Strange, doncha think?

Barbara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
" 'Fearing that she was dead, John let out a scream of despair. Fleet ran up the basement stairs to the main floor. Appearing extremely distraught, he grabbed a phone, dialed two or three numbers, but then hung up. He turned to go back to the basement door, but then stopped and yelled for someone to call for an ambulance. All eyes were riveted on the basement stairwell door as John's scream was heard by everyone else still in the house."

I find it interesting that since everyone initially thought this was a kidnapping, when John screamed, then Fleet came running for a phone, yelling for someone to call an ambulance, Patsy didn't go running.

In that situation, where you don't believe your daughter is in the house (they had a ransom note remember?), John's scream along with Fleet calling and screaming for an ambulance, wouldn't your first thought be that possibly John had a heart attack or was injured?

I have to comment that it is quite odd that hearing your husband scream, Fleet running for a phone, yelling for an ambulance and Patsy didn't come running, thinking that perhaps something happened to John.

Then again, perhaps Patsy knew better

Excellent thought, Barbara! And didn't Patsy also testify (per the NE Police file book) that she is still haunted by John's scream? Also, she called friends over for support and could have grabbed one of them to go with her to see what caused the scream and the ambulance. I suppose in fairness, Patsy might not have been able to stand another trauma...(cough, cough, sputter, sputter) ;) .

Yep...Patsy's daughter is missing, hours later she hears people calling for an ambulance.....yet she doesn't even go running to see.

Wouldn't you think it had something to do with your daughter?

Not being there it is too much of a guess,however she could have been paralyzed with fear. There is a question of perception here ,as well, on whose reporting and whose statements are we basing this behavior? Did it happen the way we have read so often,or was the situation entirely different. At this point I don't know who to believe.

JMO

Sissi, Patsy gave two versions in two different interviews/interrogations, if I remember correctly.

One was: Priscilla and Barbara had to hold her back, and she was fighting to get free to see what happened.

Two: Priscilla and Barbara had to help Patsy up, and to walk into the next room.

What do you believe?

Also, how "unPatsylike" to crumble in a crunch. From all we've read about her, she's no shrinking violet and always seems to COME THROUGH in a crunch. Do you suppose she was on the floor, huddled up, hysterical, when JonBenet got hit with the golf club in Charlevoix? Doubtful from what we know, IMO.

Many years ago,my son decided to slip out during the night,he was seventeen and was using something other than his mind for thinking, I heard a crash,ran upstairs to the third floor,the window was open,I could NOT look,I screamed for my husband to run out to the patio and see how badly he was hurt.
As luck would have it,we had just had the lower level carpet replaced,the carpet people had not finished the job and had left rolls of old carpet on the back patio,these rolls broke his fall.
I am normally a very attentive parent,care about every detail of their lives,but I can never,could never face blood and broken bones. That has been hubby's job for ever. Sitting in a chair,hoping for someone to scream back,"it's okay",is maybe just what Patsy was praying for this time.
Something else Patsy said reminds me of myself,I will not buy,or allow my children to wear purple clothing. I avoid any Christmas decorations that have a purple hue,and have gone as far as to sit up at night picking stitching out of beautiful dresses and replacing it with another color. It's one of those ingrained superstitions that I was taught as a child,purple may welcome death. Otherwise I feel I am not tooooo nuts:)

IMO JMO

Originally posted by sissi
Something else Patsy said reminds me of myself,I will not buy,or allow my children to wear purple clothing. I avoid any Christmas decorations that have a purple hue,and have gone as far as to sit up at night picking stitching out of beautiful dresses and replacing it with another color.
You are kidding.

Shamu......No, I am not kidding!
The "good will industries" loved me,they were the recipients of many a purple gift.

I thought I read somewhere that Patsy loved the color purple.
But, of course, I could be mistaken.

Hey Imon, great to "see" ya! Your posts are as excellent as usual. :bigthumb: :) :bigthumb: :)

Patsy made a comment after the murder,saying she was sorry she had decorated Jonbenet's tree in purple as it may have been an omen. I,personally,believe in purple as "mourning purple" and agree that it was a poor choice for a holiday tree.
JMO

Good to see yah, too, gretchen!! :wavy:

I, too, believe Patsy had a penchant for purple. Wasn't that the color of a Christmas tree decorations (JB's??) that fateful year? Didn't they find a broken Christmas tree ornament? Perhaps it was an angel deco or perhaps I'm having a memory lapse...:dontknow:

Oprah Winfrey would keel over aghast if she knew of these goings-on. Phew...hope she doesn't find out, hell will be a poppin', LOL.

I have read somewhere in my life, that people who like purple tend to be immature. Of course, I'm just relaying the message, folks who love the color purple, (making me the messenger) so don't go shooting me or nuthin'.

I like the color purple, and I am immature. ;-)

What alarms me is that Sissi's kids are not permitted to wear it. One of them is at least 17.

Purple and gold are my kid's school colors. One could not get around wearing it in sports, or even to graduate. I suppose with a ruckus one could somehow manage. But why? How do you get your kids to follow along w/ such superstitions?

EEeeek! My 3 year old loves purple and has a wardrobe full of purple skirts, jeans, dresses, sweaters, fleeces, tights - even shoes!

Are we all doomed?

Okay...I have some shades of purple paint chips to choose from. Was thinking of painting a room purple. LOL

Goodness, don't tell the Red Hat ladies that purple is immature or funereal! Purple is considered a royal color and a powerful color that should be used carefully. In my hippie days, I embroidered purple and gold yin yangs, surrounded by a mandela of i-ching blocks, on my son's baby blanket. Guess that's why he's always acted as if he thought he was a prince.

I can understand Patsy being paralyzed with fear, whether she was involved in JBR's death or not. That's just how some people react.

Originally posted by Barbara
I find it interesting that since everyone initially thought this was a kidnapping, when John screamed, then Fleet came running for a phone, yelling for someone to call an ambulance, Patsy didn't go running.
Patsy was seated at the time and as she attempted to get up and run, two friends restrained her.

Originally posted by Toth
Patsy was seated at the time and as she attempted to get up and run, two friends restrained her.

I question whether this anecdote was ever played out in real life. In the room where Patsy and company sat, they had no way of knowing what was happening except via the overhearing of conversations and sound elsewhere in the house, leaving them only the ability to guess what was going on in the area of the basement door and living room. To believe this anecdote, we would have to think Priscilla and Barbara had the power to see through walls, see John bringing a rigored JonBenet up (thus letting them interpret his cries as ones of pain rather than relief), and then make efforts to restrain Patsy from the sight. In reality, for all they knew, John was bringing up a thoroughly alive JonBenet, and under those circumstances, why would women who knew nothing to the contrary put all their muscle into keeping Patsy from going to her rescued daughter?

This anecdote feels like something Patsy used in retrospect, to justify her staying in the den for an unseemly length of time. It would not be the first time Patsy claimed that her actions or lack thereof were not her responsibility but were controlled by others.

Originally posted by Toth
How did they do that, when everyone left the room to see what the fuss was about EXCEPT Patsy?

Your stories even defy logic, Toth. At that time they were all just sitting around, bored, waiting for a phone call--wondering why they hadn't gotten it. There was absolutely no reason to "restrain" ANYONE.

I see no need for anyone to have been able to see through walls or anything like that. Once the commotion was heard it didn't take a rocket scientist to know what was going on. It would have taken Officer Donut a real long time to figure it out but I don't think it took anyone else more than an instant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back