Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Missing father Tim Bosma found dead, Hamilton police say
National Post
John Visser and Adrian Humphries
3/05/14 | Last Updated: 13/05/14 4:01 PM ET
Hamilton Police say that missing Ancaster, Ont. father Tim Bosma has been found dead. Police said the remains of Bosma were found burned.
“This investigation is long from over,” he said. “We require more time to work as we pursue those that are responsible for Tim’s death.”
Police find Tim Bosma's truck at home of suspect's mother; search to begin at airport hangar
National Post staff
13/05/13 | Last Updated: 13/05/13 1:00 PM ET
Hamilton police say a truck matching the description of Bosma’s was found at the Kleinburg, Ont., home of Madeline Millard, the mother of a man arrested Saturday in connection with the disappearance of Bosma.
READ ME>>>THE RULES

Related Threads: CANADA - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Rest in Peace, Tim. You will not be forgotten.

A ‘hard-working country boy’ senselessly lost

By Molly Hayes

B821254669Z.1_20130514195432_000_GQ9VSLAR.2_Content.jpg

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER

Photo courtesy of the Bosma family

Tim Bosma, 32, leaves behind his two-year-old daughter.

Once again:

DO NOT:

• sleuth people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.
  • link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects. The few exceptions are victims' pages, and LE or MSM pages. Any exceptions must be mod-approved.
  • link to a social networking page unless you are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • COPY & PASTE posts and comments from other websites, including FB, twitter, etc.
  • post the name of a private individual, minor or adult, who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

If you quote a post that has to be removed, your post will be removed, as well.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Just another thought........as for MB's neighbors contacting LE about the auto trailer in her driveway, as it seems some are finding it strange that they would ?be so nosy or feel the need to contact LE. Well it's entirely possible that they (it seems some of the neighbors discussed it together and came to the agreement that LE should be called to come check things out) were concerned, perhaps for MB's safety...or maybe concerns that some (s) had pulled the trailer right up to the garage door so that they could very easily load it up with some of the contents of her home (read: home invasion/robbery). Particularly if trailer parked there at night when it's dark out. Maybe they were aware that she was not home and they felt it worrisome that maybe someone was robbing her house.

I can't wrap my head around that...I can't find anything about a PL anywhere..and I'm from the area...what could that be all about? A long lost acquaintance takes over the family command post? SB would not have even known him...yet after husband goes missing, he's the only one she wants to stay in house?

a cheque would have to be cashed - deposited or presented - ATMs and banks all have CCTV - not sure I think this is really a possibility but with this case it seems that "anything goes" . . . if a cheque has been written they will see it clear DMs bank account and be able to pull information regarding where it was deposited and how and take a look at CCTV

You are missing the point.......If the suspect, DM claimed he bought the truck, and wrote a check for it....it doesn't matter about the cashing, the CCTV, ATM, if it burned with the victim or whatever, the forensic PROOF that a check WAS written(penned, pressed down, written, scribed) would be the evidence of it in his checkbook and would subsequently show truth or lie.

This check "subject" is around the claims of cash purchase theory or check purchase theory and simply shows a forensic way to quickly disprove the check theory.

Is that clearer?

Id have no problem going on a rd test at 930. As for their ride... "He went to timmies and will be right back" would probably work in a pinch

I don't think PL being asked to stay was all that unusual. Yes, he may have been a peripheral friend, but by the time SB asked everyone to leave, LE had told everyone to NOT conduct their own searches so PL, as the admin of the Find Tim Bosma webpage was really the only one that was continually active in getting information in and out of SB's house.
I believe he was the point of contact for people relaying messages to and from the Bosma home.
Also, he seems to be quite web savvy. Perhaps he, just like the majority of us, was monitoring twitter, FB and even this website. He made have gotten his information about the press conference online, just like we did.
I'm sure stranger things have happened in the history of crime in the world, but I think implicating PL in any way other than trying to be helpful is really a stretch.

I can't wrap my head around that...I can't find anything about a PL anywhere..and I'm from the area...what could that be all about? A long lost acquaintance takes over the family command post? SB would not have even known him...yet after husband goes missing, he's the only one she wants to stay in house?

I find it strange, too. Do we know for sure that he did in fact know TB years ago as a teenager?....or is that merely what he told SB? (obviously poor TB not around to verify). Could it just be that SB was obviously so distraught and vulnerable and latched onto the offer for someone to set up a FB Group, maybe he was the only one who offered and she was just so emotionally exhausted that she was not of the mindset to organize this herself or delegate someone close to her to do so....that he was just 'in the right place at the right time'?

As i posted in the last thread.......is there any concern that perhaps he's part of the DM Camp and has strategically planted himself so that he could be aware of any new developments at the same time that the family would receive them? (eg: info that only the family would receive, or at least info that they would receive before the general public). Am wondering if anyone of Bosma's family (his sisters) can vouch for this guy, and DO remember him being an acquaintance of TB years ago.

Now thats a train of thought that we could not even launch into on this site..... but one to be put on the back burner and see what unfolds...

Re: test drive

Two strange things still stand out for me:
1. Showing a truck at 9:30pm at night ... it's dark ... it's simply too late to make any kind of decision that would lead to a transaction/sale
2. I've sold vehicles thru Autotrader & I did not go on the test drive with the person/people - they left their vehicle in our driveway & I might have even had their license info

I don't know if this sits well with other people but it's something I haven't been able to accept as 'normal'. I'd also be especially suspicious if someone didn't have a vehicle in sight.

But maybe THAT's just it!! Maybe TB found it concerning that these 2 guys showed up without a vehicle and he was concerned that maybe they had no vehicle and were just looking for one to quickly steal -- and THAT is why he decided to go with them.

Not sure if this is true or not, but I read somewhere that SB was concerned about something and she is the one who told TB to accompany them on the test drive (maybe she had the same concerns as above). And if you think about it, if a potential buyer shows up and leaves THEIR vehicle behind while they test drive yours, you probably feel that in the worst case scenario that they took off with yours and never came back, at least LE would hopefully have a place to start w/ tracking them down...based on plates/registration of the vehicle they drove up in.

-------------

On a personal note, I sold my beloved sports car about 7 years ago, my baby. I had it listed on Autotrader and had a for sale sign in the window. This young girl (very early 20s), her Dad and her boyfriend showed up to see it. It was middle of winter here in Canada, we had lots of snow, residential roads were bad and icy, it was a powerful car w/ a turbo. I was terrified they'd take it somewhere and try to floor it and wrap it around a pole......so *I* took them on the test drive (LOL)....I was the one driving, boyfriend in passenger seat, she was in the back. Crazy, hey? but she ended up buying it!

SB also belonged to a church. There could of been many people she could of asked to be a spokesman without the attachment feeling..

I don't know and I won't sleuth but something is soooo off with this whole case. I'm anxiously going to be waiting for the story to come out.

http://www.wwflightcentre.com/calendar/funflyers.php

PL friend of TB was an instructor at Waterloo...and looks like he was a longtime flyer there prior...there is an airport in Brantford...and Guelph...interesting he was from Waterloo...more interesting is DM had 2 Navaho airplanes and it costs young flight instructors a lot of money to get trained on twin engines like that...he may have met DM at the airport. I know the airport...and the flight training centre there...every one would know the planes that were in the hangar...something doesn't seem to be going together here for me. PL may have checked DM out on one of his planes?? Huge co-incidence

My gut instinct is still that this guy was just someone who was moved by human kindness (and technical proficiency) to help the family out, and it makes me kind of sad to see him getting semi-sleuthed. I think Occam's Razor applies here. Does the being a "plant" thing really sound likely?

Now thats a train of thought that we could not even launch into on this site..... but one to be put on the back burner and see what unfolds...

From what I can see online, he has ties to the Dutch Reformed community that TB was a part of. I personally do not see his involvement as inappropriate. The fact that it was quoted in the spec article that he sat across the table from TB's sister to me means that he was well enough known to be working closely with her. I'm also sure that LE would have investigated all those close to TB to check for any ties to DM.

This has been discussed previously, and it is strange for someone to look at a vehicle in the dark, but I would have let it happen as well. As for the test drive, if I was selling a car that wasn't worth much I would let them take it for a test drive but I wouldn't let anyone take my 68 charger for a solo test drive. I don't think we should be questioning TB actions that night. MOO

I think if I had a family member that was murdered..I would question everything ... !!!

Here is a cross-reference post to Laura Babcock thread:

Laura's thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9456059#post9456059"]CANADA CANADA - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012 - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Cross-ref Post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9456059&postcount=52"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA CANADA - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012[/ame]

Thank you...did someone say LB was jewish ?

Yes, she has a Hasma hanging around her neck in one of her missing poster/picture which may be indicative that she came from a Jewish background.

Thank you...did someone say LB was jewish ?

Yes, I believe so. Articles I've read have indicated that. She also wore a necklace with a Jewish symbol. I believe her ex BF, who started the group on FB to find her, he was Jewish too.....for when I looked through his personal FB page, lots of indications he's Jewish. And I don't mean to offend anyone or come across as perpetuating any kind of stereotype but most Jewish folks prefer to date someone of their same Jewish faith, understandably so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo