GUILTY FL - Aliyah Branum, 2, beaten to death, Citrus County, 26 April 2013

gregjrichards

Reaction score
A 21-year-old mother who has her two-year-old daughter's name and birthday tattooed on her chest is behind bars after she confessed to police that she shook the child, smashed her head against the wall and headbutted her because she would not stop 'whining'.
Chelsea Huggett, from Florida, faces charges of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse after police were called to her home on April 26, where her child Aliyah was unconscious.
She was pronounced dead in hospital.
Huggett first blamed her boyfriend for the toddler's injuries, telling police he killed her by spraying bug spray on her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shaking-smashing-head-wall.html#ixzz2SFlzmOSh

Sorry to report that another precious child has been murdered by her so called parents who are evil. R.I.P Aliyah you are now safe in heaven.

And she's 8 months pregnant. *Smh* poor baby, all she wanted was to sit on her moms lap. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ugh, she wanted a snuggle? Who would ever have thought that a toddler would want a snuggle from they mother?

Children can be seriously annoying sometimes, but hey, they are real people, they have wants and needs that include physical affection. Toddlers are supposed to be annoying, they are supposed to be demanding, they are supposed to push boundaries, they are are supposed to experiment (read, get them selves into all kinds of mischief).

What a seriously crappy story.

I am begging my just turned 3 year old to sit and snuggle. She is too busy for that kind of jazz now!

So pleased that Miss 3 snuck out for an extra snuggle before bed <3

RIP sweet girl. I am so sorry that your mama couldn't provide you with such a simple thing :(

I hope this is cut and dry as this appears and this mom serves LOP.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/news/publ...mother-charged-in-babys-beating-death/2118894

Tired of her daughter's whining, Chelsea Maree Huggett took brutal measures to make her stop, investigators say.

2-year-old Aliyah Marie Branum

An emergency room physician at Citrus Memorial Hospital noted that the girl's face was bruised, her nose had been bleeding, and her left eye was swollen shut. Blood and a yellow fluid dripped from both ears. Her skull was fractured above the right eye and her brain had hemorrhaged.

The medical examiner concluded that the girl had died from blunt-force trauma.

On Thursday, detectives arrested Huggett and charged her with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse. They cuffed the 21-year-old's hands in front of her because she is eight months pregnant.

Aliyah's father serves in the Air Force and lives in California.

In her booking photo, a tattoo is visible on Huggett's chest. The word, in black ink: "Aliyah."

(so glad she will have a constant reminder of Aliyah and what she did to her)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/news/publ...-home-of-citrus-county-mom-accused-of/2119019

Child protection had investigated Citrus mom accused of killing daughter

Chelsea Maree Huggett, the Citrus County woman accused of beating her 2-year-old daughter to death last week, was investigated twice by child protection investigators in the past year, according to the Florida Department of Children and Families.

Just wanted to post a photo of Aliyah.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/03/article-2318953-199BB09C000005DC-328_634x453.jpg

There for the Grace of God go I and maybe I am wrong, but, but, but, but you at first blamed your boyfriend for murdering your child? A child of two years old and you've got a boyfriend are prepared to birth another child by said boyfriend?

Sorry, rant. What is going on? I see young women with all these children they don't take care of going on immediately to have more by more boyfriends and the ink. A tattoo cost money for God's sake. It takes time. It does not mean just because your child's name is inked on you that you're a stellar parent.

O.K. rant over and of course there are excellent parents with more than one father per child. There's horrible older parents and wonderful young ones, and I know tattoos are just fine, but I see this every single day close up. What is up with these young women?

RIP sweet little girl. I am so sorry you got on your mother's nerves for God's sake.

This sweet, sweet child .... how she was failed, by this "mother" of hers and it seems DCF as well.

This article is older than the ones you posted, fhc. Has some heartbreaking details about potential warning signs that apparently weren't enough to get this defensless little girl help.

She said Hugget covered Aliyah's mouth and nose to stop her from crying, then began hitting the 2-year-old in the back. When Hugget went in for her appointment, the woman said she changed Aliyah's diapers, and saw bruises all over the little girl's legs and back.

She said she also noticed a diaper rash so severe, it was bleeding.

The woman said her next call to DCF was August 10th.

She said Hugget let Aliyah sit in a dirty diaper for several hours, and that she saw the diaper rash again getting worse.

DCF does confirm they opened a case on Hugget in August, but they won't say anything except they found no signs of child abuse at that time.

[...]

DCF investigated the family twice in recent months. The first time was in August, 2012 and that investigation lasted through December.

Then, in January, DCF investigated the family again for &#8220;living conditions&#8221; and a mark on the back of the child&#8217;s neck.

[...]

Deputies say she admitted shaking the toddler several times in recent days. When asked why, detectives say she told them that the baby &#8220;would whine all of the time and constantly wanted to climb on her and sit on her lap.&#8221;

Huggett is expected to be in court again on June 3rd.

I have the visual of little Aliyah just wanting to climb up on her mommy's lap and her mommy getting livid... so sad on its own and to turn so violent. There are just no words.... :(

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2013/4/30/investigation_contin.html

Aliyah1.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back