3 Escaped inmates from Lansing KS. 10, May 2013

raine1212

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.kctv5.com/story/22217306/two-state-manhunt-for-three-escaped-inmates-from-lansing-prison

LANSING, KS (KCTV) -
Three escapees from the Lansing Correctional Facility are believed to be holed up inside a residence west of Smithville Lake.

The home is on Route Z between Trimble and Edgerton in the Northland, possibly Clinton County. Chopper5 showed a busted in back door.

The inmates are believed to have fired shots at officers earlier Friday.

Scanner Thread
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1561

Oh, gosh. Everyone keep your head down there!!
What crimes had these jerks committed to be in jail in the first place?
Wait!! WHERE did these fine, upstanding , law-abiding citizens GET THEIR GUNS???

I hope no one gets hurt (but the jail-breakers, of course)

craziness everywhere!! Yikes!!

Good grief, what is in the water in KS?

Liquid LSD. Why? ....lolol

Now one news source (KCTV5) evidently is reporting two holed up and one still on the run.

Haven't checked into this just saw the headline.

No new info, just commenting.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/10/4228886/authorities-say-two-of-three-escaped.html

They were two of three minimum-security inmates who walked away...
...The three inmates, who were serving time for burglary or theft

Why are burglars held in a minimum security prison?!? A 'prisoner' can basically just 'walk out the door' in such low security prisons.

Up here, within the last month or so a couple men 'escaped' from a minimum security prison... they were there for (multi-million dollar) fraud schemes.

If anyone is in low security places, it should be people in for possession of drugs. Actually people shouldn't be in prison for crap like they, they should be in drug treatment.

This was local for me. I was actually in Edgerton while this was going on attending my 5 yr old granddaughter's pre-school graduation. Older granddaughter goes to the middle school that was in lock down over this. Son-in-law had his pager and we were listening to everything live as it was happening. We knew exactly which house they were in by the location given.

Soon as we were done I took the 5 yr old and the 15 month baby with me (daughter was on duty--EMT--but was able to attend) and headed in the opposite direction to my home. Other grandpa brought the 12 yr granddaughter to me after school. They didn't want me coming back that way to get her with the other 2 grandkids since the standoff was still going on.

Sure wish our little area would quit being in the news. Last year in Edgerton 2 sisters were murdered(he just got sentenced) and also in 2 other towns around (one I went to school in and one I grew up in) we had a murder and an attempted murder(same person committed these). He has now been sentenced also.

Only good thing so far was the MO Lottery winners were from this area and my son-in-law and lots of people I know, know them!! Wonderful folks!

This was local for me. I was actually in Edgerton while this was going on attending my 5 yr old granddaughter's pre-school graduation. Older granddaughter goes to the middle school that was in lock down over this. Son-in-law had his pager and we were listening to everything live as it was happening. We knew exactly which house they were in by the location given.

Soon as we were done I took the 5 yr old and the 15 month baby with me (daughter was on duty--EMT--but was able to attend) and headed in the opposite direction to my home. Other grandpa brought the 12 yr granddaughter to me after school. They didn't want me coming back that way to get her with the other 2 grandkids since the standoff was still going on.

Sure wish our little area would quit being in the news. Last year in Edgerton 2 sisters were murdered(he just got sentenced) and also in 2 other towns around (one I went to school in and one I grew up in) we had a murder and an attempted murder(same person committed these). He has now been sentenced also.

Only good thing so far was the MO Lottery winners were from this area and my son-in-law and lots of people I know, know them!! Wonderful folks!

We are moving to Ft.Leavenworth next month and they locked down all of the schools when this happened. I was excited about this move but here in the past just thinking of driving there next month scares me with all that has happened this past week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are moving to Ft.Leavenworth next month and they locked down all of the schools when this happened. I was excited about this move but here in the past just thinking of driving there next month scares me with all that has happened this past week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome!! My husband works on Ft. Leavenworth. He actually works in the old prison that has been converted into offices. I grew up over on the MO side so living around all these prisons it was just something we lived with. I don't really remember very many break outs and even now I do have to say I still feel safe here.

Every place seems to have their crazies and we are no exception.

I do hope you enjoy your time here in this area. If I can answer any questions about the area for you just let me know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back