622 users online (75 members and 547 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Barry Swegle for bulldozing neighbors' homes, Port Angeles, 2013

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,3023344.story

A man in Port Angeles, Wash., went on a rampage with a bulldozer Friday afternoon after quarreling with a neighbor and plowed through four structures, a pickup truck and a power line, cutting electricity to homes as far as 20 miles away.
    Caused a large power outage and damaged four homes because he's mad at his neighbors.
    If there is anything worse than the sandwiches, it is the sausages which sit next to them. Joyless tubes, full of gristle, floating in a sea of something hot and sad, stuck with a plastic pin in the shape of a chef’s hat: A memorial, one feels, for some chef who hated the world, and died, forgotten and alone among his cats on a back stair in Stepney. – Douglas Adams

Wow, that guy must have some temper! Now, hopefully, he will be in jail and won't be a threat to his neighbors anymore. I wonder what they were arguing about.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/susp...omes-fr/nXnjG/

According to investigators, Swegle was angry with several neighbors over fence lines he felt were too close to his home.
    If there is anything worse than the sandwiches, it is the sausages which sit next to them. Joyless tubes, full of gristle, floating in a sea of something hot and sad, stuck with a plastic pin in the shape of a chef’s hat: A memorial, one feels, for some chef who hated the world, and died, forgotten and alone among his cats on a back stair in Stepney. – Douglas Adams

Fence lines! He bulldozed homes because of that? Wow

Very peeved. Quite peeved. Peeved beyond the limits of human endurance peeved.

It wasn't me. I don't have a bulldozer.

I will confess to being tempted at times. But never seriously.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post

I also confess: My first thought when I saw this story was, "There, but for the grace of God and access to earth-moving equipment, go I."

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Very peeved. Quite peeved. Peeved beyond the limits of human endurance peeved.
    Ha ha ha! I REALLY hope he knew no one was in the house at the time!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3255424.html

Jesse Major, a 19-year-old student who said his grandmother lives in one of the damaged homes, told the paper that Swegle is known in the neighborhood because he sometimes digs seemingly random holes with a bulldozer late at night.

(Bold by me)

It's really not funny, but at the same time it kind of is.

I've felt annoyed at neighbors in the past, too, but the most I've ever done is stew around in my house a little. Surely he could have appealed to the proper authorities to have his property lines and the offending fences checked instead of mowing down everything in sight.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ar...ldozer-rampage

Main said he called 9-1-1 emergency dispatchers for help because Swegle was headed that direction and Main thought he was not veering away from other neighbors running from the bulldozer.
    Swegle then reportedly continued northeast toward Davis' home, where Davis' wife, Mary, 74, was resting inside.

Davis said he had tried to call her on his cell phone as Swegle approached the house but could not get through immediately.

“I told her to get the heck out of there,” Davis said when his wife called back.
    Last edited by BuzzieCat; 05-12-2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Add

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    I also confess: My first thought when I saw this story was, "There, but for the grace of God and access to earth-moving equipment, go I."

It is funny but so NOT funny!!! I feel bad for laughing!!

Wonder why he was digging random deep holes. He could have hit gas or cable lines doing that. Now he can argue over which bunk to sleep in for awhile in a small confined space.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-neighborhood/

A man who went on a bulldozing rampage in his neighborhood after a dispute with a neighbor will soon be released from prison, while his former neighbors are still dealing with the wreckage he left behind.

Barry Swegle, 51, of Port Angeles, Washington, pleaded guilty to seven counts of first-degree malicious mischief and three counts of reckless endangerment three months ago for his bulldozer attack on his neighborhood last year. Swegle was sentenced to 29 months in state prison.

With time served and time off for good behavior, he could be released as early as next month, which his former neighbor Dan Davis is not happy about. “Our justice stinks,” Davis told “20/20.”

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    OH my gosh, I almost died laughing at your comment. Something about the way you phrased it just completely amused me and sounded like something i would say. Thank goodness that most of us don't have access to earth-moving equipment, lol!

I can understand how neighbors can drive you nuts and things get really tense in neighborhoods and the city and people get quite territorial. Once upon a time I happily lived in the city but now i am so thankful to live in a place where the only neighbors for miles are our in-laws and they are half a mile away.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html