781 users online (89 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    Another view of the first bomb site, showing width of sidewalk.

http://tribfox40.files.wordpress.com...4/marathon.jpg
    Here is another from the 2nd site. Note: There are quite a few bags at the feet of spectators.

This is not the picture I was looking for, though. I found one but didn't bookmark it....that one seemed to show the paper bag, in the white plastic bag that was later in front of the fence, at the feet of one of the spectator.

I will keep looking for it. But, it is torturous to continue to look through these 100's of horrible images
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

I don't understand why people are looking for every bag? The investigators KNOW what and where the bags were.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Because DT was out and about, so it's easier to know what he was doing. But neither one was missing. It has not been reported where the child was after TT left the apartment.

Yeah, I know! I'm just trying to figure out how much (or how little) we know about those days - and pin down some times. I didn't think it had been confirmed he was at the apartment most of that time, but maybe it has.

bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
    I've been trying & trying to respond to your post, but I got stuck in the ever-annoying spin cycle - grrrrrr! I finally just logged off & then logged back on.

TY for this link - I see the "blast seat" now. This is a much clearer photo. TY very much!

http://resources2.news.com.au/images...inish-line.jpg

It does appear as if it went off directly behind where Krystle & her friend were standing, doesn't it?
    This is the Bomb site #1 where Lenscrafters at 699 Boylston St. is located. You have the pics mixed up. DT was at Bomb site #2 at restaurant next to the Starbucks on 755 Boylston St. The barricades at Bomb site #2 was BEHIND barricades and blew the barricades FORWARD onto the streets and towards mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    I don't understand why people are looking for every bag? The investigators KNOW what and where the bags were.
    Some people still believe that the bomb was in the bag on the curb and to the West of the mailbox. (Not my IMO)
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

Something that makes me think that something deeper than what's showing on the surface was going on is a tweet by Dzhokhar dated April 14, 2013 in which he's speaking with his friend TC (started the Boston Truther crap & the freejahar hashtag, he's his biggest supporter). Dzhokhar responds to TC's post about The Game Of Thrones by saying they can relate more to Breaking Bad. Refer to the following link:

http://www.allmytweets.net/?screen_name=@J_Tsar

Me - Not sure what to think about the meth reference bc I tend to think he could have been sarcastic in saying that but digging into "Breaking Bad" I came across something interesting. The full Wiki is interesting to someone like myself that's never even heard of this show, but the following portion is especially interesting in lieu of the Boston bombings with regards to the Tsarnaev brothers religious martyrdom...

Breaking Bad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Snipped:
    Moral consequences

In an interview with The New York Times, creator Vince Gilligan said the larger lesson of the series is that "actions have consequences".[9] He elaborated on the show's philosophy:

If religion is a reaction of man, and nothing more, it seems to me that it represents a human desire for wrongdoers to be punished. I hate the idea of Idi Amin living in Saudi Arabia for the last 25 years of his life. That galls me to no end. I feel some sort of need for Biblical atonement, or justice, or something. I like to believe there is some comeuppance, that karma kicks in at some point, even if it takes years or decades to happen. My girlfriend says this great thing that’s become my philosophy as well. 'I want to believe there's a heaven. But I can't not believe there's a hell.'

In a piece examining the show in comparison to The Sopranos, Mad Men and The Wire, Chuck Klosterman said that Breaking Bad is "built on the uncomfortable premise that there's an irrefutable difference between what's right and what's wrong, and it's the only one where the characters have real control over how they choose to live." Klosterman added that the central question of Breaking Bad is "What makes a man 'bad' — his actions, his motives, or his conscious decision to be a bad person?" Klosterman concluded that, in the world of Breaking Bad, "goodness and badness are simply complicated choices, no different than anything else."[4]

Ross Douthat of The New York Times, in a response to Klosterman's piece, compared Breaking Bad and The Sopranos, stating that both series are "morality plays" that are "both interested in moral agency". Douthat went on to say that Walter White and Tony Soprano "represent mirror-image takes on the problem of evil, damnation and free will". Walter is a man who "deliberately abandons the light for the darkness" while Tony is "someone born and raised in darkness" who turns down "opportunity after opportunity to claw his way upward to the light."[34]

Gilligan intimated he would inject undertones of black comedy into the fifth season.[35]
    Last edited by KateB; 06-20-2015 at 12:32 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Because someone who appears to be a conspiracy nut was trying to prove that it was not the bag DT placed BEHIND the barricade that blew up at Bomb site #2. You know...so s/he can blow the government's prosecution apart with her/his theories to prove her/his superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    It sounds like KRT didn't have access to a cellphone at the apartment. When she called TT after seeing his pictures on the FBI news conference, did she call from the client's phone? Did she even have a cell phone? Did she just want to use someone's phone because she didn't want the call to show on her own phone record? Obviously, a family member contacted her...was it on the apartment landline or a cellphone?
    Wouldn't the FBI take her cell phone from her?

This morning I googled the neighbor's name (Albrect Ammon). He did a number of interviews early on and talked about how the police came to the apartment buiding on Friday and took everyone to the police station, including Katherine and the child.

He had only lived there for about 2 months but had first met Tamerlan a couple of weeks prior to that at a pizza place near The Cambridge Latin High School where Albrect is a student. He did not know Jahar previously and only met him once outside the house on Norfolk.

I am trying to pin down the time the police appeared at the house on Norfolk. I did see a video of the police towing TWO vehicles away from Norfolk Street.

This is a good early article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...549213938.html

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    Ok, I hadn't really seen that he just went back to the apartment and acted normal until some time on the 18th - is that when he left the apartment, did he leave after the pics were shown and she came back later. I thought it was on the 15th that she dropped the daughter off and left for work.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/22/us/boston-suspect-wife

Katherine Russell last saw her husband Thursday, just hours before he died in a gun battle with police, according to a source close to the family. She was handing off her 2-year-old daughter to stay with him while she went to work, the source said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/22...laims-surface/

DeLuca also provided new details on Tsarnaev's movements in the days following the bombings, saying the last day he was alive that "he was home" when Russell left for work. When asked whether anything seemed amiss to his wife following the bombings, DeLuca replied: "Not as far as I know." He said she learned her husband was a suspect in the bombings by seeing it on television and did not elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    Wouldn't the FBI take her cell phone from her?
    The police did take her cellphone from her when they first appeared at the house on Norfolk Street. I just read it in an early article this morning and am trying to find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I am guessing conspiracy theoriest are trying to prove that something else blew up, and not TT and DT's backpacks.
    Even though we all saw photo of a backpack blown up long before DT and TT became suspects.
    This is why I thought there was a faction involved bc the conspiracy stuff started right away. I started following the initial posts almost right away bc I couldn't stand what happened after Sandy Hook - the Truther idiocy should be illegal imo bc it re-victimizes the victims over and over again. I started obtaining links & taking snapshots, sent some to a mod here bc it was obvious to me what these crazy people were starting. They were making it political warfare that's religiously motivated. Its not right to do that imo. Anyway, I started following certain areas on the www, most especially the ones that started on the conspiracies right away, and it just looked/s to me as though it was planned. I know what is released to the public is sometimes different, maybe that's to dull down the hype that can fester into hate crimes, but from what I was following it seems as though more & more intel continue to be brought to light. Its crazy.

Something else people were talking about on the net was the "stuffing" from the backpack shown in the pictures. It confuses me bc I didn't think its was "stuffing" from the backpack at all, I thought it was "batting" that was used as cushioning to keep the pressure cooker bomb secure in the backpack.

More importantly, I'd like to know what was used to secure the beebees (or whatever they were) in the pressure cooker. It was said that wax is used to secure the damaging metals & shrapnel in these bombs, but imo wax would have melted. In the picture I saw, the beebees (about 1/2 of them) were still stuck/adhered together, so I wonder if a heavy glue or silicone was used instead... Has that info been released? The reason I wonder about this is bc a heavy glue (such as E6000 or MonkeyGlue or something) would have taken time to cure so as not to smell anymore & harden. If so, with that amount used, surely somebody would have smelled something amiss in that small apartment of Tamerlan's...

i wonder if the reason they were so late getting to the bombing sites were that. DT had classes and didn't want to be absent (we have heard he was in campus post bombing but i don't recall hearing anything about that Monday. secondly if TT in fact had his daughter would he have waited for her to go down for a nap so he could run out do the bombing and get back in the time she was napping?
    ~~Childhood Cancer is a Crime~~

Quote Originally Posted by gooniequeen View Post
    i wonder if the reason they were so late getting to the bombing sites were that. DT had classes and didn't want to be absent (we have heard he was in campus post bombing but i don't recall hearing anything about that Monday. secondly if TT in fact had his daughter would he have waited for her to go down for a nap so he could run out do the bombing and get back in the time she was napping?
    Patriot's Day is a MA state holiday, so DT would not have had classes at the state university.

Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast