~8:00
    B - Wal Mart Pocontoc - Sighting ~9:00 PM
    C - Wal Mart Oxford - Sighting Mon evening
    D - Intersection of County Rd 387/Yocona River - approximate area of found truck (Wed morning)

Search efforts have centered around D and to the west Enid lake

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11436925...ts/QW34uqTfR36

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

I wonder what his purchases were in the 2 Walmarts he went to. And the article says if he's not found alive it will not be the first in the family. Another member was murdered in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What did he buy or what was he looking at?
    What time was he at the second store?
    Did the Pocotoc store call or look up the other store inventory to see if they had something in stock?
    No fishing gear found, was it a meeting?
    Why would the key be in the ignition and the door open with his things inside?
    Was the battery dead?

So very very puzzling. Where are you Tyler?

Yes I wonder why he went to 2 Walmarts? Maybe he bought some over counter medicine if not feeling well?
    No disrespect to him at all, but I wonder if this leaving work sick was something he rarely if ever did, or, ahh, was he known to kind of just leave early sometime?

And is where the truck was found on a route to his home? Or any friends or family?

I am curious as to why he went to two wal-marts. I read on the help find Stephen Tyler emerick FB page that he bought a drink at the Pontotoc Walmart and medicine at the Oxford Walmart. I drive by the Pontotoc Walmart everyday. There is a convenience store right by Pontotoc Walmart so it would make more sense to just stop there for a drink. If he was going in Walmart for medicine and didn't find what he was looking for and decided to go to Oxford Walmart, why so much later? It only takes about 25 minutes to get from pontotoc to Oxford. If he truly wasn't feeling well, I don't understand the delay. Most guys his age that live around here would just go home and let their mother's take care of them. I just can't help but think he was with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Enquiringminds View Post
    I am curious as to why he went to two wal-marts. I read on the help find Stephen Tyler emerick FB page that he bought a drink at the Pontotoc Walmart and medicine at the Oxford Walmart. I drive by the Pontotoc Walmart everyday. There is a convenience store right by Pontotoc Walmart so it would make more sense to just stop there for a drink. If he was going in Walmart for medicine and didn't find what he was looking for and decided to go to Oxford Walmart, why so much later? It only takes about 25 minutes to get from pontotoc to Oxford. If he truly wasn't feeling well, I don't understand the delay. Most guys his age that live around here would just go home and let their mother's take care of them. I just can't help but think he was with someone else.
    Not that there is any reason to indicate this, but still a possibility. Could he have been Smurfing?

In relation to meth, smurfing is a term that is used to describe a person or group of people that go from one store to another in order to gain enough pseudoephedrine to make meth.

ETA: ahhh I see that in MS pseudoephedrine is prescription only.

I think that u have to ask for some medicines from behind the counter and they keep a record to try and cut down on meth. I'm not saying that is what he was doing but it is the first thought I had. It would explain the two stops. I am sure the police have checked his phone records to see if be was calling or texting anyone. My thought was that maybe he was getting paid by someone to buy the medicine. There are a lot of meth labs around here. He looked like a good kid but I know there are a lot of factory workers around this area that get on that stuff because they are paid production and they think they will work faster. I hope and pray he is found safe!

Quote Originally Posted by T4Tide View Post
    Not that there is any reason to indicate this, but still a possibility. Could he have been Smurfing?

In relation to meth, smurfing is a term that is used to describe a person or group of people that go from one store to another in order to gain enough pseudoephedrine to make meth.

ETA: ahhh I see that in MS pseudoephedrine is prescription only.
    You are correct all meds with pseudoephedrine are by prescription only. While on vacation I got a terrible head cold. I went in a FL Walmart and asked about Mucinex D. I wasn't even aware that Mucinex D contained pseudoephorine. The pharmacy tech said its behind the counter and asked to see my ID. When I got it out she said I'm sorry your from MS so I cannot sell it to you without an prescription. That's how strict they are. She also said Oregon and MS are the only two states that have made it prescription only, but many more states are considering it.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast