1508 users online (252 members and 1256 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NC - Melissa Huggins-Jones, 30, murdered in her Raleigh home, 14 May 2013

Detectives said just after 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, a 911 caller reported that an 8-year-old girl came up to construction workers to get help for her mother, who she said was hurt in a nearby apartment building.

"A little girl came out in the street, out in the parking lot here saying my mom has blood all over her, or what looked like blood, whatever and she was not responsive," said the caller.

When police and emergency workers got there, they found 30-year-old Melissa Dawn Huggins-Jones deceased.

Police said no suspects were in custody and the investigation was ongoing.

Friends told the ABC station in Chattanooga, Tenn., that Huggins-Jones had just moved to Raeligh about two weeks ago from Tennessee. They also said she had a 12-year-old son in addition to her daughter. She was divorced and sharing custody of her children.

However, the friends said her son could not transfer this far into the school year so he remained in Tennessee with his father.

While police investigate the murder, friends and co-workers back in Tennessee are overcome with emotion.

Snipped from: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=9101836

Wow. What in heaven's name?

Aww. Poor little girl. RIP mom.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

How will this young child ever get that scene our her mind....her own mother murdered?

Horrific.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Huggins-Jones' family said Melissa had deleted her Facebook account on May 11, just four days before she was found dead. Officers plan to search the Facebook account in hopes of learning more details about the victim and to "develop a possible suspect."
    http://www.wncn.com/story/22247083/d...ar-north-hills
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

A construction worker then found the body of Melissa Dawn Huggins-Jones (pictured), 30, on a bed inside an apartment.

~~

The building where the body was found is the only one occupied in the area; the rest of the complex is under construction.
    http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top...igh-5425.shtml
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

Quote:
    Huggins-Jones' family said Melissa had deleted her Facebook account on May 11, just four days before she was found dead. Officers plan to search the Facebook account in hopes of learning more details about the victim and to "develop a possible suspect."
    http://www.wncn.com/story/22247083/d...ar-north-hills
    The deletion of her FB is very interesting indeed.

I wonder if RPD will do a press release or news briefing. Wondering whether this is random has got to be terrifying for the people in the area.

(I'm kind of feeling a "déjà vu" about it, IYKWIM...)

There are no words to express my feelings about the children, especially the daughter.

"Covered in blood" makes me think it was a stabbing (they haven't released the COD yet). If that's the case, then usually it is someone she knows on a somewhat intimate level. I wonder why she chose to move to NC of all places? Was she from there? Have friends there? Job related?

Prayers for her children, I hope they both get counseling.

4PM from WRAL

RALEIGH, N.C. — Police investigating the homicide of a young mother found dead in her Raleigh apartment near North Hills said Wednesday they have not yet determined whether the crime was random.
    http://www.wral.com/raleigh-pd-searc...ling/12450306/

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    "Covered in blood" makes me think it was a stabbing (they haven't released the COD yet). If that's the case, then usually it is someone she knows on a somewhat intimate level. I wonder why she chose to move to NC of all places? Was she from there? Have friends there? Job related?
    It's been reported that she had family nearby (I think an hour or so away?) and that she had taken a job at a local bank in the area.

OPERATOR: "Lie her flat on her back and remove any pillows.

CALLER: "I think it is too late for that."

Once the man touches her arm, he says the body felt cold.

CALLER: "She is cold. Cold as ice ma'am and I don't think there is a pulse."

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/22263203...d-womans-death
    So if she sent a text just before midnight to a friend and is cold as ice by 7.30am, I'd guess she was murdered closer to midnight. MOO

Rip Melissa.
    * ** ........................ *

........Vultures................ L.U.S.T. spells Love

Runt of the litter...........Los Vigilantes...........

very sad. That poor little girl. How very frightening and confusing. I wish she never had to see her mother like that. So unfair.

one question: was the 8 year old enrolled in school at her new city? Odd that the older brother was told too late to transfer but for the 8 year old was not an issue?

The FB deletion is a big red flag. Was she trying to rid herself of someone particular by dropping off social networks?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Her marriage had ended in divorce, but Huggins-Jones had been tapped to manage First Tennessee Bank's first out-of-state branch in Raleigh, N.C., near where her family lives.

.... Huggins-Jones had worked for First Tennessee for about 10 years and had managed the 25th Street branch -- the bank calls them financial centers -- since 2004.

"She was selected to lead that effort in a new market, which says a lot about her," Wortman said.

Mike Griffin, community president of First Tennessee, said the promotion "was a great opportunity for her."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...medium=twitter
    Trying to move on in her life, then slain in her bed as she slept?
    * ** ........................ *

........Vultures................ L.U.S.T. spells Love

Runt of the litter...........Los Vigilantes...........

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast