857 users online (179 members and 678 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

I wanted to start a thread here for Charles Ramsay, the hero who helped Amanda Berry and her daughter get to safety!

I read that he is a dishwasher at a restaurant. He seems like a very "real" American and I personally love this part of the story. Of course I am ecstatic about the young missing girls who were found. But, I wanted to say a special thank you to Charles because if he hadn't been there and if he hadn't done what he did, these young women would still be in that house of horrors.

Thank you, Charles Ramsay! You ROCK!!!
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

An absolute character, seems very genuine. Who was the guy that also helped? Angel, I think, he ran across the road at the same time. Both of them did great to help Amanda out of that house!

Quote Originally Posted by singers View Post
    An absolute character, seems very genuine. Who was the guy that also helped? Angel, I think, he ran across the road at the same time. Both of them did great to help Amanda out of that house!
    Yes, Charles is a character and seems like a great guy! I had never heard of another person helping. Thanks for adding that info.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Ordinary person doing an extraordinary thing. God bless Mr Ramsey. Rick Warrens book "Purpose Driven Life" came to mind when I heard about this story.

When I saw his first interview I thought "this is America!"

Thank you for overcoming your fears and doing the RIGHT thing, Charles! WAY TO GO!

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    Yes, Charles is a character and seems like a great guy! I had never heard of another person helping. Thanks for adding that info.
    His name is Angel Cordero.
    "Angel Cordero, one of two men who helped Ms. Berry escape by kicking in the door, said that she had appeared ragged — her clothes dirty, her teeth yellowed and her hair “messy” — and that the child with her had looked “very nervous,” as though she had never seen anything outside the house before."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/08/us...ping.html?_r=0
    Just my opinion

I'm not surprised Charles R. stepped up and played big. "There are heroes all around us all the time," as President Obama said in his first visit to Joplin MO after the deadly tornado, paying tribue to the notable acts of courage and decency.

I love this guy!!
    Both gentlemen are absolute heroes!!

Thanks Charles!! Thanks Angel!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4[/ame]
    Last edited by ChristYTN; 05-08-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: fixed the link
    RIP Megan Sharpton, you can rest now. We'll be your voice.

They just said on Fox 8 that he was swept up in a limo and taken to who knows where!
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

He is totally an unexpected hero. His truth's and passion were undeniable. I hope only good things come to him; in his future. His tape and off the cuff comments were just meant to go viral. You cannot turn away once he starts to tell that tale! It's an amazing thing that has happened. and yes, most of us really don't know our neighbors, at all. Not any more. People always say how could this happen, and I always say..."humans". Some are monsters, monsters do exist. They are human and they stalk. I have a horrific feeling that Mknight; may be very damaged in her mind and in the years she was held. I have this feeling she is broken. I hope that she gets the help she needs, I hope they all do. But three cheers Totally for Charles Ramsey; a household name! Our hats go off to you dude, for your willingness to not turn away.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    They just said on Fox 8 that he was swept up in a limo and taken to who knows where!
    Excellent! Everyone should be swept off in a Limo at least once in their lifetime! *I hv been too* I'm so happy to hear this; and I hope only the best for him and his family. Kudos, just huge huge Kudos, as he IS a Hero. No denying that.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Despite any stereotypes, he is funny, witty, intelligent, and entertaining. Props to him for abandoning his food to help, for his candid remarks about the lack of compassionate operators on 911, and for keeping it 100% clean in his interviews on GMA and CNN. The icing on the cake was when he showed Anderson Cooper his paycheck and told him that the girls should get the money if there was a reward. He disputed his title of hero, saying he was just a good Christian person who puts his pants on the same way you and I do.

JMO: he deserves some kind of recognition, free McDonalds food for life and an appearance on Letterman

I love me some AC, and I LOL'd when he was interviewing Charles because I got the impression that AC was sorta intimidated by him
    ~ VICE journalist Tim Pool
    Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG728 View Post

JMO: he deserves some kind of recognition, free McDonalds food for life and an appearance on Letterman

And I hope his friend will get to share some of the glory!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast