Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby80 View Post
    For lack of better idea, I've been thinking about the credit card/lottery ticket fraud angle. Here is a link that explains how she came to be a witness in that case.

http://wwmt.com/news/features/featur...arch-649.shtml

I found this...same day. Propably no connection. But what if there was?

http://www.wwmt.com/shared/news/feat...aud-9580.shtml

The angle that Jessica was kidnapped so that she couldn't testify seems worth exploring, although there seem to be many reasons why it doesn't make sense.
    What self-respecting credit card/lottery scammer would pass up the money in the register? Unless they did not know about the lack of cameras in the store and on the pumps, and so waited in the back of the store for Jessica to open the door for whatever reason.
    Or maybe they hired someone else to kidnap her for them. A professional might be more willing to pass up easy money in order to achieve his objective. This might be a small-time crime ring, or could be something bigger...mob related? Who knows for sure. Like Jessica's case, I'm sure information is being held back from the public.
    If this is related to the fraud ring, it would make sense that nobody recognizes the POI or the van. I would think they would have thought that through, and probably used someone from out of town.
    If the ring was a fairly big-time organization, couldn't someone higher up decide that having 3 men in police custody that Jessica could ID was not a good idea? Since you can't really break 3 guys out of jail, the easiest solution is do away with the witness.
    Any thoughts?
    If the credit card/lottery scam men have not been caught, why would they want to then put themselves in jeopardy again, to go back there to kidnap her? At one time I thought maybe there was a connection, but maybe there isn't one and it could be related to something else or someone else in her life (retaliation perhaps) , or it is the kidnapper wanting Jessica for his own nefarious reasons.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    Hi everyone,

one less "guest" out there! I was a member back in 2005, but haven't been back since until this last week because I'm interested in Jessica's case. I have an online friend who lives in Muskegon & she has been posting info on fb about it.

Your kind moderators have been helpful with me getting out of my "temporary ban" since I hadn't been here in so many years.
    Welcome back, Watcher. Glad to have you!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kweenahartz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
    If the credit card/lottery scam men have not been caught, why would they want to then put themselves in jeopardy again, to go back there to kidnap her? At one time I thought maybe there was a connection, but maybe there isn't one and it could be related to something else or someone else in her life (retaliation perhaps) , or it is the kidnapper wanting Jessica for his own nefarious reasons.
    We don't know that they haven't been caught. The second link is an arrest made the same day Jessica disappeared. I was just saying that if these 3 who were arrested were involved in the case, perhaps the idea that they were in custody and there was an eye witness did not sit well with someone higher up in the ring.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flutterby80 For This Useful Post:

Oops! Thanks, everyone!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TVQueen5 For This Useful Post:

I wonder if the secret service could find out all the cell phones near the gas station at the time window of the abduction and follow where they move to. Could they follow the cell phones which were moving in the direction of where the van was going? This presumes the perp had a cell phone with him at the time.

Does anyone know how many feet or meters cell phone pings are accurate to in distance? I just wondered how accurate they were I have seen them used in other cases on here.
    Please remember the passengers, crew, family and friends and rescuers of everyone affected by the Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 tragedy in your thoughts and prayers.

Never forget R.I.P Hailey Owens, Daniel Morcombe, Lyric Cook, Elizabeth Collins,Jessica Ridgeway, Autumn Pasquale, Celina Cass, Ethan Stacy, Somer Renee Thompson, Leiby Kletzky, Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon, Whitney Heichel, Shaniya Davis, Caylee Anthony, Mickey Shunick and all other innocent victims who have died.

Never forget the missing Jessica Heeringa, Dirk Shiller, Shelia and Katherine Lyon, Kyron Horman, Baby Lisa Irwin, Haleigh Cummings, Brittanee Drexel, Ben Needham, and all other missing children and adults.

Child and animal abuse is wrong - do something to stop it there is no excuse!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregjrichards For This Useful Post:

MI News ‏@allminews 2m
    MLive Muskegon: Lead Jessica Heeringa investigator Dan Shaw to take questions about the case during live chat on... http://dlvr.it/3KzRWM

Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw, leading the investigation into Jessica Heeringa’s alleged abduction, is expected to take questions from the public at 11 a.m. Tuesday, May 7, during a live chat.
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
    I dont have a location on the van. Someone on the ground needs to get the vin number and post it in our forum and they or I will phone it in to Le. I have yet to find a LE person who even knows what websluthes is much less follows it.
    Last I knew the person on the ground said it was still there.
    Believe me when I tell you that alot of LE can't figure out how to get around on WS.

A very wise LE investigating a high profile case once told me something very important.

NEVER assume LE knows

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Tracking cell phone pings seems like a waste of time. The perp would have to be an idiot to leave his phone on. They should be looking for more surveillance video

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

OT

Ypsilanti woman found safe after being kidnapped, search continues for suspect

Surveillance video reveals Farrah Cook being forced into car early Monday morning

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com

Published On: May 06 2013 02:28:02 PM EDT Updated On: May 06 2013 02:40:36 PM EDT

YPSILANTI, Mich. -
    A woman who had been reported abducted early Monday morning from her Ypsilanti home has been found safe...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/y...w/-/index.html

Why, oh why didn't the Exxon station have surveillance cameras? Jessica's abduction would have been recorded, and the perp would have probably been identified by now

17. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    I wonder if the secret service could find out all the cell phones near the gas station at the time window of the abduction and follow where they move to. Could they follow the cell phones which were moving in the direction of where the van was going? This presumes the perp had a cell phone with him at the time.

Does anyone know how many feet or meters cell phone pings are accurate to in distance? I just wondered how accurate they were I have seen them used in other cases on here.
    The case that brought me here Laci Peterson. If it was not for the cell pings back than which is way more improved now. I am afraid he would had walked. I think today they can get real close to where they were .
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 4csns View Post
    Has anyone heard of the Life 360 app for smart phones? Would you consider it safe to use? I am really trying to make myself safer and with Jessica's disappearance I just realized how I am really relaxed in everyday life.
    I googled it but, sorry, don't know anything about it or if it increases safety in any way.
    Technology and me don't get along too well! But I'm .

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by trenchmouth View Post
    Tracking cell phone pings seems like a waste of time. The perp would have to be an idiot to leave his phone on. They should be looking for more surveillance video
    IIRC only if the battery is removed a cell ohone will not ping. You can turn it off but it will still ping towers IIRC .
    I could be wrong . But seems I read and watched a show about that.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JDB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Been there done that with both Sierra and the case that brought me here Laci Peterson . All you can do is pray and send postive thoughts .
    Hi JDB, I too found WS via the Laci Peterson case. Good to "see" another old-timer here, too bad it is under these circumstances.
    I pray for peace in a world gone mad.

All posts are IMHO only!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to libraryg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post

The tower itself keeps records on which cellphones pinged it and from what distance. I believe they can narrow it down to a one mile radius at that exact window. Also, a person doesn't need to make/receive texts or calls in order for their phone to ping a tower, but the phone does have to be "on" to do so . A cell phone pings a tower every time an app updates, you move out of area of the last tower you were on (because it updates date/time).
    All I can do is try.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jenstar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by trenchmouth View Post
    I disagree.

You are assuming LE is only reviewing the time AFTER the abduction.

They might be cross checking activity for early in the evening, our even during the day.

JMO

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Ryan Takeo ‏@ryantakeo WOOD-TV
    I have confirmed investigators have at the very least filed search warrants for area cell phone towers. #jessicaheeringa

Ryan Takeo ‏@ryantakeo 43s
    The info would allow detectives to see who made calls where, and cross reference with silver minivans, sex offenders, etc. #jessicaheeringa
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

I called and spoke with someone at the NSPD about it, I am sure they have hundreds upon thousands of calls but if several people are thinking something but no one says anything it can just go unanswered, right?

I just hate to bug them when they are busy.....
    awesome. thanks so much!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to absentia For This Useful Post:

Has anyone heard of the Life 360 app for smart phones? Would you consider it safe to use? I am really trying to make myself safer and with Jessica's disappearance I just realized how I am really relaxed in everyday life.
    I use it. Now it has the ability to connect you with a person outside your family immediately. it only used to send messages and alerts to family which may not be helpful. it's a good gps program to know where your family members are. I like Great Call better for a panic button/gps tracker situation. Life 360 is intended for family to be able to track each other. Great Call is designed for semi-emergency and real emergency situations, as well as medical issues and safety advice. I think they're trained better in that way and the panic button is simpler to use, and they have a phone app with instant connect to ems as well.

also, with Life 360 you have to have to app open to reach someone. with the Great Call panic button, you just push it. if you have the app open you just press the icon.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to absentia For This Useful Post:

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 2m
    Investigators are still working to find more information on what #JessicaHeeringa did earlier the day of her abduction. @fox17 #FindJessica

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 1m
    @NSPDChiefShaw says MORE than a dozen people interviewed today in the abduction of #JessicaHeeringa throughout multiple counties @FOX17

Today 2 analysis from the Michigan Intelligence Operations Center or MIOC added to the team in the search for #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

37. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    I am really curious about the silver van at the apartment complex someone here saw without a tag on it. Is it still there?
    see link: view single post active search Mi Jessica Heeringa Norton Shores 26 April 2013 #2

39. The Following User Says Thank You to goldenbear For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I disagree.

You are assuming LE is only reviewing the time AFTER the abduction.

They might be cross checking activity for early in the evening, our even during the day.

JMO
    I am holding out hope that maybe they are tracing cell phone pings on a poi against their alibi or that the perp counting on that to be a desolate place will actually give LE an easier job to trace any pings.

Some interesting info from the link below regarding cell phones and the government.

jmo

They can either trace the route of a given phone, or, alternately, search for all phones to enter a given area. For example, "Give me everyone who's been to the firing range in the last 6 months."

Does a cell phone have to be turned ON for the GPS tracking to work?

]Even when 'off' it's periodically emitting a short burst to tell the system which tower(s) to use for your incoming calls. it's this burst which is used to locate you. Pull the battery to secure your location.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/7...e-s-Movements-

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
    Investigators are still working to find more information on what #JessicaHeeringa did earlier the day of her abduction. @fox17 #FindJessica

@NSPDChiefShaw says MORE than a dozen people interviewed today in the abduction of #JessicaHeeringa throughout multiple counties @FOX17

Today 2 analysis from the Michigan Intelligence Operations Center or MIOC added to the team in the search for #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17
    They must really have something in the cell phone data. To me, it looks like they have honed in on something and are throwing some credentials behind it to obtain warrants, etc.

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoCoKSEyes For This Useful Post:

I am thinking the cell data is kind of all they can do right now, besides what else they are already doing.

I wish I could believe that Jessica is alive, but I am not very optimistic. With all of the publicity by the first weekend, the pressure may have been too great, if she was alive even by Saturday. But I guess it is possible this perp has a very isolated place and has not set foot outside in ten days. Just hope he was not smart enough to buy a disposable phone.
    Just my opinion, of course.

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post

Thank you very much for your tweet update posts. I find myself skimming to find your posts. Thanks again!

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princessk For This Useful Post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ACTIVE SEARCH MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #2

49. The Following User Says Thank You to goldenbear For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast