1395 users online (256 members and 1139 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Neighbors Ignore Screams While 70-Year-Old Is Raped

Deputies say a man forced his way into a beachfront apartment early this morning and raped woman, and though neighbors heard her screams, no one did anything to help.

Investigators said at about 2:10 a.m., the 70-year old woman, who has been visiting south Florida since early this year, was watching television in a first-floor apartment in the time-share resort at 1400 block of North Ocean Boulevard. She told detectives she heard noises outside and then a knock on her door.She says she got up and looked through the peephole where she saw a clean-cut young man standing outside.

She asked the man what he wanted and he said that there had been reports of noises outside and that he needed to come in to investigate.
    The woman said that when she unlocked the door's deadbolt the man forced his way inside. He knocked the woman down, tied and gagged her, and raped her, deputies said. The woman said the man grabbed a kitchen knife that he held on her during the assault. The man then stole about $150 in cash and left the apartment, about an hour after he had forced his way in.

http://www.local10.com/news/4282254/detail.html

The complex's security guard and detectives searched the area, but did not find the man. Detectives said neighbors admitted they heard the woman's screams, but "didn't think anything of it."

2:00 a.m. and they hear a woman screaming and they didn't think anything of it???????

I believe it,people here in Florida aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack,a attempted abduction happened the other day here of a 12 yr old boy right in front of a crowded Dollar General and no one tried to help the boy,except for one woman that saw what was happening from the parking lot.It is pretty scary living here in Florida especially with children.

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Prayers of comfort and peace for this dear lady!
    I hope they catch this creep really soon.
    What kind of "man" rapes ANYONE let alone someone
    helpless...like an elderly woman or child.
    Sad, I can't believe no one helped her; I'm sure they were
    awfully scared...but sakes alive, I do not want to imagine
    the screams of this woman nor how terrified she must've been.

The more I read these scary stories the more I think I want
    to learn to handle a gun and get a concealed carry
    permit.

With love and prayers,

Ariel

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonGirl
    I believe it,people here in Florida aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack,a attempted abduction happened the other day here of a 12 yr old boy right in front of a crowded Dollar General and no one tried to help the boy,except for one woman that saw what was happening from the parking lot.It is pretty scary living here in Florida especially with children.

Unfortunately happens everywhere..Folks who live in Florida are smart enough to live in Florida..

uh uh!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanktothebank
    Unfortunately happens everywhere..Folks who live in Florida are smart enough to live in Florida..
    DOESN'T happen everywhere, trust me!