Match! NY - NYC, WhtMale UP5594, 30-50, hit by train, Jan'06 *Gregory DeVita*

Snufamonbobball

But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou
Reaction score
I just submitted this PM for NamUs case #5594 today. We'll see what happens. Union Township, NJ (where the MP is from) is only about 25 min from where the John Doe was found.

Namus Case# 5594-WARNING-POST MORTEM PHOTO AT LINK
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5594

Possible Match: Gregory De Vita
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/devita_gregory.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15120/0/

Commonalities:
25 min from LKA location to point of recovery.
De Vita listed as 5' 8", JD listed as 5' 8"
Both have hazel eyes.
Missing date and recovery date are BOTH 1/19/2006.
Overall good similarity (minus the hairline which is hidden on the JD) in photos.
De Vita is 48, JD is estimated to be 30-50.

Minuses
Weight discrepancy.
I can't see the hairline on the JD, so I can't compare that.

:twocents: So what does everyone think?

Looks good.

If the lack of clothing description indicates the UID really wasn't wearing any clothes (and not just that the police office couldn't track down what he was wearing) then that ties in with the schizophrenia. There's only 4 non-bizarre reasons someone will be naked on train tracks... hypothermia, foul play, a prank, or some sort of pscyhotic episode.

Looks good to me.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Only thing is the weight. UID says 170, MP says 135. That's a big difference. I agree there are similarities, but have a good look at the eyebrows high on the head of the UID and low on the brow of the MP, But you know what I have never been good real good at the picture comparison and I really hope this guy gets his name back.

Great job, I'm hoping for you!

I spoke with the NamUs case manager this morning, and this probably won't be an super fast match or exclusion as there aren't any dentals on file for Mr. De Vita and the DNA sample that's being processed is a distant relative from the father's side. She agreed this is a compelling possible match, and is going to contact LE and the ME herself to help expedite the process.

Some medications they use for psychosis often cause rapid weight gain. If he has no close family it could be that the weight given for the MP was an old estimate.

Gregory DeVita is now listed as "Found"

And this UID's casefile is now restricted from public view.

Hmmmm.

Well done, Snuf, you're a supersleuther!

It does make me wonder how many of these cases are there for the solving. I can't believe these weren't connected sooner.

Got word from a reliable source that the match of this John Doe to Gregory DeVita has been confirmed.

Congrats Snuf. You did it again!!!

Snuf, you rock! Thank you for helping to bring another person home.

Snuf, you rock.

But seriously... how the hell did LE not catch this? SAME FREAKING DAY.

Awesome job, snuf! You really have a knack for this! Thank you for all your hard work on these UID's and matches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back