1265 users online (292 members and 973 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Patrol: 5 die in limousine fire on Calif. bridge

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...SNWU00L1_UNEWS

SAN MATEO, Calif. (AP) — A limousine traveling on a major bridge in the San Francisco area burst into flames, killing five people and sending four others to hospitals, authorities said.

The five who died became trapped after the limo caught fire late Saturday night on the San Mateo bridge, California Highway Patrol officer Amelia Jack told KGO-TV.

Five others managed to escape after the vehicle came to a stop on the bridge, she said.

KGO reports ( bit.ly/17F63g8) that the victims were all women who are believed to be in their 30s.........

More at link......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

How tragic - just awful. I wonder if it was a wedding party?

eegads. i assume it was a bachelorette or birthday party.
    ~~Childhood Cancer is a Crime~~

Very sad. RIP, ladies.

Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

I just saw this on the news, how does this happen? I've never been in a limo, is there a reason they wouldn't get out? Doesn't make any sense....

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Blue View Post
    I just saw this on the news, how does this happen? I've never been in a limo, is there a reason they wouldn't get out? Doesn't make any sense....
    I'm just guessing here - I think there were 9 adult women in the back of the limo and one exit door. Its not easy moving around in the back of a limo, you are sitting on a long couch which is low, and in most limos you can't stand up (to easily walk out). If the fire became intense very quickly, it would have been like being caught in a cramped, small tube. Then there is the shear panic, smoke and fire. Nine people in a panicked situtation trying to get out one door.

How frightning for them all, a night of fun ends in horror. God bless them all.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

Limousine fire kills five women on Calif. bridge

Reuters
    3:56 p.m. CDT, May 5, 2013

(Reuters) - Five women killed in a bizarre limousine fire Saturday night in the Bay Area were part of a bachelorette party that included the bride-to-be, according to authorities and local media reports.
    The victims have not been identified, pending notification of relatives, authorities said. Four other women and the driver of vehicle managed to escaped the burning vehicle, which was crossing the San Mateo Bridge at the time.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,3495116.story

Just beyond sad.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Unhappy

Sad as this story is, and it's local to my area, I'm wondering if there wasn't some alcohol in the limo which may have contributed to the fire or women not getting out??? It's tragic that the bride seems to have been killed.
    If I were the family, I'd certainly be looking to the limo company for answers/lawsuit.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

This is horrifying. And I just heard on the car radio that the bride-to-be died in the fire. The fire started in the trunk. So maybe the flames came exploding out and injured the women sitting in the seat closest to the source of the fire. That can happen fast if there was an accelerant in the trunk.

This must be so devastating to the families. My family is busy helping our son plan his upcoming wedding. I cannot imagine what he would do if his fiance died a horrible death during her bachellorette party. So heartbreaking all around.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Two survivors are named n this article:

Bride-to-be among five women in their 30s killed during a bachelorette party after they became trapped inside their burning limo on San Francisco highway

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...o-highway.html

Someone on the Instagram posted a picture of the limo on fire...Warning: It is disturbing

http://instagram.com/p/Y6wcyNJLwt/

However, from the picture, it looks like the fire is in the front?

So. Sad! I just don't understand what caught fire in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Blue View Post
    Never ridden in a limo either but seen a few post on some of news sites that say the back doors of limos cannot be opened from the inside, only the driver can open them.

Anyone know if this is true?

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    Never ridden in a limo either but seen a few post on some of news sites that say the back doors of limos cannot be opened from the inside, only the driver can open them.

Anyone know if this is true?
    I was watching a show on tv, and the lady kept trying to open the door of the limo, the driver came and did it and told her they were child locks. So if the vehicle is still running I suppose the doors would stay locked :/

So sad

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast