772 users online (112 members and 660 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    It would be interesting to know Dr. Brumback's malpractice history, but it's possible that someone could have been very upset at one of Dr. Brumback's diagnosis and never filed a malpractice claim.
    Did he actually see any patients as of late? He was a chairman of a department in an University.
    Just my opinion

Cannot find any disciplinary action or malpractice claims, but I DID find out that the man was QUADRUPLE board-certified in Neuropathology,Anatomic Pathology,Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology.

That's impressive folks!

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Did he actually see any patients as of late? He was a chairman of a department in an University.
    Pathologists don't 'see patients'. They head up medical laboratories, pathology labs, and conduct autopsies. They look at tissue samples under a microscope and decide what type of pathology (cancer etc) is found in the sample submitted. Many pathologists in smaller counties serve as the coroner as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Police appear to be nowhere close to solving the first murder. So I am not sure what would be the point of concealing motive for the first murder-police don't appear to have a clue so they are confused as it is.
    Plus, from the chief's conference it's not really known if the cases are connected...he made a point of saying they will be looking into that and all possibilities are open..

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    Cannot find any disciplinary action or malpractice claims, but I DID find out that the man was QUADRUPLE board-certified in Neuropathology,Anatomic Pathology,Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology.

That's impressive folks!
    Wow. Thanks for sharing that info.

The FBI should check which graduating medical students were not "matched" with Creighton's residency program, but listed this as a top choice. "Match Day" is at the end of March.
    http://medschool.creighton.edu/gme/p...residencyhome/

Here is an article about residents interviewed for the Hunter killing:
    http://solvethomashuntermurder.tumblr.com

Was Dr. Michael Belenky ever located?
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...me/OXO5XwNBkIo

Whoa! On the heels of the suspicious departure of a pathologist now under the microscope, police are safeguarding employees at his former office.
    http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alber.../17931326.html

Belenky may have been punted from Creighton's pathology residency. Dr. Hunter and Dr. Brumback were the attending physicians (=made the decision to punt him). Belenky somehow found a forensic pathology fellowship through Allegheny General and the coroner's office in Pittsburgh and finished. He never passed his boards exams though.

Because Hunter and Brumback were his attending physicians during his residency, they would be contacted as references by anyone inquiring about Belenky's competency/mental stability/work ethic and etc...

The matching thing is unlikely - the retiring physician would probably not even be involved in the selection process. Creighton would not be considered a 'plum' assignment in the pathology world either- not bad, mind you, but certainly there are more attractive programs for an aggressive and driven new MD.

HOWEVER, the Calgary pathologist who is referenced above..... that's an entirely plausible avenue of exploration. Good work finding those articles (even though the first one won't open for me)

Few students graduating from med school can afford to go into primary care now. Their medical school loans total over $250,000. (My oldest is in med school now.) Any specialty is highly sought after because of their medical school loans and pathologists earn over $300,000+/year. Someone who chose Creighton Pathology first and didn't "match" for this might be very
    upset.

Here is the reference for Belenky finishing his training at Allegheny County Coroner's Office. I can't tell if he was punted from Creighton or if he finished and Allegheny was only a fellowship after completing a basic pathology residency.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ification.html

Google "solve the thomas hunter murder" for the first link that won't open.

So; here are the only three research articles I could find listing Belenky as co-author. All three are in the Journal of Comparative Neurology and a Gary E. Pickard is listed as co-author in all three.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/advan...rchRowCriteria[0].queryString=%22Michael%20A.%20Belenky%22&searchRo wCriteria[0].fieldName=author&start=1&resultsPerPage=20

"Heterogeneous expression of γ-aminobutyric acid and γ-aminobutyric acid-associated receptors and transporters in the rat suprachiasmatic nucleus"

"Subcellular distribution of 5-HT1b and 5-HT7 receptors in the mouse suprachiasmatic nucleus"

"Melanopsin retinal ganglion cells receive bipolar and amacrine cell synapses"

The first two appear to be possibly two articles derived from the same study and I'm not sure about the third.

If you are suffering from insomnia- I HIGHLY recommend this journal for your bedtime reading!

Gary E Pickard is a veterinarian and biomedical sciences researcher. Coudn’t Belenky find other pathologists (like Dr. Brumback who is more well known and was his attending physician at Creighton) to co-author articles/studies with him?
    http://www.experts.scival.com/nebras...kard&u_id=1178

Maybe the veterinarian researcher sought out Dr. Belanky and not vice versa.

I can't find any articles that state the police located Dr. Belenky after he left the lab in Canada. Can anyone else? Is he intentionally "missing"? That's scary. Maybe he returned to Russia?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast