941 users online (180 members and 761 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Cedric Holland for attempted kidnapping of 7yo girl, Sacramento, 2013

Girl escapes kidnapper's car trunk in Sacramento

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/13/5417247/girl-escapes-kidnappers-car-trunk.html

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento County authorities are praising the quick-thinking of a 7-year-old girl who was kidnapped off the street and thrown into her abductor's car trunk, but managed to escape.

Sheriff's Department Sgt. Jason Ramos said the girl was walking with her mother and two siblings in south Sacramento on Saturday afternoon when a man pulled up next to the family, grabbed the girl and drove off.

Ramos says the man had traveled only a couple of blocks when the girl jumped out of the trunk while the car was moving. She suffered scrapes but was otherwise uninjured.

He says investigators don't want to reveal how the girl freed herself from the trunk because it might give kidnappers ideas for how to thwart escapes by future victims.

The man was a stranger to the girl and her family.
    I didn't see a thread for this

Police drawing of suspect

http://www.news10.net/news/article/2...ter-kidnapping

Witnesses described the abductor as between 25 and 35 years old with light-brown skin, between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall, with black, shoulder-length hair worn either in braids or dreadlocks.

Neighbors said it was at the corner of 47th Avenue and 54th Street where the man grabbed the little girl and threw her in the trunk of his car.

That must have been quite a scare for the girl and for her mother and siblings. I'm so glad she got away. I hope the kidnapper is found quickly before he can grab another child. It was pretty bold of him to grab her when her mother was right there.

Where is her father?
    I realize the man who took her is a stranger, but could her father have had him do it?

Wow, what a smart little one. So very glad she is safe.

I cannot believe he grabbed her right there in front of mom in broad daylight!!!
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Where is her father?
    I realize the man who took her is a stranger, but could her father have had him do it?
    That would be less frightening I guess than thinking some pedophile or sex trader kidnapped her.

I am trying to figure out the mechanics of it all. How does he grab the girl, pop the trunk, put her in and close it, then go to drivers door and drive away, while Mom was right there?

Did he have a weapon or an accomplice?

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post

The drawing kind of looks like this guy (second picture)

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/photo.../photo-178214/

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I am trying to figure out the mechanics of it all. How does he grab the girl, pop the trunk, put her in and close it, then go to drivers door and drive away, while Mom was right there?

Did he have a weapon or an accomplice?

I think two of her siblings were with her and mom. Maybe mom was distracted and the 7 year old was a bit ahead or behind them? IDK, good question.

I think two of her siblings were with her and mom. Maybe mom was distracted and the 7 year old was a bit ahead or behind them? IDK, good question.
    She must have been walking in front of or behind her mom, far enough away that mom couldn't struggle with him.

The drawing kind of looks like this guy (second picture)

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/photo.../photo-178214/

Good lookout, time.

Poor child. Good for her being wise enough to get out of that trunk.

He says investigators don't want to reveal how the girl freed herself from the trunk
    because it might give kidnappers ideas for how to thwart escapes by future victims.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/13/541...#storylink=cpy

Covey said the little girl explained how she managed to escape from the trunk of the car.

"When he snatched her, he threw her in, and he tried to close it,
    but he didn't close it all the way 'cause of her leg, her foot was still there,"
    Covey said.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/2...ter-kidnapping

So, let me get this straight.
    The cops don't want to say "the dumba$$ didn't put her leg all the way in the trunk."
    Because that might be a clue to other would be abductors?

I mean, I do realize that abductors are not always the brightest bulbs in the shed.
    But MOST of them realize that your victims whole body should be in the trunk before you close it, right?

Isn't this like kindergarten stuff here?
    "Keep your arms and legs in the ride at all times."
    This guy shouldn't be too difficult to find...

Brave girl for jumping out of a moving car.
    I wonder when Mr Smarty Pants realized she was gone?

Officer Michele Gigante, spokeswoman for the Sacramento Police Department, said city police have talked with sheriff's investigators and are trying to determine whether the abductor in this case was the man involved in a similar incident about 3:55 p.m. Wednesday at Honor Parkway and Bill Bean Circle in the North Natomas area. In that case, Gigante said, an 11-year-old girl was walking home when she was approached by a man in an SUV who got out and told her to get in the vehicle.

The girl ran away.

The description of the man – an African American in his 20s, with long hair – is similar to that of the man in Saturday's kidnapping, although the vehicles were different.
    http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/14/541...napper-in.html

They need to find this guy. He's going to strike again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast