1220 users online (217 members and 1003 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    On helping save the life of Amanda's newborn:

'When I breathed life into that little girl it was amazing. I was proud of myself.'

Michelle goes on to explain that she is proud she hasn't ever had the need to do to people, what people did to her, has never felt the need to hurt people.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

When asked how she felt on the day she was rescued, Michelle says:

'Oh my God, it was terrifying! Because at first I thought we were being broken into....I ran straight into her (policewoman's) arms and said "Don't put me down, don't put me down!"...I wanted to kiss the ground and thank God for every day he kept me alive.'
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Michelle says therapy never really worked for her, and in the end she decided to returning to the pleasures of her past was a better path for her; singing, dancing, drawing, boxing and writing in her journal every day.

She says testifying was 'a healing process' for her. 'I wanted to let him know he didn't define me'.

Michelle is very, very concerned about missing people and urges everyone to remember: 'There are still missing people out there who need to be found. Even if we don't know their names.'

I don't know how such dreadful childhood and then adult experiences has resulted in such a lovely, courageous person......but isn't the world lucky to have Michelle Knight still here?

I can't even say how much I wish for unbroken peace of mind and happiness for her, forever more.

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    I meant to post yesterday and it went clean out of my head - Michelle Knight was due to give a long radio interview today on BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour. I managed to be out because I'd forgotten, and just caught the last few minutes.

From the comments coming in after, it sounded like it was amazing. Just hearing at the end, Michelle trying to explain about Castro - how he just wanted a family because his own had rejected him and how she understood that; and understands why some people aren't strong enough to overcome what 'they've been taught' as children......

I will try and see if it's going to be repeated, or made available online. Michelle also said she plans to open a multi-cultural restaurant. And hopes to find a trainer to take up boxing properly. When the interviewer queried her tinyness, Michelle told a story about nearly knockingout a 7ft tall fellow boxer!
    Here you go (full interview): Michelle Knight - BBC Radio's "Woman's Hour" 5/16/14

In case you missed any other interviews: http://www.clevelandkidnappings.com/apps/videos/channels/show/4083293-michelle-knight

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    Michelle's interview is available online now. I am just about to listen to it. The recording starts with unrelated news items, Woman's Hour follows straight after.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0436h12
    Zwiebel and CKIA thank you for posting all the information about Michelle's interviews. I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to read or listen to anything so I appreciate your information.

What an amazing woman. OMG how she stays so positive is a lesson for all of us.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    This has to be so difficult on both sides. For adoptive family and for Michelle.
    I don't know this boy so I can't say what would be best for him. It just seems like he would feel better knowing his mother loved him. That she had no choice in giving him up. I guess at the age of 14, it may cause other problems but I hope when he is old enough, he will get to meet his mother. She has to be thankful he is in a loving home and not with her family.

Since this is a support topic I just want to say: Michelle you're my hero. You're so strong it's completely unbelievable, you're whole life story touched me deeply and I'm just so happy you're free to live a good life now. Much love to you!
    ůman differs from the animal by the fact that he is a killer; he the only primate that kills and tortures members of his own species without any reason, either biological or economic, and who feels satisfaction in doing so.
    Erich Fromm (Anatomy of Human Destructiveness)

I hope with the income from this, Michelle will finally be able to move on with her life. I do wonder though how different will Amanda's and Gina's book be than Michelle's version. I suspect we will see major differences, and this is due to the Michelle being outcast from the other two. In the end I do wish her the all the best with her life, and hope she is finally moving forward.

I hope one day that Michelle will reunite with her son, one day when he is old enough to understand what happened to her (but can anyone really understand why that had to happen ) I watched her on the Dr.Phil show, she showed incredible strength and courage....I wish her a nice quiet and peaceful life and through the help of the professionals she can come to terms with her ordeal. God bless her x

Quote Originally Posted by Sinead1989 View Post
    I hope one day that Michelle will reunite with her son, one day when he is old enough to understand what happened to her (but can anyone really understand why that had to happen ) I watched her on the Dr.Phil show, she showed incredible strength and courage....I wish her a nice quiet and peaceful life and through the help of the professionals she can come to terms with her ordeal. God bless her x
    I hope so too but I think it would damage him to have to deal with meeting her now. It is so sad that after all her trials, she has lost the most important thing to her which was her relationship with her son. But at least he seems to be in good hands.
    I think she is looking wonderful and I really hope that her business succeeds.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7