GUILTY TX - Alex, 59, & Ryan Tanner, 23, shot to death, Fairview, 17 May 2013

Reader

Reaction score
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...d-in-shooting-deaths-of-son-and-grandson?lite

An 82-year-old man is accused of killing his son and grandson in their home in a small Texas town.

Police in Fairview, Collin County, found the bodies of Paul Tanner Jr., 59, and Ryan Dawson Tanner, 23, shortly before noon Friday...........

Police said both were shot in the head, most likely early this week.

The Tanners lived in the home with 82-year-old Paul Alexander Tanner Sr., who was later found at an Addison motel and taken into custody.

Little more at link.....

Trey Tanner was the son of Paul Tanner, Jr.

Welcome! yes, that is why I posted his obit. Could there have been lingering animosity over his grandson & namesake's death. That's what I was wondering about :)

Welcome! yes, that is why I posted his obit. Could there have been lingering animosity over his grandson & namesake's death. That's what I was wondering about :)

Hello. I am a Tanner family member. Not sure how much I am allowed to say on this forum. I seriously doubt animosity was a motive. I do know Tanner Jr and Tanner Sr and of course the rest of Trey's family was devastated by his death.

My understanding is Trey's death was a freak accident.

As to motive for the death of Alex (Paul Jr) and his son Ryan, we are speculating amongst ourselves. I am not in direct contact with Alex's wife (Ryan's Mom) or Alex's adult daughter. My heart aches for them.

That Girl

Welcome! yes, that is why I posted his obit. Could there have been lingering animosity over his grandson & namesake's death. That's what I was wondering about :)[/

Hello. I am a Tanner family member. Not sure how much I am allowed to say on this forum. I seriously doubt animosity was a motive. I do know Tanner Jr and Tanner Sr and of course the rest of Trey's family was devastated by his death.

As to motive for the death of Alex (Paul Jr) and his son Ryan, we are speculating amongst ourselves. I am not in direct contact with Alex's wife (Ryan's Mom) or Alex's adult daughter. My heart aches for them.

That Girl

Again, I am so sorry for your tragic loss.

Do you know when the grandfather moved into the Fairview home? Wasn't this home built by and owned by Tanner II?

The elder Tanner has lived there for quite a while. My understanding is that it was Alex's home. Alex being Tanner Jr. Btw

Welcome! yes, that is why I posted his obit. Could there have been lingering animosity over his grandson & namesake's death. That's what I was wondering about :)[/

That Girl

Welcome, That Girl, very sorry for the losses in your family and thanks for joining the discussion.

One point I noticed is that both the sons died at the same age though for different reasons. What a tragedy for his mother and sister.

One question: In the comments under the article in post #1, somebody said the grandfather suffered with Alzheimer's disease and said this was in a local newspaper. I've searched for a Fairview newspaper but keep getting Dallas, and there is no mention of any illness, other than the pills he took. Do you know if that is true? Thank you.

Welcome, That Girl, very sorry for the losses in your family and thanks for joining the discussion.

One point I noticed is that both the sons died at the same age though for different reasons. What a tragedy for his mother and sister.

One question: In the comments under the article in post #1, somebody said the grandfather suffered with Alzheimer's disease and said this was in a local newspaper. I've searched for a Fairview newspaper but keep getting Dallas, and there is no mention of any illness, other than the pills he took. Do you know if that is true? Thank you.

Within my circle of the Tanner family it has not been mentioned that Paul Sr suffers from Alzheimer's. I will try to find the 'local paper' that is said to have mentioned this. Thank you for your condolences.

That girl, I'm so sorry for your losses. It's just an awful situation.

This morning when I read the first post here, my mind immediately went "dementia", mostly because my mother had it and years before she was diagnosed there was a very significant personality shift. It can make someone do things very out of the ordinary for them, and with my mother, I would call it "having a moment" when an episode of anger would come out of nowhere. She was able to recover her senses and on a very deep level she knew something was very wrong.

It also wouldn't be that unusual for extended family not to be told there was any concern about someone's state of mind---many people don't want anyone to know because there is a big stigma with the disease and because there is a fear they'll be "put away" if everyone finds out.

The elder Tanner has lived there for quite a while. My understanding is that it was Alex's home. Alex being Tanner Jr. Btw

There is a Collin County court filing in 3/22/2013 for the eviction of Sr. and Jr. by a company beginning with the letter "T" (I'm not sure what we can post, going to look at rules now), status shows "Disposed", I'm thinking this may figure in.

Edit-"Disposed" - judgment for plaintiff, it's an apartment complex in Dallas, 4/16/2013.

how very sad. My heart goes out to those remaining family members left to deal with this. Awful. :(

There is a Collin County court filing in 3/22/2013 for the eviction of Sr. and Jr. by a company beginning with the letter "T" (I'm not sure what we can post, going to look at rules now), status shows "Disposed", I'm thinking this may figure in.

Edit-"Disposed" - judgment for plaintiff, it's an apartment complex in Dallas, 4/16/2013.

So, this was not for their address in Fairview, right? Can't imagine why it would be for both Jr. & Sr., though, even if it was a business venture.

So, this was not for their address in Fairview, right? Can't imagine why it would be for both Jr. & Sr., though, even if it was a business venture.

That's correct - I can't see the actual filing, but it seems that the management company for an apartment complex in Dallas filed an eviction on Jr. and Sr. - could they have signed a lease for grandson or another family member and that person didn't pay? It's a very upscale complex.

Within my circle of the Tanner family it has not been mentioned that Paul Sr suffers from Alzheimer's. I will try to find the 'local paper' that is said to have mentioned this. Thank you for your condolences.

Thank you, That Girl, for checking on that information.

If you check collincad.org you can see that the listed owner of the house in Fairview, TX is the same as the company that filed the eviction notice. Also interesting details on the internet as to the cause of the other son's death back in 2005.

if you check collincad.org you can see that the listed owner of the house in fairview, tx is the same as the company that filed the eviction notice. Also interesting details on the internet as to the cause of the other son's death back in 2005.

Welcome Jeremy

If you check collincad.org you can see that the listed owner of the house in Fairview, TX is the same as the company that filed the eviction notice. Also interesting details on the internet as to the cause of the other son's death back in 2005.

Thanks! and WELCOME! :seeya: I meant to come back to it and see how far I got but I got tied up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back