664 users online (72 members and 592 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - 11 kids removed from Pontiac home after 3yr old found wandering

Deputies located the girl's parents in their home a street over from where the girl was found and were told she was one of 11 children in the house. They ranged in age from 9 months to 16 years old

removed 11 children from a Pontiac home with "deplorable" conditions Friday morning after finding one of the youngsters, a 3-year-old girl, wandering the neighborhood overnight.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2SvI0FT4n

It feels odd to hit the "thanks" button after reading something like this but this story needs to be out there along with all the rest of the madness.

My heart goes out to these children , whoever they are,whoever their parents are ; but Oh, my goodness, WHY , WHY do people continue to have children they cannot take care of properly??? It is not "poverty" that creates this problem , it is poor choices and no self control.......and borders on ...a form of abuse......
    just some thoughts....valid ..or not...do not know the real story here, of course....just a general comment.....and a bit of ranting.

I'm struggling with the idea of having a 4th... and I don't even have a THIRD yet!
    Maybe 3 is too many...

From WNEM link

The Oakland County sheriff's office says in a release that someone reported seeing the child about 1:15 a.m. Friday knocking on doors and trying to open doors to parked vehicles.

Child Protective Services was notified due to poor living conditions in the home and because there was no running water.

....and we're in America. No running water with eleven children in the house.

Feeling very badly for the 16 year old and any older kids. They know what is going on. That has to be mortifying.