Address: 1043 Santo Antonio Dr Apt 178, Colton, CA, 92324-4159

Glenn L Roark
Birth Date: 14 Sep 1917
Address: 9241 C Ave Spc 35, Hesperia, CA, 92345-6062

Glenn L Roark
Birth Date: Sep 1917
[14 Sep 1917]
Phone Number: 949-2323
Address: 22886 Arliss Dr, Grand Terrace, CA, 92313-5119 (1993)
[7615 Remington Dr, Riverside, CA, 92503-3062]
[17925 Manzanita St, Hesperia, CA, 92345-4924 (1993)]
[208 Nashville Ave, Huntington Beach, CA, 92648-3542]
[3155 17th St, Sacramento, CA, 95818-3816 (1996)]

Long rambling explanation of how I got to his page on NamUS is somewhat irrelevant, but when I saw that Glenn Lankley Roark was 95, I figured my Ancestry account would be helpful - I can't find overmuch about people born after about 1940 on there, but older folks have a better paper trail that often reveals info that leads back forward again to subsequent generations. Perhaps I can help find NOK...

For this man, I found several census listings, a marriage record, and then a divorce from a different woman. Based on birth dates and geographical proximity, I believe they're the same man.

That info leads to a son who passed last year, but I'm not having a lot of luck with finding info about whether or not he married or had children.

The son, Daniel Thomas Roark, was born 19 Nov 1951 in Los Angeles, California (birth record lists mother's maiden name Farrar), and died 19 Jan 2012 - likely also in CA.

Geraldine (Farrar) Roark divorced Glenn in 1973. According to other Ancestry trees in which she appears, she was born in 1928 in Boone, MO, and died in Costa Mesa, CA, with no date listed. While it appears she may have married a couple of other times, none of the trees list potential half-siblings for Daniel via Geraldine.

Some identity sites (to which I do not have paid access) suggest that Daniel Thomas Roark might be related to a Charlotte Wright, but I haven't yet found any verification of who she might be (wife? daughter?), nor have I been able to find an obituary for Daniel that would identify other relatives.

I also found another tree on Ancestry that includes Glenn Lankley Roark's siblings; he's in the tree also, I believe, but because the user has him listed as still alive, his profile in their tree is hidden/private, and I can't be absolutely sure. If I'm reading this other tree properly, the owner is Mr. Roark's great-grand-niece. I sent her an email and a link to his NamUS case, but I have not gotten a reply.

The marriage record I found from 1945: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F3WF-ZMB
to a Mary Elizabeth Ingram, aka Elizabeth Ayer Ingram, suggests that he was a 2nd Lt., and they were married by an Army Chaplain (Methodist). So it would seem he's a veteran, although I can find no other record of his service. Does anyone know if the authorities would pursue military burial rights without a NOK to request them?

I feel like I've found a lot of potentially useful info via my genealogical research skills, but I lack the current-day sleuthing knowledge to trace this forward further to an actual living NOK (other than via the other Ancestry tree.)

If anyone can run with what I've found and help find this man a final resting place.... please jump on in here and help me out?

I'm also hoping someone can tell me when it's appropriate to take info like this to the relevant authorities? I don't want to waste their time with a lot of info they may already have... especially since it doesn't conclude with a definite NOK... presumably they already know about his (deceased) son?

Some identity sites (to which I do not have paid access) suggest that Daniel Thomas Roark might be related to a Charlotte Wright, but I haven't yet found any verification of who she might be (wife? daughter?), nor have I been able to find an obituary for Daniel that would identify other relatives.

I don't know if it the added middle initial will help but I got a "Charlotte D Wright" possible relation when searching Dan T Roark on pipl. No other info on her though.

Amazing work, by the way!

When looking into Daniel Roark, I'm getting results that show also living in CA he may have lived in Bald Knob, AR. The Daniel Roark with the AR address is linked to a woman - presumably a partner - whose name I won't post publicly, but wondering who should I PM it to?

Also on Facebook I have come across a "Dano" Roark who is/was from Huntington, CA, went to Fountain Valley for high school, Costa Mesa for College, and lived in AR. The profile is very sparse though - no photo or posts, only education/location and some friends added.
But - although not listed as "friends", this profile has mutual friends with the presumed partner's profile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back