GUILTY NJ - Joe Galfy, 73, brutally murdered at his Clark home, 13 May 2013 *'Kai the hitchhiker ARRESTED*

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
NJ investigators searching for 'Kai the Hitchhiker' in connection with murder of elderly lawyer
New Jersey investigators are searching for an Internet celebrity hitchhiker in connection with the brutal beating death of an elderly former attorney in suburban Union County Sunday night, officials said.

Cops are hunting down Caleb Lawrence McGillvary, 34, who is also known as "Kai the Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker" on a series of highly trafficked YouTube videos.

He is a suspect in the death of Joe Galfy, 73, who was found dead inside his home on Starlite Drive in Clark on May 13 after cops were called by concerned family members when he failed to answer his phone for several days.

Prosecutors said today that the pair met in Times Square last Sunday and that Galfy brought him back to New Jersey that night.

In a graphic Facebook post put up after the the alleged killing, McGillvary indicates that he was drugged and raped around the time he was at the elderly man's home.
---
“We don't know if he is in Philadelphia or Georgia," ADA Theodore J. Romankow. said. "We just don't know where he is, but we do know that this man is used to being on the road and he is considered armed and dangerous. Make no mistake about it.”
---
Union County prosecutors said that the hitchhiker has lopped off his long hair to evade detection.
more at New York Post link above, and see....

'What would you do if you realized someone had drugged and raped you?' Hitchhiker who became web hero
is wanted for murder of lawyer, 73, found dead hours after drifter claimed on Facebook he'd been assaulted
(Daily Mail)

He was last seen at a light rail station in the Haddonfield, New Jersey area, said Union County Prosecutor Theodore J. Romankow. McGillvary is considered to be armed and dangerous.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office said that McGillvary is likely no longer in New Jersey and there is "no immediate danger in Haddonfield."

McGillvary is homeless but considers himself "homefree" and relies on the generosity of strangers for food, lodging and transportation.

He is also known as Kai Lawrence, Caleb Kai Lawrence and Kai Nicodemus.

Based on the investigation, authorities say McGillvary has cut his hair in an attempt to alter his appearance. Investigators also released an updated photo of McGillvary, showing him with that shorter hair along with a distinctive face tattoo.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9105018

Kai allegedly met the attorney in New York City near Times Square. A surveillance camera captured images of their encounter. The men later went back to the older man's house, officials said.

At a press conference on Wednesday, officials said Kai had reached out to some fans in South Jersey. Those fans dropped him off on Tuesday at the train station. He told them he was first heading to Philadelphia and then going to see a girlfriend in Georgia.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...ted_for_murder_in_NJ.html#LSgbqRqwB2SoT83L.99

Woah. Maybe I should change my name! :eek:

Holy crap, this is the third "Famous for 15 Minutes" sorta-viral celebrity that has gone to become a murderer! There was the hiccup girl. Then there was the boy who fell asleep on the plane and ended up in the wrong city. And now Kai.

anybody got a link to his FB or twitter if they are still up. BTW, how can you be homeless (or HomeFree as he likes to call it) and yet have FB and twitter etc? How are you an internet "celebrity"? Who pays for your device and for internet. I guess he could just hang out at McDonalds sucking up their WiFi.

Weird.

This all goes to show - something, though I am not sure what this all goes to show.

be darned if I can figure it out either Woofie

Purplesage posted this on Kai's original thread earlier today. Perhaps a MOD can merge the two.

This type of guy will be back online before long. He may assume another identity, but he will be back.

I'm thinking he may make another FB, then will reach out to who he believes is his most ardent supporters.

I am hoping LE is monitoring his FB and twitter accounts.

Do we believe Kai's story? Or do we believe Kai's story was the invention of a moment after reflecting that Times Square is full of cctv cameras?

Here's the original thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197986&highlight=kai

Hindsight I tell ya. Catch Kitty says "It goes to prove very crazy person is not a killer" and next post my brilliant self says "These are the kind of crazy people we need".

If this kid has his haircut like that one photo he looks like every young guy out on the corners of South Street here looking for money. What is the face tattoo? A tear drop?

Do we believe Kai's story? Or do we believe Kai's story was the invention of a moment after reflecting that Times Square is full of cctv cameras?

Gah, I don't want to say it's invented, but this gentleman that he murdered I mean how did they hook up? The kid lived rough for a long time so he knows what's up. Invented. No doubt he didn't like what transpired, but you can't go around murdering people.

"I've always relied on the kindness of strangers" brings on new meaning.

Plus who the he*l goes posting such a thing on a public forum? I can see ya wouldn't head to the police station, but???????????

Invented.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back