GUILTY GA - Sky Allen, 2, stabbed to death, Augusta, 2 May 2013

raine1212

Former Member
Reaction score
This should be a child abuse or manslaughter charge regardless of what the cause of death was.
Incorrectly using a car seat is one thing. Not using one AT ALL... is child abuse or homicide. :twocents:

Judging from the picture of the van, she could not have been traveling very fast. The windshield damage APPEARS to be caused by the rear-view mirror mount. The driver could not possibly hit that- did the unrestrained CHILD cause that damage? :(

Looks like little damage to the van. Deliberate soft accident to cover up something else? Just thinking out loud. Imo

I am a local to this area. I did not see any new news yet this am.

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/news/metro/2013-05-03/appling-wreck-kills-augusta-toddler

su3ytyhe.jpg

i suspect this case will be moving to crimes in the news shortly....

The damage looks waaaaaaaaaaaay too light to have caused mother to be in serious condition, let alone kill a child (although if unbelted, a broken neck could have happened...).

No, something else happened...poor baby.

Best-
Herding Cats

What a beautiful little girl. This another heartbreaking story.

Awww. Poor baby. She is beautiful. I hope her death was due to the accident only.

I have seen A LOT of cases of unrestrained children who died in car accidents.
Never one this minor. Even babies survive accidents like this unrestrained.

You don't usually see a broken neck with an unrestrained child, they are usually ejected.
A broken neck (or internal decapitation) is usually from a child forward facing too early. :twocents:

I wouldn't be surprised if the damage to the windshield is from Sky's head.
I just don't think it was caused by an impact with a tree. :furious:

The headlight isn't even broken, the impact is on the passenger side (to protect the driver.)
It doesn't even look like the air bags went off (which WILL kill an unrestrained child.)

This is textbook "set up an accident to cover up a murder." :twocents: JMO.

http://newstimes.augusta.com/latest-news/2013-05-03/officials-mum-on-details-of-wreck-toddlers-death

An unrestrained child can be killed in a very, very minor accident. Case in point, when I worked in NICU (before car seats were required, or even very common) we sent a baby home with parents after a three month NICU stay for prematurity. On their way home from the hospital, they were rear-ended at VERY low speed at a neighborhood stop sign. Baby hit the dash, baby DOA upon return to the ER.

Now, I realize this was an older child, and I'm NOT saying that THIS child was killed in this collision. I'm just saying that it CAN happen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back