NC - Rae Carruth in the murder of Cherica Adams, 16 Nov 1999

Thank goodness her baby survived the shooting... I hope he is being raised in a loving home with no contact with this SOB. :behindbar

Casshew said:
Thank goodness her baby survived the shooting... I hope he is being raised in a loving home with no contact with this SOB. :behindbar
Cherica's mom has raised him from day one. The child has a lot of issues due to hard labour.... oxygen deprived.... I'm not sure if he was also shot inside her womb though. She seems like a very loving person. He'll have a great life and I'm sure grandma finds a lot of comfort in raising him.

AGAIN....THOUGH....Carruth will get out before he's an old man. THAT'S plain wrong. He should be strapped down.

Rae Carruth apologizes for death of pregnant girlfriend, seeks custody of 18-year-old son

Oct 16, 2018

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Former Carolina Panthers wide receiver Rae Carruth, who has spent the past 17 years in a North Carolina prison for conspiracy to murder his pregnant girlfriend, opened up for the first time in a handwritten letter to the victim's mother.

Carruth wrote a 15-page letter to Saundra Adams, the mother of Cherica Adams, that was sent to Charlotte television station WBTV. He also spoke at length by phone with the station about the letter, accepting responsibility for the 1999 conspiracy to murder Cherica Adams and expressing interest in gaining custody of their son.

"I'm apologizing for the loss of her daughter. I'm apologizing for the impairment of my son," Carruth told WBTV. "I feel responsible for everything that happened. And I just want her to know that truly I am sorry for everything."...
"I should be raising my son. His mother should be raising her son," Carruth said. "Ms. Adams should not be doing this and I want that responsibility back.

"I feel like he might not ever have his mother in his life but he could still have me and I could still make a difference and I don't think that's anyone's responsibility when I'm still here."

Saundra Adams told the Observer on Monday that she would not relinquish custody of Chancellor to Carruth...."

Ex-Panthers WR Carruth seeks custody of son

gettyimages-498231034.jpg

(Saundra Adams, left, and Chancellor Lee Adams )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5281782-6302963-image-a-50_1540214978214.jpg

Ex-NFL player Rae Carruth was released from prison today after spending nearly twenty years behind bars for conspiring to murder his pregnant girlfriend.

In November 1999 a man hired by Carruth shot eight-months pregnant Cherica Adams four times. She died but Carruth's son was delivered by C-section - and left with cerebral palsy and brain damage - after the attack was orchestrated by the NFL star because he didn't want to pay child support while on a $3.7million four-year contract.
Ex-NFL star Rae Carruth gets APPLAUSE as he's freed from prison | Daily Mail Online

Only served 18 years! Carruth had said he wanted to take son from his Grandmother but backed off after media backlash.

Rae Carruth settles in Pennsylvania after finishing 18-year prison sentence (with clip)

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Officials confirmed Rae Carruth has moved to Pennsylvania days after his release from prison....

The Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole told Channel 9 that Carruth is now under its supervision.

Carruth is on a nine-month post-release program, according to North Carolina Department of Public Safety spokesman Jerry Higgins.

The program requires Carruth to receive special permission from a case officer to leave his "designated state" or the country during that span, but is free to go wherever he pleases after nine months....

It is unclear why Carruth chose to go to Pennsylvania, because he has no known ties to the state."

RAE CARRUTH MOVES TO PENNSYLVANIA: Rae Carruth settles in Pennsylvania after finishing 18-year prison sentence
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chancellor Lee Adams, the son Rae Carruth tried to kill, to attend first Panthers game

"...Via Scott Fowler of the Charlotte Observer, Chancellor Lee and his full-time caregiver, his grandmother Saundra Adams, will attend this Sunday’s Panthers game against the Baltimore Ravens, with lower-bowl tickets, and they’ll also be on the field before the game.

“What a nice gesture by the team!” Saundra Adams told Fowler. “We are both so excited.”

As Fowler wrote, it’s long overdue....."

Chancellor Lee Adams, the son Rae Carruth tried to kill, to attend first Panthers game

6202725423205d43dc72dfd6f8f618c5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember watching the trial, and seeing Van Brett Watkins threaten David Rudolph. I still think Watkins would love to kill Carruth.

On another note, I still don't think Rae has completely accepted responsibility.

Rae Carruth, in his own words, on his son, his life and second chances

DECEMBER 11, 2018

"Former Carolina Panther Rae Carruth sent me several emails following our recent conversation at Carruth’s home in Pennsylvania....

In November, Carruth and I began what turned into a multi-part, exclusive interview over several weeks. Part of that interview included Carruth answering some of my questions in emails that he said could be published here and also excerpted in the Charlotte Observer’s “Carruth” podcast.

While Carruth answered many questions about his current life and his future, he refused to talk about Adams’ murder, saying that wouldn’t help anyone involved. Here are several excerpts from Carruth’s emails...."

Rae Carruth, in his own words, on his son, his life and second chances
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rae Carruth Case to be Examined in True Crime Docuseries

Jul. 25, 2019

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The murder case against former Carolina Panthers star Rae Carruth will be examined in a true crime docuseries this weekend on BET.

BET's Murder in the Thirst, hosted by actress LisaRaye McCoy will dive into the shooting death of Carruth's then-pregnant girlfriend, Cherica Adams, and the subsequent fallout.

A panel of experts will discuss the case on the July 28 episode, which will include dramatizations of the real-life events. ...

The show will available to Spectrum customers OnDemand, as well as on BET's website with a Spectrum login. "

Rae Carruth Case to be Examined in True Crime Docuseries
---

BET's website:

Murder In The Thirst

5281782-6302963-image-a-50_1540214978214.jpg

Ex-NFL player Rae Carruth was released from prison today after spending nearly twenty years behind bars for conspiring to murder his pregnant girlfriend.

In November 1999 a man hired by Carruth shot eight-months pregnant Cherica Adams four times. She died but Carruth's son was delivered by C-section - and left with cerebral palsy and brain damage - after the attack was orchestrated by the NFL star because he didn't want to pay child support while on a $3.7million four-year contract.
Ex-NFL star Rae Carruth gets APPLAUSE as he's freed from prison | Daily Mail Online

Only served 18 years! Carruth had said he wanted to take son from his Grandmother but backed off after media backlash.

Applause??? That just pisses me off to no end. VOMIT. :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks, for posting this @Gardenista. I remember this trial, on tv as if it was yesterday. First trial (I believe) ever on live tv (court tv or something?) You could feel Watkins anger come through the tv, so chilling. He wanted to blame monster RC, but he never bothered to look at the monster in the mirror. moo

From the article:

Adams’ mother Saundra Adams told WSOC she was surprised of his passing.

“It’s no coincidence that to me he passed away 24 years ago in December after he took my daughter’s life, and that Chancellor is now 24 years old,” she said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back