Thread: NC - AMBER ALERT: Christina Grace Koonce, 3, Lincolnton, 12 May 2013

Exclamation NC - AMBER ALERT: Christina Grace Koonce, 3, Lincolnton, 12 May 2013

Amber Alert issued for 3-year-old in Lincoln County

The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office issued an Amber Alert on Sunday for a 3-year-old girl who it said was abducted by her mother's boyfriend.

[snip]

The girl's mother had recently moved to Lincolnton from Washington, N.C., and Troy Koonce drove from Washington to Lincolnton to convince the mother to move back, the spokesman said. The two adults got into an argument, and Troy Koonce took Christina and left with her, the spokesman said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

The little girl was last seen wearing a pink shirt with flowers, gray sweat pants. Christina stands about three feet tall and weighs approximately 32 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue hazel eyes.

Authorities said Troy could possibly be headed for Washington N.C. He was last seen driving a 1998 White Dodge Caravan with N.C. license plate BCC2470.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/Amber...207145111.html
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

The little girl has this man's last name, but the article said he is NOT her father. That worries me. I hope he is not angry at the mother for cheating or something. That is not a good situation.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Endangered Missing: CHRISTINA KOONCE (NC)

CHRISTINA KOONCE, Age Now: 3, Missing: 05/12/2013. Missing From LINCOLNTON, NC. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Lincoln County Sheriff's Office (North Carolina) 1-704-735-8202.

Case Type: Family Abduction

Circumstances: Christina was allegedly abducted by Troy Koonce, on May 12, 2013. A felony warrant is on file for Troy. Christina was last seen wearing a pink shirt and gray sweatpants. Troy was last seen wearing a brown tank top, blue jeans, brown shoes and a blue baseball cap. He has a tattoo on his right forearm of a heart with a sword. They may be traveling in a white 1998 Dodge Caravan with North Carolina license plates BCC6470.

More...
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 05-13-2013 at 12:41 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Seymour Krelborn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    The little girl has this man's last name, but the article said he is NOT her father. That worries me. I hope he is not angry at the mother for cheating or something. That is not a good situation.
    I'm trying to figure out the family dynamic as well. She is listed as a "family abduction". The news article states that Koonce was the boyfriend of Christina's mother, but is not Christina's father. Leaves me scratching my head.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaborDayRN For This Useful Post:

If Christina's mother had been raising her with Troy, she may have considered him her step-father. Not biological, but still "family".

The article says that her mother recently moved away (not sure why) and Troy went to try to convince her to come back. Apparently that didn't go well.

For the best possible outcome here, I'm hoping that Troy does consider himself to be Christina's father. And he is upset because she was "taken away" from him, so he took her. And has no intention of harming her. That's my hope.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

No picture of Christina yet, but here is Troy.

Troy was last seen wearing a brown tank top, blue jeans, brown shoes and a blue baseball cap. He has a tattoo on his right forearm of a heart with a sword.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Lincoln County Girl Found

[snip]

The child was located early this morning unharmed.

http://www.wlos.com/shared/news/feat...nd-11615.shtml

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Frannie For This Useful Post:

THANK GOODNESS.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Tsk tsk. Mom lied. TK is the father and is listed so on the birth certificate. Not a kidnapping.
    http://www.wbtv.com/story/22230486/m...ng-amber-alert
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post: