Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: SC - N. Myrtle Beach - Investigating the death of Amber Berbiglia, 23, as a homicide

Quote Originally Posted by LR1 View Post
    You are doing a helluva job in this thread Wg.

one possible small correction is that in this article they have her working at Greg Norman’s at Barefoot Landing.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...-of-woman.html
    Again, great find! So now I wonder how Overtime Sports Cafe comes into play. Did Amber work 2 jobs?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Ah. I only found the main campus, I think. No, don't know where her classes were. Thank you.

If I had to guess, she would have gone to the Conway campus (it's closer to LR) but she could have easily been taking online classes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meglor For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Trafficking?

I keep wondering if her murder could have been an attempted abduction gone wrong. I think her abductor could have been hidden in her vehicle. We don't have Amber's cell info so there's no telling what other places it shows to have been in for a prolonged period. Amber fought hard according to what her momma said, and she was left with bruised and cut up arms. If this idea is even remotely possible, I wonder if we should gather suspicious vehicles, attempted abductions, disappearances in the surrounding counties as well as Horry.

This seems to be what a lot of people believe that I have spoken with about HE and the Drexel case here in LR and MB. It's so scary knowing that can be happening here.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meglor For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    It is very frustrating for me to see the very high number of known unsolved missing/murdered female/male cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC. Imo, there are many indicators pointing to an active sexual predator/serial killer operating in Horry Co., SC.

How many more innocent victims must vanish or be murdered before the unlimited resources of the FBI BAU2 are requested, and a task force formed by HCPD/SLED to seek justice for AB and the mounting number of innocent victims of this silent epidemic?
    Quote Originally Posted by meglor View Post
    This seems to be what a lot of people believe that I have spoken with about HE and the Drexel case here in LR and MB. It's so scary knowing that can be happening here.

Sadly meglor, this can happen anywhere, to anyone, at anytime, as shown by the many missing/murdered persons threads on websleuths.. Community awareness provided by local ms media and a well trained and equipped proactive police force are two very important necessities for insuring public safety, imo.
    Imo, the Myrtle Beach/Horry County SC community could use dramatic improvements in both of these very important areas.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/office-o...rdination/olec

In April 2002, the FBI’s Office of Law Enforcement Coordination (OLEC) was established to build bridges, create new partnerships, and strengthen and support existing relationships between the FBI and other federal agencies, as well as with state, local, tribal, and campus law enforcement; national and international law enforcement associations; and others within the law enforcement community.

<sniped from linked article & BBM for focus>

Details about the death of a woman whose body was found near the Robert Edge Pkwy remain unclear,

Early reports about her death indicated she had been shot, but authorities later determined that was not the cause of death.

An incident report released Monday indicates the circumstances of her death involved an argument, but Sgt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police later said that is an error. He said the circumstances around Berbiglia’s death remain unknown. Investigators on Monday still had not developed any suspect information.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...#storylink=cpy

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

FYI for locals;

WIS Investigates: Human Trafficking (Thursday, February 6)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKdchAOzvPc"]WIS Investigates: Human Trafficking (Thursday, February 6) - YouTube[/ame]

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=20615339

January 2013-South Carolina is one of four states that is being federally investigated and 12 people have been charged with trafficking women and girls. U.S. Attorney Edward Tarver said in a statement, "In what essentially amounts to slavery in the year 2013, the conduct described in the indictment against these defendants is reprehensible. Human trafficking is a cancer facing our society. This indictment confirms that the United States Attorney's Office and other federal and state law enforcement agencies are taking an aggressive stand to stop the victimization of women involved in sex trafficking."

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lstiff For This Useful Post:

This article talking about anyone who saw a woman or anyone else near the bridge, I hadn't seen before and don't know what to make of.

In the earlier articles where they were asking if anyone saw someone walking or standing on the bridge it doesn't mention gender. Are they referring to Amber here or is this just embellished reporting or something more specific that they were able to report on?

Hmmm...
    Exactly, thank-you, LR1, I should have only highlighted the WOMAN part.

If there was NOT a sexual assault on Amber, and if there was NO robbery, and since her head wound seemed extremely PERSONAL, then it's entirely possible that Amber was killed by a female.

JMO

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Without getting into alot of detail, there are way too many connections of people to both Heather and Amber for my liking.

I don't like coincdences.

One girl is dead and another missing (well, many missing). I don't like it.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Did Amber study with someone the day of her murder?

Were those her work clothes she was in, at Murphy's in the video?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    Here is where I made my mistake. So sorry to put misinfo in here!
    Amber Berbiglia was last seen alive on May 3. Around 1:30 that afternoon, her friends say she was seen near the Time Warner Cable store on Main Street.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/239367...biglias-murder

Our puppy ate my speaker jack, so I can't listen to this, but I saw a great shot of Amber's vehicle on the video. It's worth a revisit if you haven't watched it in a while.
    Please keep in mind, that ONLY Amber's friends have been referred to for the 1:30 pm time for Time Warner.

LE has NOT definitively given notice of Amber's exact last known location or time.

This is a fact worth remembering, IMO.

Please release some more details LE. The public WANTS to help. This girl did NOT deserve to die.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

FYI: My Horry News
    Today we're sitting down with Horry County police chief Saundra Rhodes to discuss the Heather Elvis missing person's case. What questions do you have for the chief?

https://www.facebook.com/MyHorryNews...1&notif_t=like

__________________________________________________ _____________

Imo, it wouldn't hurt to ask Chief Rhodes a question or two concerning AB's homicide investigation...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Here are 2 more pictures from Murphy's Gas Station PRIOR to 1:30 pm the day of Amber's murder.

I am presuming that man #2 must not be of interest, because he can barely be seen. It does seem as if man #1 turns to talk to him.

I am NOT sure if man #1 has been identified, but, I am very surprised that LE has not taken him out of this video, so, I'm thinking maybe he is an unknown person.

<modsnip>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LambChop; 02-06-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Blown margins. Removed images.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    [quote=Wondergirl;10206435]Here are 2 more pictures from Murphy's Gas Station PRIOR to 1:30 pm the day of Amber's murder.

I am presuming that man #2 must not be of interest, because he can barely be seen. It does seem as if man #1 turns to talk to him.

I am NOT sure if man #1 has been identified, but, I am very surprised that LE has not taken him out of this video, so, I'm thinking maybe he is an unknown person.

Looks like he's checking out her rear view. Which probably doesn't mean anything.
    Last edited by carbuff; 02-06-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: removed photos so they won't blow the margins
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Did Amber study with someone the day of her murder?

Were those her work clothes she was in, at Murphy's in the video?
    I know I read that she finished her finals that day, so HGTC would have surveillance I'm sure of what she was wearing...unless she went home first to change before paying her cable bill.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

I wouldn't think that the leopard print blouse would be what she would wear at her work its more like what she would have worn the night out the previous night. My question is was she still wearing this when found, if not I would say she had made it home after paying her bill and was most likely dressed for work. either way it would be good to know what she was wearing when found.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LR1 For This Useful Post:

I wouldn't think that the leopard print blouse would be what she would wear at her work its more like what she would have worn the night out the previous night. My question is was she still wearing this when found, if not I would say she had made it home after paying her bill and was most likely dressed for work. either way it would be good to know what she was wearing when found.
    I am unable to find a single photo of any staff at this restaurant, to try and determine their uniform, if any.

I am mildly surprised that it was fine dining restaurant that Amber worked at. I expected it to be another social pub type scene.

A Friday night at that restaurant would be extremely busy, I would think. No wonder they were calling Amber at 4 pm to see if she was coming.

Happy hour is from 4-7 pm.

http://www.myrtlebeachhappyhour.com/gregnormans.html

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

I am unable to find a single photo of any staff at this restaurant, to try and determine their uniform, if any.

I am mildly surprised that it was fine dining restaurant that Amber worked at. I expected it to be another social pub type scene.

A Friday night at that restaurant would be extremely busy, I would think. No wonder they were calling Amber at 4 pm to see if she was coming.

Especially in May, that's just when the tourist season is starting back up. The amount of people here in the summer compared to the winter is crazy. It's dead here now but summer is crazy.
    This is another reason I am shocked no one saw anything.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meglor For This Useful Post:

Without getting into alot of detail, there are way too many connections of people to both Heather and Amber for my liking.

I don't like coincdences.

One girl is dead and another missing (well, many missing). I don't like it.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't think they will turn out to be related. I don't know why I feel this way but something funny (as in strange) about the other case, I feel like that one could turn out way different than most people suspect.

She was a hostess there rather than a waitress according to that article so more than likely was just required to wear something nice and not necessarily a uniform.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LR1 For This Useful Post:

If there was NOT a sexual assault on Amber, and if there was NO robbery, and since her head wound seemed extremely PERSONAL, then it's entirely possible that Amber was killed by a female.

JMO
    I think you are on to something here. I wonder if it was a co-worker or fellow student who could have been in the car with her.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zuri For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    I think you are on to something here. I wonder if it was a co-worker or fellow student who could have been in the car with her.
    A jealous female. But, jealous of what? She was marrying a Spanyard.

I wish we had something, anything to dig on here.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't think they will turn out to be related. I don't know why I feel this way but something funny (as in strange) about the other case, I feel like that one could turn out way different than most people suspect.

She was a hostess there rather than a waitress according to that article so more than likely was just required to wear something nice and not necessarily a uniform.
    I do tend to agree they are unrelated. I just don't like coincidences.

Thanks for the hostess reminder. I thought she was dressed and ready for work.

Maybe she wasn't even planning on going to work.

Since she was readying to move back in with her Mom, and she was done exams and preparing to be married, maybe she really wasn't that committed to her hostess job. Hostesses make way less $ than servers. I'm surprised she even did that really?

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by meglor View Post
    Especially in May, that's just when the tourist season is starting back up. The amount of people here in the summer compared to the winter is crazy. It's dead here now but summer is crazy.
    This is another reason I am shocked no one saw anything.

RE: This is another reason I am shocked no one saw anything.
    Someone may have witnessed something meglor , but it was over 6 months before HCPD released any info and it was during the off season.. The witnesses may be 3 states away by then..

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

JMO
    BBM

Or a man that has a deep-seeded hatred for women and saw his opportunity to strike.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to TedMac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    I know I read that she finished her finals that day, so HGTC would have surveillance I'm sure of what she was wearing...unless she went home first to change before paying her cable bill.
    But something took her back out toward Old Sanders Rd. Why did she go west or away from the ocean, work, home? Was she forced to drive down the exit ramp and onto Old Sanders or was she going there by choice?

If she had gone there by choice and was on her way back to the Hwy., just before the underpass follow the road and coming back from the waterside end, there is a sharp turn. If she strayed over the center line she may have had a near miss with an oncoming vehicle. Someone could have been furious, made a u-turn and come after Amber.
    Last edited by Just K; 02-07-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

I do tend to agree they are unrelated. I just don't like coincidences.

Thanks for the hostess reminder. I thought she was dressed and ready for work.

Maybe she wasn't even planning on going to work.

Since she was readying to move back in with her Mom, and she was done exams and preparing to be married, maybe she really wasn't that committed to her hostess job. Hostesses make way less $ than servers. I'm surprised she even did that really?
    In fine dining, the hostess can be referred to as the maître d. The salary can be quite high. And, it appears that the uniform for the dining room is black pants, long white or black apron & white or black dress shirt and black tie. For some events and in the shark room it appears like it is the company logo black golf shirt and black pants. There are no pics of female servers!
    http://img1.10bestmedia.com/Images/P...28_550x370.jpg

http://img1.10bestmedia.com/Images/P...28_550x370.jpg

Likely, the hostess or maître D would be required to wear black & white dress clothes.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast