As I Lay Dying's Tim Lambesis charged with seeking to have his wife killed

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/showbiz/singer-lambesis-arrested

(CNN) -- The lead singer of the metal band As I Lay Dying has been arrested and charged with seeking to have his wife killed, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department said.

Authorities said Tuesday that Tim Lambesis tried to contract an undercover detective posing as a killer for hire to murder his estranged wife, who lives in Encinitas, California.

Arraignment was set for Thursday afternoon at North Division Court in Vista.

The department said it learned on May 2 that Lambesis, 32, had asked someone to carry out the killing and an investigation was initiated.

More at link......

Singer's Wife Had No Concerns Before Alleged Murder Plot

Tim Lambesis' seemingly amicable divorce preceded his alleged murder-for-hire plan.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1707079/as-i-lay-dying-lambesis-divorce-documents.jhtml

As fans
 and investigators try to figure out the motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire scheme hatched by As I Lay Dying's Tim Lambesis, the details of the singer's divorce offer few clues.

Grammy-nominated Lambesis, 32, was arrested on Tuesday in a Barnes & Noble bookstore in Oceanside, California, and charged with three federal counts, including one of solicitation to commit murder and two of conspiracy to commit crime after he reportedly tried to hire an undercover detective he believed was a hit man. The September 2012 divorce documents indicate that Lambesis' split from his estranged wife, Meggan, was amicable, according to the Associated Press.

Meggan Lambesis reportedly did not fear for her life and other than some troubling changes she noted in her estranged husband's demeanor, she did not appear to have any major concerns about their split. ............more..........

I'm just glad that his wife wasn't laying there dying.

dang, what is up with people in rock bands and commiting crimes lately?

This guy, bassist in 3 doors down killing someone while driving drunk, and then the singer(?) of lost prophets molesting or conspiring to molest a child.

dang, what is up with people in rock bands and commiting crimes lately?

This guy, bassist in 3 doors down killing someone while driving drunk, and then the singer(?) of lost prophets molesting or conspiring to molest a child.

Well... You know what they say...

Rock 'N Roll is the music of the Devil! :devil: :guitar:

:D

Why do people who decide that they want to do away with someone seem to think that they can mention this to someone or other and then a hitman will magically appear? And the seeker doesn't think that this might be an undercover cop?

I guess the people who really do end up with a hit man get away with it, and we don't hear about it. It's just the dummies who get sucked in by LE that we hear about. That's not a very comforting thought. I can believe that his wife is terrified now.

eta: He look as mean and as mad as H#ll. IMO

Heavy metal singer Tim Lambesis pleads not guilty in murder-for-hire plot

http://www.today.com/entertainment/...besis-pleads-not-guilty-murder-hire-1C9873125

Heavy metal singer Tim Lambesis, the frontman for Christian rock band As I Lay Dying, pleaded not guilty on Thursday to a charge of soliciting the murder of his estranged wife.

North San Diego County Superior Court Judge Martin Staven set bail for Lambesis at $3 million. He ordered Lambesis to surrender his passport, stay away from his wife Meggan and their three children and remain in San Diego county except to meet with his attorney. ............

The singer gave the man he knew as 'Red' an envelope containing $1,000 in cash, photos of his wife, her address and codes to get through the security gates of her home, and a list of dates that would work well because he would have their three adopted children with him, Grasso said. ............

Lambesis is due to return to court for a preliminary hearing on July 10.

More at link.........

I think she was unconcerned *before* she knew of the alleged plot...afterwards, not so much. She is right to be concerned and scared, and in seclusion...it's pretty darned scary to know the man you were married to had contacted someone to kill you.

Before she knew of the plot is how I read the "unconcerned" aspect of things...

Best-
Herding Cats

Christian heavy metal singer blames steroid use for 'paying hitman $1000 to kill his wife'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inger-blames-steroid-use-taking-hit-wife.html

"The pumped-up frontman for a popular Christian heavy metal band is blaming 'roid rage' for his attempt to hire a hitman to kill his wife earlier this month.

Tim Lambesis, 32, began lifting weights, taking diet supplements last year in an effort to bulk up at the gym, his lawyer says.

The fitness regimen eventually led to Lambesis injecting steroids. The drugs, defense lawyer Thomas Warwick claims, turned him to violence.

'His thought processes were devastatingly affected by his steroid use,' he said in court in southern California earlier this month, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune."

Whaaaat? Aww man, I like them. Why'd he have to go and do that?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

I've always thought that Christian heavy metal bands must kind of sit on Heaven's fence, occasionally peering over the other side for inspiration, while secretly wishing they were Lemmy or one of those strange boys from Norway.

:fence:

Because they just never quite cut it, do they.

Anyway. That wasn't very Christian of him. I'm glad their children are not without their mother. I hope they don't find out why Daddy's in prison. :(

I'm curious how the courts will handle custody & visitation for him once he's out ..... I mean geeze louise.....jail time might educate him on how to become even more devious!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back