1490 users online (305 members and 1185 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1593
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,052
    Quote Originally Posted by deoneta View Post
    This is one of the more interesting background articles I've read. Certainly more informative than the Time's earlier fluffy piece about DT's Holden Caulfield-ish alienation. While I believe DT was close to TT and looked up to him in many aspects, it also seems that at least for a time, he considered TT something of a buzzkill. He continued with his partying lifestyle despite TT's disapproval right up to the time of the bombings. I wonder what or who pushed DT over the ideological edge. I have no doubt that TT was a factor, but I also wonder if his growing interest in the turbulent history of his homeland and the surrounding region contributed to his shift. A new sense of nationalistic pride and grievance might have made him more accepting of TT's radical religious views. All MOO
    TT himself was apparently into drinking, smoking, and chasing girls when he was DT's age. As DT got older, perhpas he was going to turn into the exact copy of his brother.
    Just my opinion

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,379
    It just makes me wonder.... with TT missing, was there a flurry of phone calls to his phone or anyone from KRT wondering where he was for a couple of days? The hospital? Family or friends? Did KRT go to work during that time?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,052
    Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    It just makes me wonder.... with TT missing, was there a flurry of phone calls to his phone or anyone from KRT wondering where he was for a couple of days? The hospital? Family or friends? Did KRT go to work during that time?
    ??? When was he missing? KRT reportedly called him after seeing his photos on TV. He was killed soon after that.
    Just my opinion

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Edith Flynn, professor emeritus at Northeastern University and a terrorism expert, said the U.S. government should arrange a flight on a military cargo plane already headed to the North Caucasus region where Tsarnaev’s parents live.

    “Look at the choice. Do you want to use taxpayer dollars to help fix a vandalized cemetery or get rid of the body in the most convenient way that would rid us of the problem for good?” Flynn said.

    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...rom_government

    I do agree with this.
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Only problem I see is that the family might not claim the body once it is there!!! They should have handled it in the manner the family of the Sandy Hook killer did. His remains were taken care of and the public does not know where it is.

    JMO

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,379
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    ??? When was he missing? KRT reportedly called him after seeing his photos on TV. He was killed soon after that.
    Hope I have my timeline right. The bombings took place on the 15th and

    Thursday, April 18
    5 p.m. ET: The FBI releases pictures of two male suspects being sought in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/justic...thon-timeline/

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,052
    Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    Hope I have my timeline right. The bombings took place on the 15th and

    Thursday, April 18
    5 p.m. ET: The FBI releases pictures of two male suspects being sought in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/justic...thon-timeline/
    But he wasn't missing from 15th to 18th. He was living as normal at the apartment. I believe the claim is on the 18th she either dropped or left child there to babysit. Also on the 18 she reportedly saw him on TV and called him. So, if she didn't see him at home in the eveneing of the 18, she clearly knew he was suspected of terrorism, so she wouldn't have been surprised.
    Just my opinion

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,379
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    But he wasn't missing from 15th to 18th. He was living as normal at the apartment. I believe the claim is on the 18th she either dropped or left child there to babysit. Also on the 18 she reportedly saw him on TV and called him. So, if she didn't see him at home in the eveneing of the 18, she clearly knew he was suspected of terrorism, so she wouldn't have been surprised.

    Ok, I hadn't really seen that he just went back to the apartment and acted normal until some time on the 18th - is that when he left the apartment, did he leave after the pics were shown and she came back later. I thought it was on the 15th that she dropped the daughter off and left for work.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,648
    ........, a neighbor knocked at the door of their third-floor apartment in Cambridge, where Ms. Russell had apparently just heard the news from a relative. “She was in utter shock,” the neighbor said. “Utter shock.”

    She may have been in shock due to the fact that he was caught, not that he was a terrorist. I feel she knew all along.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,379
    Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    ........, a neighbor knocked at the door of their third-floor apartment in Cambridge, where Ms. Russell had apparently just heard the news from a relative. “She was in utter shock,” the neighbor said. “Utter shock.”

    She may have been in shock due to the fact that he was caught, not that he was a terrorist. I feel she knew all along.
    I had to reread that article. I think it meant she was in shock that he was dead, a day after she would have seen the photos.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,052
    Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    Ok, I hadn't really seen that he just went back to the apartment and acted normal until some time on the 18th - is that when he left the apartment, did he leave after the pics were shown and she came back later. I thought it was on the 15th that she dropped the daughter off and left for work.
    Yes, both him and DT were reportedly acting normally between 15th and 18th.
    Neither one was missing at that time.
    Here is an article about DT attending a party.

    "The sophomore attended a party two days after Monday’s bombing. He hit the gym. And he went to his dorm room at UMass-Dartmouth for a night’s rest, according to reports."

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2SQaDlQXB
    Just my opinion


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,320
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    This may already have been posted, I'm sometimes reading so fast to keep up I miss things.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/04/us...anted=all&_r=0
    Now, this answers two questions.
    KRT was at the Cambridge Apartment on Thursday night going into Friday morning.

    The apartment was on the THIRD FLOOR.

    There was plenty of time for her to remove items from the apartment.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,320
    It sounds like KRT didn't have access to a cellphone at the apartment. When she called TT after seeing his pictures on the FBI news conference, did she call from the client's phone? Did she even have a cell phone? Did she just want to use someone's phone because she didn't want the call to show on her own phone record? Obviously, a family member contacted her...was it on the apartment landline or a cellphone?
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,379
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Yes, both him and DT were reportedly acting normally between 15th and 18th.
    Neither one was missing at that time.
    Here is an article about DT attending a party.

    "The sophomore attended a party two days after Monday’s bombing. He hit the gym. And he went to his dorm room at UMass-Dartmouth for a night’s rest, according to reports."

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2SQaDlQXB

    There seems to be a lot more about DT than TT.

    But here's the questions:

    April 15, who was watching the daughter in the middle of the afternoon or do we think he left her at the apartment alone.

    April 18, so TT left the apartment after the photos were released at 5 pm? Where was the child?

    When did KRT learn about those photos (sorry, I missed the time)?

    When did she text TT (and/or call him and/or he called her)?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,052
    Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    There seems to be a lot more about DT than TT.

    But here's the questions:

    April 15, who was watching the daughter in the middle of the afternoon or do we think he left her at the apartment alone.

    April 18, so TT left the apartment after the photos were released at 5 pm? Where was the child?

    When did KRT learn about those photos (sorry, I missed the time)?

    When did she text TT (and/or call him and/or he called her)?
    Because DT was out and about, so it's easier to know what he was doing. But neither one was missing. It has not been reported where the child was after TT left the apartment.
    Just my opinion

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    It sounds like KRT didn't have access to a cellphone at the apartment. When she called TT after seeing his pictures on the FBI news conference, did she call from the client's phone? Did she even have a cell phone? Did she just want to use someone's phone because she didn't want the call to show on her own phone record? Obviously, a family member contacted her...was it on the apartment landline or a cellphone?

    Good questions... could it be because she couldn't go back into the apartment? I'm not quite following all this the way it is reported.

Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody
    By bessie in forum MA - Boston Marathon Bombing Terrorist Attack
    Replies: 1139
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 12:17 PM
  2. Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody
    By bessie in forum MA - Boston Marathon Bombing Terrorist Attack
    Replies: 1110
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 03:33 PM
  3. Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody
    By bessie in forum MA - Boston Marathon Bombing Terrorist Attack
    Replies: 1248
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 12:25 AM
  4. Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody
    By bessie in forum MA - Boston Marathon Bombing Terrorist Attack
    Replies: 1412
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 04:46 PM
  5. Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*
    By Peliman in forum MA - Boston Marathon Bombing Terrorist Attack
    Replies: 1266
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 05:33 AM

Tags for this Thread