GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks:

1) do not sleuth family members. :tos:

2) do NOT ATTACK ONE ANOTHER OR PERSONALIZE YOUR POSTS. That is a :nono:

:nurse:

Links

Thread #1

New thread for discussion. Please remember we do not allow sleuthing or speculation of family members until or unless they are named a person of interest. ESPECIALLY MINORS.

Continue the discussion here:

I just have a spinny thing on the live website. Is that normal until they come on for the presser?

I just have a spinny thing on the live website. Is that normal until they come on for the presser?

I've got "This video could not be loaded" but I'm on my phone so that could be my problem.

I am not able to find a live link.. trying sacramento abc, cbs, etc... still looking

OK...I've got nothing here. Gotta run off to my own baseball games for the day. Hoping if they have one, someone can post updates. TIA.

I missed the presser (DD home from college today!! :))...but here's the latest on Twitter; apparently deputies are canvassing about 300 homes in the area today. Not sure what that all entails other than talking to homeowners about what they may have seen. Sounds dubious, but at the same time they say they're 'narrowing' the case. (Also sounds like they have gone nowhere with the idea of doing a sketch of the suspect based on boy's recollections.)

Kevin Oliver ‏@KCRAKevin 30m

Canvass of 300 homes in progress. Deputies finding potential evidence in murder case. #leilafowler #calaveras

Kevin Oliver ‏@KCRAKevin 30m

Sheriff's spokesman says investigation is "narrowing"
#leilafowler

ABC7 News ‏@abc7newsBayArea 17m

Investigators canvass homes in Valley Springs searching for witnesses who can help them find Leila Fowler's killer: http://abc7ne.ws/u3kbw

Interesting, because we remember from the one held yesterday that they had planned to have one today. :dunno:

ABC7 News ‏@abc7newsBayArea 20m
Investigators canvass homes in Valley Springs searching for witnesses who can help them find Leila Fowler's killer: http://abc7ne.ws/u3kbw

Kevin Oliver ‏@KCRAKevin 32m
Sheriff's spokesman says investigation is "narrowing" #leilafowler

Kevin Oliver ‏@KCRAKevin 38m
Canvass of 300 homes in progress. Deputies finding potential evidence in murder case. #leilafowler #calaveras

Kevin Oliver ‏@KCRAKevin 39m
Sheriff's spokesman says they are making progress in finding killer. #leilafowler #calaveras

Update: Leila Fowler Homicide Investigation Release 8
Release Date: 05/04/13
Release Number: 8
Update: Leila Fowler Homicide Investigation

(Valley Springs, CA) Calaveras County Sheriff’s Investigators will conduct another area canvassing in the Valley Springs-Rancho Calaveras area today (Saturday) May 4th. The span of the area will included hundreds of homes. The canvassing process is a routine investigative procedure in an attempt to locate new witnesses or refresh potential witness memories of the murder of Leila Fowler that occurred last Saturday. The reason we are conducting another canvassing today is that we anticipate that there will be a greater number of people at their homes available to answer questions. It is important that investigators seek out as much information as possible in order to solve the murder of Leila Fowler.

A press briefing will be held today at 1:30 pm at the Valley Springs Sheriff’s substation.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4997012/

Link for all LE press releases:
https://local.nixle.com/calaveras-county-sheriffs-office/

So I was thinking....why not just issue the online statements...why have a daily press briefing where you just repeat what is in the online statements? Does LE figure that the killer is more likely to turn on his TV and watch the press conference than he is to read the Nixle page?

So I was thinking....why not just issue the online statements...why have a daily press briefing where you just repeat what is in the online statements? Does LE figure that the killer is more likely to turn on his TV and watch the press conference than he is to read the Nixle page?

most likely it is for the community:twocents:

I guess they had one & the press forgot to shoot live for us. :giggle:

The press conference gives the reporters the opportunity to ask questions about what's in the statements, as well as ask additional questions about the case. They've had a Q&A at every press conference so far.

Just some ideas :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member