1st space video

Beautiful!!!!

(and I just happen to be a Space nut lol-had tix for the last Shuttle Launch).

He needs to stay up there awhile and also cover Bowie's "Spaceman" and "Life on Mars?"

Great stuff.

In related news, 78,000 have signed up for a 1 way ticket to Mars so far.

I have been following Chris Hadfield on twitter for some time, enjoying his photos, comments and videos, but I have to say that when I woke up this morning and watched his Space Oddity video, I found myself tearing up (sniff, sniff). The beauty of space and the perpsective it provides to us as humanity is breathtaking. Chris has made this accessible to so many of us earthlings and gotten a new generation of young people fascinated with science and space.

As my son said to me yesterday, isn't it strange that we are wistful that Chris will not be sending messages from space anymore and that we feel that he is going 'away', when in fact he is coming back home to earth.

I will be watching the splashdown tonight and hope Chris and his two fellow cosmonauts a safe journey. And may those who remain in the ISS have an uneventful yet productive stay.

Well said. There's something about this, or his voice, that's a bit haunting, and I sniffed a little myself. :yourock:

If anyone is interested, they are undocking right now and you can watch it live on nasa tv.

You can also watch the re-entry and splashdown in Kazakhstan later this evening. They will be showing live coverage between 9:15 and 11:00 EST, with splashdown expected around 10:30.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Damn! Here I am impressed all over again. After a week of watching the horror play out in the Philippines, more children murdered, domestic violence, gang violence and predators, I again happened upon Col. Hadfield's inspiring video....putting life into perspective again.

Chris Hadfield was on Conan last night (what? they shoot their dirty underwear into space??) and he is promoting his book. I am definitely going to have to buy a couple of copies for Christmas gifts this year!

I am still in awe every time I watch this video. Such spectacular views of the tiny little planet we all share.

http://youtu.be/KaOC9danxNo

I dare each of you to watch this and NOT be in awe!!

That was amazing! Thank you very much for sharing that video.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back