1325 users online (196 members and 1129 guests)  

Websleuths News

SC - Carly, 7, & Sawyer Simpson, 5, slain, dad injured, Dacusville, 14 May 2013

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...-investigation

Two children are dead and warrants have been signed charging their mother with shooting them and her husband, who has life-threatening injuries, while they were in bed in their Dacusville home, authorities said.

Warrants charge Suzanna Brown Simpson, 35, of 307 Cherokee Trail, Easley, with two counts of murder, attempted murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.

Simpson’s children, Carly Ashlyn Simpson, 7, and Sawyer Russell Simpson, 5, were killed, according to warrants.

Solicitor Walt Wilkins said if there is a conviction, the case qualifies for the death penalty and said he would review information as it becomes available.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...8#.UZLDjLXrxYw

Suzanna Simpson was found hurt in a wrecked pickup truck outside her family's home in Pickens County around 6 a.m. Tuesday, deputies said. She told paramedics "OK, OK, I shot my whole family," which sent officers rushing to the house, authorities said.

She appeared to be talking right after she arrived. A nurse told investigators that Simpson said, "I shot my kids, then my husband, and tried to shoot myself several times, but couldn't do it," according to arrest warrants.

*but she could shoot her children as they slept! and husband!

http://easley.patch.com/articles/war...video-14348989

Carly and Sawyer Simpson both attended Dacusville Elementary School.

“Dacusville Elementary is deeply saddened by the loss of two of our children, Carly and Sawyer Simpson," DES principal, Dr. Michael Fleming said. "Both students were very special to the faculty, staff, and children of our school. Carly had a beautiful smile that brightened everyone’s day. Sawyer’s excitement for learning was contagious. Our heartfelt condolences go to the family.”

Carly’s first grade teacher, Nancy Zeigler, described Carly as “sweetness defined.”

She was a very smart little girl who loved to help her fellow classmates,” Zeigler said. “She was a leader in the classroom and loved by all.”

Sawyer’s 4K teacher, Jama Freeman, said that Sawyer was “enthusiastic, adventurous and creative. He loved to build with Lego’s. We will miss Sawyer’s smile in our classroom.”

Thirteenth Circuit Solicitor Walt Wilkins said the case qualifies for the death penalty, because it involves multiple homicides and children under the age of 11.

What would push a mother to the point of killing her beautiful children and trying to kill her husband too as they slept? How horrible but at least they didn't see it coming. Then when it comes to killing herself, she can't do it. I hope she will get the death penalty. This sort of thing is just so very sad.

Well, I was ok, until I saw those kids.

Those beautiful, precious children....I just want to cry.

How could their own mother do such a terrible thing?

I just don't understand these parents who do this. I mean, obviously she knew it was wrong or she wouldn't have immediately confessed to the paramedics. It'll be interesting to see what excuse she has for this (if one at all). Her kids are gone, she can't hurt them anymore, now if her husband lives who knows what the aftermath of being shot in the head will be for him. Awful. I hope he recovers!
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...-from-hospital

Suzanna Brown Simpson, the Dacusville woman charged last week with murder in the deaths of her two children and attempted murder of her husband, was released from Greenville Memorial Hospital and was on her way to the Pickens County Detention Facility, according to a statement released by the Sheriff’s Office.

Her husband, Michael, remained hospitalized in critical condition, officials said.

http://www.thestate.com/news/state/s...e83997782.html

More than three years after two Dacusville children were found dead in their beds and their father seriously injured, their mother, who was charged with murder, will have her day in court on Monday...

She is pleading not guilty by reason of insanity, according to 13th Circuit Solicitor Walt Wilkins.

I wonder if her husband fully recovered from the gunshot wound?
    Of course she is pleading insanity... How about taking a walk or spending the weekend in a hotel by yourself before you slaughter your innocent children? Maybe there are isolated cases of real insanity when these mothers kill their children but I will need to see proof of a long history of severe mental illness before I could agree to an insanity defense.
    I just can't imagine...

Defense Attorney John Mauldin told jurors Suzanna Simpson, 38, suffered from bipolar disorder brought on by Postpartum depression. He described bouts of odd behavior such as suspecting her home was being bugged and neighbors were drug dealers, all of which were untrue.

But in opening statements, Solicitor Walt Wilkins said Simpson knew right from wrong and she should be convicted on the murder and attempted murder charges.
    http://wspa.com/2016/06/20/pickens-c...anity-defense/

Four days of testimony ended Thursday with Simpson found guilty of murder. The 38-year-old was sentenced to life in prison.

Jurors rejected the defense arguments that she did not know right from wrong and should be found not guilty by reason of insanity or guilty but mentally ill.
    http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/23/mom-who-...ife-in-prison/