SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
jackson_hattie.jpg

Hattie E. Jackson

Endangered Missing from Washington DC since July 21, 1961

Hattie was last seen playing with her older brother and some friends at Rock Creek Park in Washington DC on July 21, 1961. They were swimming in the creek when a police officer told them the water was polluted and they could not swim there. An unidentified man was sitting nearby, and when the police officer left, he offered to drive the children to another place 2 miles away where the water was clean and they could swim. The kids turned him down and continued playing. Then Hattie disappeared, an no one noticed her leave.

Several witnesses reported seeing Hattie being helped into a dull blue / gray older model car near the park. The driver of the car matched the description of the man talking to the kids in the park. He was Caucasian, in his 30s, with short brown hair. He has never been identified and it's not certain if he was involved in Hattie's disappearance.

An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Hattie. She has never been found.

NamUs

Charley Project

Saw this case come up on Charley Project. Surprised that there has been NOTHING about Hattie online until now. Can't even find anything in Google Archives. It seems like something that would capture everyone's attention today.

I just saw this case come up on Charley Project, in the updates section. Sort of echoing whats above- theres very little out there on Hattie's disappearance. Sadly, I don't think missing black children were anyone's top priority during that time.
This case- https://identifyus.org/cases/2196 the composite looks a lot like Hattie. The time frame is wide open on this Doe case- Probable year of death 0 to 1983
jackson_hattie.jpg

jackson_hattie.jpg

Hattie E. Jackson

Endangered Missing from Washington DC since July 21, 1961

Hattie was last seen playing with her older brother and some friends at Rock Creek Park in Washington DC on July 21, 1961. They were swimming in the creek when a police officer told them the water was polluted and they could not swim there. An unidentified man was sitting nearby, and when the police officer left, he offered to drive the children to another place 2 miles away where the water was clean and they could swim. The kids turned him down and continued playing. Then Hattie disappeared, an no one noticed her leave.

Several witnesses reported seeing Hattie being helped into a dull blue / gray older model car near the park. The driver of the car matched the description of the man talking to the kids in the park. He was Caucasian, in his 30s, with short brown hair. He has never been identified and it's not certain if he was involved in Hattie's disappearance.

An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Hattie. She has never been found.

NamUs

Charley Project

Why can't I view Hattie's NAMUS file?

Was she swimming in her clothing or was she wearing a bathing suit underneath or what? Charlie Project says that she was wearing a long sleeve white blouse with brown and white checkered shorts. If the guy described was the culprit then he would be around 90 now so not much hope for justice.

On the Charley Project it says that several people saw TWO young men helping her into a car, that's a bit odd isn't it? I mean, usually with pedophiles taking kids it's just the one, no?

I don't have time to decipher and dig at the moment, but putting this here for later or if anyone else wants to dig up anything from it.

This article names a possible suspect, Thomas Welton Holland. He also used several aliases.

It also discusses a then UID from Philadelphia but I don't know if she was ever id'd.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/40855403/

I don't have time to decipher and dig at the moment, but putting this here for later or if anyone else wants to dig up anything from it.

This article names a possible suspect, Thomas Welton Holland. He also used several aliases.

It also discusses a then UID from Philadelphia but I don't know if she was ever id'd.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/40855403/

Hi, just wanted to let you know that the Philadelphia girl is still unidentified. She was added to NamUs 8 days ago and I posted a thread about her in the UID forum earlier today. Here is her thread.

I can't find any articles stating that Hattie was ruled out. Her NamUs page seems to be offline for some reason, so I don't know what (if any) identifiers she had. They only had prints for the Philly girl, and I don't know if there are any on file for Hattie. Maybe they ruled out this match, but there's a possibility they couldn't because of the lack of identifiers. Our only hope seems to be DNA... if the Philly girl's remains still exist and she wasn't cremated.

Hi, just wanted to let you know that the Philadelphia girl is still unidentified. She was added to NamUs 8 days ago and I posted a thread about her in the UID forum earlier today. Here is her thread.

I can't find any articles stating that Hattie was ruled out. Her NamUs page seems to be offline for some reason, so I don't know what (if any) identifiers she had. They only had prints for the Philly girl, and I don't know if there are any on file for Hattie. Maybe they ruled out this match, but there's a possibility they couldn't because of the lack of identifiers. Our only hope seems to be DNA... if the Philly girl's remains still exist and she wasn't cremated.
Does the girl from Philly have fingerprints available? What article mentions that? (I hope you send the link).

newspapers.com

The News (Frederick, Maryland); 24 Jul 61, pg 11

1657478631226.png

The News (Frederick, Maryland); 22 Jul 61, pg 12 - Different circumstances reported in this article

1657478868551.png 1657478899614.png
The Morning Herald; 24 Jul 61, pg 3

1657478981657.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member