GUILTY NJ - Danny Burroughs, 66, found dismembered, Mays Landing, 21 July 2007

His daughter spoke out in this article:
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...pmoms-Arrest-I-Knew-She-Did-It-207967801.html

"Caroline Burroughs recalls her step mom was angry because her father wanted to move to Florida.

"She told me and my daughter at her table that over her dead body would she let him sell the house and move to Florida," said Burroughs, who says after her Dad disappeared Loretta told everyone that he ran off with another woman.

The family never believed her and kept asking police to continue the investigation."

As usual,the AC Press is awful. It's the only place (this am) that the Villas was mentioned. You can see she was arrested there. Almost went to take a drive by today,but changed my mind.

The other articles say she had the Ventnor home for sale. That's where the bones were found. She had moved them from the original Mays Landing home. All I can figure,is that she was in the process of the move to the Villas...guess she hadn't had time to move the bones yet.

It's awful that the police refused to listen to those who suspected all along. Seems it will be harder to prove with only bones...no body for an autopsy.

Well now, I don't want to just assume that what is in those containers is nothing but bones. Depending on what happened to him prior to being put in the container, we could have bones, ashes, bits of clothing or flesh or even (cover the little ones ears)...bone soup.

She might have dug him up after some decomposure , she might have tried to burn his body, or maybe she used some kind of preservative. Even bones have DNA.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you suppose she's already confessed?? How else would they be able to positively ID the remains and say that he was stabbed to death?

The news article is dated today, the 18th of May, and it says:
Crime scene investigators, acting on new information, went to the home this morning around 6 or 7 a.m., according to neighbors. The remains were discovered inside a closet and positively identified as Daniel Burroughs. It continues that he was stabbed to death.

How would they know that unless she told them OR the body was preserved somehow all these years? If it was only bones, neither COD or ID could be determined.

ETA Or maybe someone else was involved too and 'gave it up'?

Twitter (read from the bottom up)
Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Defense: She didn't murder Danny Burroughs, and the state won't be able to prove that she did. #acpress
30m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Defense: When when you hear the evidence... the he said-she said, the "I don't knows" ... the lack of real evidence... prosecution will fail
33m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Defense attorney: Presumed innocent, burden of proof, reasonable doubt ... These aren't just words, they're the foundation of our system.
34m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Defense attorney says the story "can't be that simple or else we all wouldn't be here." Says charges because "everyone assumes she did it."
36m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Defense: "They want you to believe Loretta Burroughs murdered her childhood sweetheart for a few thousand dollars. That doesn't make sense."
36m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Judge cautions jurors that openings are not evidence, and that they should only take true evidence and testimony into account. #acpress
39m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Prosecutor: Fractures and cuts in Daniel Burroughs' remains will show "false starts," where wife couldn't cut all the way through. #acpress
41m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
On body evidence: "Even after being dead for 8 years, Daniel Burroughs will be able to testify, & tell you how he was killed and disected."
43m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Lifting blankets, investigators found Tupperware wrapped in plastic. When removed, "they're hit with the smell of death and decay." #acpress
44m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Investigators were searching for paperwork to disprove power of attorney. In guest bedroom find closet with air freshener — and remains.
45m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
To get all the money from the 2009 house sale, defendant filed for divorce "from man she killed 18 months earlier," prosecutor says #acpress
47m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Burroughs allegedly told someone her husband left her for a Florida waitress two months before she killed him. #acpress
50m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Prosecutor: In June 2007, lawyer drew up blank power of attorney authorizing defendant to sell house. Found notary through job #acpress
54m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Victim's belongings sold by wife included tools, boat, car, drums. "Everything she could get her hands on, she would sell," prosecutor says
55m

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Prosecutor: Loretta Burroughs made $77,000 profit selling Hamilton Twp house *after* she said her husband left her. Sold all his belongings.
Expand

56m
Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Prosecutor: Victim wanted to move to Florida. Had house up for sale. "Don't worry," defendant told daughter. "I'm not going to Florida."
Expand

1h
Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
After brother filed missing person report, Burroughs' attitude changed. "nice lady ... snarled" at him: What the hell did you do that for?
1h

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Prosecutor: A week after brother spoke to victim, defendant's niece was "taking inventory" of husband's belongings. #acpress
1h

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Victim's brother will testify that Daniel Burroughs was not himself, "lethargic." When called later, wife said, "He's gone ... He left."
1h

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Prosecutor: This woman killed her husband, she eviscerated his corpse, she placed him in Tupperware for seven years to rot. #acpress
Expand
1h

Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Prosecutor tells story of "Little Red Riding Hood" in #Burroughs opening: Not everyone or everything is as it appears to be #acpress
Expand

1h
Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Opening statements begin in trial of woman accused of killing husband, keeping remains http://bit.ly/18ASTWT #acpress
Show Summary

1h
Lynda Cohen @LyndaCohen
Jury chosen in case of woman accused of killing husband, keeping remains http://bit.ly/1E66LBf #acpress pic.twitter.com/CqIb0f0gDn

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_324beca2-ccae-11e4-99d7-47ee0287f1f3.html

Loretta Doyle Burroughs presented herself as a grandmother beloved by the elderly people she took care of and abandoned by her husband. But, in the end, a jury found she is a murderer who killed and dismembered her husband, then moved his stored remains with her through at least two moves...

Doyle Burroughs, 63, cried as the jury was polled to confirm a unanimous verdict.

She faces life in prison when she's sentenced by Superior Court Judge Michael Donio on April 22.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back