745 users online (83 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

OH-Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

Please continue here. Also - please remember that we have a forum here and posters may make topical threads to discuss case aspects in depth and keep all the information together.

No pictures or naming of minors or innocent individuals.

Thanks!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeInLA View Post
    Ok, ignore me. Sorry!

I swear I read the name Elliot somewhere, but apparently not on the house.
    You did read the name ElliotC! Someone at the time of Gina's abduction, reportedly mentioned a car with the license plate "ElliotC"...

Regarding AC walking around his cell nude. Could that be his retaliation for people checking on him so frequently? Nudity of a stranger makes most people uncomfortable, makes most people look away. So maybe they won't watch him so close or at least he can make them uncomfortable in looking.

Flossing with strings from the bed. Yuck, but same principal.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Continuing here..........

Has the police issued any statements about the brother's???

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Well, they were cleared of any involvement whatsoever within days of their arrest. Pedro had an outstanding open container warrant and Onil just happened to be in the car with his brother when police pulled Ariel over. He was taken in to be questioned due to probable cause and simply being in the car with his brother. I have no doubt that they were not involved as I am sure whatever Amanda, Gina, and Michelle reported must have cleared them and only pointed to Ariel.

Their interview the other day was sad, I felt sorry for them. They are horrified by what their brother did, have no sympathy for him and are afraid for their lives due to death threats etc.

I'm wondering if this strange behavior by AC is all an act. I would like to know more about the circumstances of how berry got out. Did he leave her out, etc? Maybe a mental illness he had is just tumbling downhill? Or was it a mistake that berry got out and this is all an act

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Regarding AC walking around his cell nude. Could that be his retaliation for people checking on him so frequently? Nudity of a stranger makes most people uncomfortable, makes most people look away. So maybe they won't watch him so close or at least he can make them uncomfortable in looking.

Flossing with strings from the bed. Yuck, but same principal.
    If he is trying to manipulate behavior of the prison guards, he is sadly mistaken. Highly doubt any of his behavior would be a surprise for his guards. He is now where he belongs, and they know how to handle him, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Yes, they said no evidence whatsoever that brothers knew anything.
    Just my opinion

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-k...1#.UZK3KSsjrbE

Officer Anthony Espada , the first Cleveland Police officer to arrive at 2207 Seymour Ave., the scene of last Monday's dramatic rescue of three kidnapped women imprisoned as sex slaves for a decade, described discovering the women as "very overwhelming" in the first public account of their discovery by police.
    Officers tell from their point of view what the rescue was like.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/05/14/...nessee-family/

While Amanda was in captivity, her mother, Louwana Miller, died in 2006 after being hospitalized for pancreatitis. After Amanda escaped from captivity, she made it a priority to visit her mother’s grave to pay her respects.

“She went to the cemetery this morning,” Curtis told the Daily News on May 13.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...sEnabled=false

The backyard of Ariel Castro’s house of horrors looked like a junkyard — with a couple of menacing touches.

A thick roll of barbed wire and a length of chain were spotted amidst the clutter piled behind the home on Seymour Ave. in Cleveland.

A plastic kiddie basketball hoop sat near a generator, a ladder stood open, and a couple of rusty bikes leaned on a fence in the cramped yard.

There was also a newer Barbie two-wheeler — something for a small girl to ride. A mirror affixed near the home’s back door afforded Castro a full view of anyone coming into the driveway

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2TJMVjHvC

Originally Posted by Tugela

I was thinking about the third daughter, the one who tried to kill her child. According to reports, she suffered from manic depression. I bet her father is like that as well, bi-polar, which could explain his behaviour. Why he appeared to be a perfectly normal guy most of the time, but was given over to bouts of extreme behaviour at other times.
    This guy is not bipolar. He is the epitome of antisocial personality disorder. He is the very definition of a sociopath. Every thing he did lacked compassion and empathy, cold, calculating, taunting, evil. His entire life was about controlling others.

Did you read the article where one relative said he used to take his nephews and nieces out and do these really bizarre things like buy one hamburger, tear it into 4 pieces, and then watch them eat it. Same with the soda, he would mark the cup and make sure each of them sipped up to a specific line. I will try to find it. I read it the other day. His nephew said he was always freaked out by him.

Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder with periods of extreme mania and then periods of extreme depression. It has nothing to do with lacking empathy or cruelty. He could have never pulled this off for ten years if he was bipolar, he would have lacked the control he needed over himself to constantly control those poor women.

This entire case sickens me, and from what I have been reading, the signs that Ariel was sociopathic were all over the place. His ability to wear a "mask" so that others would find him lovable and nice while beating his wife like an animal behind closed doors was a giant red flag. Oh and that mannequin. So creepy.
    I bought this over from the last thread.
    The part about the nephews and nieces... It really struck a chord with me. I had an uncle who my siblings and I were petrified of, he would walk into Nan's place while we were all having lunch and chatting and the mood would turn sombre, everyone would look down and just eat, if he were at the table people didn't speak... We were always scared of him, not scared that he'd do anything specific, but scared to be near him and scared to talk in front of him etc. years later I heard that Nan (his mum) would actually cross the road to avoid him if she saw him down the street (in the shopping area of town).
    One night he went to where his ex wife, her partner and his kids were and shot and killed his ex and her partner and left his kids there and drove off. I was only about 16 at the time, but I had no idea he would be capable of that. But at 16, I don't know if you really think about these things happening either.
    Looking back, now as an adult, I guess it doesn't surprise me. If Nan was scared of him, I wonder why? Did something happen? Could this have been prevented if the adults around him actually noticed the warning signs? There was obviously something very off about him.
    I'd like to think that if I were in a similar situation now, 20 something years on, that I'd be able to pick someone who would be capable. But the reality is, we can't always be fully aware of the monsters that walk amongst us...
    TBH, we also forget things! I'd not once thought of my uncle in years and definitely not in relation to any thread I've read on WS, until the above post. Do we compartmentalise and not put things together because we 'hide bad things away' in our memories? Could this be why family are so surprised? Do they now sit there putting it all together? I wonder... Regardless, I feel for them. I know I struggled to deal with the fact that my blood relation is a murderer.
    L K out L K out, there are catterpillars about!

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    I'm wondering if this strange behavior by AC is all an act. I would like to know more about the circumstances of how berry got out. Did he leave her out, etc? Maybe a mental illness he had is just tumbling downhill? Or was it a mistake that berry got out and this is all an act

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it's all an act. He's hoping to build a case for an insanity defense. Just my gut feeling.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast